Menu

I'm really tired of finding ________ on the floor of my house!

Miss Peregrine

Tiny leaves of cilantro crushed into the kitchen floor so that even with a scrub brush it takes several minutes to scrape them up. My husband likes to cook with herbs, which is lovely, but he is what we might call an exuberant cook. Leaves tend to fly then get squished underfoot.

At least they don't hurt, though, so better than Lego.

Airsoft pellets. WHY are these in my house when we don't use airsoft guns in the house?!?! I have no idea, but they are EVERYWHERE.

Ds's best bud spilled a ton of bbs when they were about 10 years ole. Best bud just turned 18... I'm still finding bbs occasionally! Where they come from at this point, I can't imagine.

This is totally gross but Maggots.

I keep a fairly clean house, do the dishes daily and make an effort to carry the trash often {like every other day, sometimes daily when it's hot}. I scoop the litter box daily, I make sure no food is left out unsealed. Yet without fail I wake up to maggots in my dining room or kitchen floors a couple of times a month from spring to fall. I don't understand where they are coming from. I'm blaming the lack of a/c & my dd leaving the doors open a lot. Either that or my house seems to be the local fly breeding grounds!

I had this happen once last summer and I never did figure out where they came from.

It was really weird because we live in SoCal and we have very few flies here.  Shudder.

This is totally gross but Maggots.

I keep a fairly clean house, do the dishes daily and make an effort to carry the trash often {like every other day, sometimes daily when it's hot}. I scoop the litter box daily, I make sure no food is left out unsealed. Yet without fail I wake up to maggots in my dining room or kitchen floors a couple of times a month from spring to fall. I don't understand where they are coming from. I'm blaming the lack of a/c & my dd leaving the doors open a lot. Either that or my house seems to be the local fly breeding grounds!

Um, wow, you win!! I'll keep my dirty laundry!

LightBright pegs.  I banned them from the house 4-5 years ago because the kids could never keep them picked up.  We are still finding them.

Legos, KNex, Pearler Beads and Cheerios are a given to be found at all times on the floor.

My girls desperately want the Rainbow Loom and I've told them no because they will be all over the floor and the baby will eat them.  It's bad enough now having to fish the Legos, Knex and Pearler Beads out of his mouth on a regular basis.  I see no need to add to the collection of things to fish out of his mouth.

Dirt?!? You people must not live in the desert, sigh.

Or by the beach :) 

Am I the only one who feels like I pick up the SAME THINGS all day long? Today it was scissors. How many times did I pick a pair (or three) of scissors off the floor? If I didn't know better, I'd think my preschooler is gaslighting me.

Trash. I'm convinced that my children don't know how to throw trash away. Wrappers, scraps, napkins, whatever. And it irks me SO bad when there is trash all around the trash can and piled up on top....uhhh.... seriously?! If the trash can is full either push it down or get a new darn trash bag for the love of everything good in the world!!!

The Legos, Cheerios, smashed goldfish, (did I mention the bleeping Legos?), socks, blankets, cushions already mentioned in the thread.  Hairballs, blech.  Especially since they usually end up between the bed and the bathroom in the middle of the night, ick.

I would like it if the cats would leave the carpet on the corner of the stairs.  Apparently they think it looks better in shreds, collecting in the corners.   :glare:   And I wish the big male cat would stop his laundry fetish.  He'll pull something out of the hamper and then drag it all over the house yowling, usually in the middle of the night.   :huh:

Legos.

While I'm forever grateful for the giant bin of Legos that were given to us when DS1 and DS2 were tiny, I wonder if I'll ever not step on a few in the course of a day.

You can always make a rule like we have here: Any Lego outside the playroom goes in the trash.  (not really, but don't tell them!)

Ds's best bud spilled a ton of bbs when they were about 10 years ole. Best bud just turned 18... I'm still finding bbs occasionally! Where they come from at this point, I can't imagine.

My dd did a sewing project with sticky red sequins...years ago...I just pulled on off my sock last week. I am sure I will still be finding them when I teach her daughter to sew. ha

Weird farm supplies.

Up till last week, I had a semen tank in the corner of my bedroom. Rather disconcerting to have frozen squigglers in your bedroom.

I also currently have a whole set of freeze branders in there, three bows with arrows and a box of termite baits that have been there for 4 years.

Ya know why my dh stuck the termite baits in there?

So he wouldn't set them in the barn and forget about them. :)

At least we got the elastrator off the kitchen table.

Legos.

While I'm forever grateful for the giant bin of Legos that were given to us when DS1 and DS2 were tiny, I wonder if I'll ever not step on a few in the course of a day.

That day will come. And while it's liberating to know I can safely walk through my house barefoot in the dark, I miss listening to my now-big guys building and playing together with those pesky little pieces.

Weird farm supplies.

Up till last week, I had a semen tank in the corner of my bedroom. Rather disconcerting to have frozen squigglers in your bedroom.

I also currently have a whole set of freeze branders in there, three bows with arrows and a box of termite baits that have been there for 4 years.

Ya know why my dh stuck the termite baits in there?

So he wouldn't set them in the barn and forget about them. :)

At least we got the elastrator off the kitchen table.

Okay, you win.

I finally stopped finding ds1's old Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards in weird places frequently enough to be annoyed.

ds2 is almost old enough to start whining at me to buy him Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards and leaving them in weird places.