Menu

Have we had a "What are you getting DH for Christmas" thread yet?

From me: an iPod Shuffle for running/biking, cutting board with trough (DH is king of the grill and smoker!), (big) maybe a new guitar

From the kids: 2 sets of Nerf Lazer Tag, William Shakespeare's Star Wars

From his mom: a Barlow lens for our telescope, new Crocs

From my parents: a Kindle Paperwhite with case, xBox game, Life & Yahtzee

I'm off the hook because my hubby got himself a Nexus 7 a couple weeks ago. I'll still get him a board game and a couple of little stocking things. Last year I got him one of those alarm clocks that wake you up by a light that gets slowly brighter and a handgun laser.

Last year I got him one of those alarm clocks that wake you up by a light that gets slowly brighter and a handgun laser.

Haha ~ thought the handgun laser was part of the alarm at first. I was thinking, "wow, what a startling way to wake up." 

As for me, I don't know. I bought a book he'll like (new Malcolm Gladwell) but beyond that, I'm stumped. Actually, we are talking about giving ourselves something (like time away together!).

I am semi-stumped.  The small stuff is done, his stocking will be cool.  But I need the wow gift.  Thinking something soccer related... Not really sure what though.  I was going to do a ticket plan, but our local team is so stinky right now, not sure!

Any ideas for a soccer fan?  Also an Apple fan boy, but I'm not up for the big ticket items this year, so will need to be creative.

I think I actually did pretty good on my hard-to-buy-for DH this year. I got him 5 T-shirts (hard to come by cool ones since he needs big/tall) with neat things on them. I got him his favorite candy, the first season of Chicago Fire, and a Fitbit Flex.

My mom is getting him some new Crocs and a gift card....probably either to a restaurant or to the movies.

My grandparents will probably get him gift cards or a new pair of dress shoes for work.

I know what I want to get him. A certain memory foam type of pillow and Battlefield 4.  Something he needs and something he wants.  As of right now we have decided not to exchange gifts with one another because this year is very tight.  We'll see if that changes in the next few weeks

Bluetooth (wireless) earbuds

A game to play together, either by ourselves or with the kids -- I got him Carcassonne and Tsuro for his birthday, both of which were big hits. For Christmas I've been looking at Ticket to Ride. King of Tokyo looks fun, too.

DH is into building/making his own arrows, so he is getting two different types of arrowheads, cedar shafts, and a huge pack of the right type of feathers. He is also getting a 'cabbie' style hat, a nice pair of shearling slippers, and stocking stuff. My folks are getting him a new electric razor, and a nice Garcia tie, and...a couple small things I think.

I got mine

A t-shirt for every single one of his sports teams

A new Mickey shirt to replace an old one that has holes

Some tools that I don't understand, but know he wanted

Funnel cake mix for the stocking

A new watch

Now if anyone has any great stocking stuffer ideas that would help.  No bar themed stuff, no gold themed stuff, no video games, no latest and greatest gadgets, no bath type stuff, so what does that really leave?

I got mine

A t-shirt for every single one of his sports teams

A new Mickey shirt to replace an old one that has holes

Some tools that I don't understand, but know he wanted

Funnel cake mix for the stocking

A new watch

Now if anyone has any great stocking stuffer ideas that would help.  No bar themed stuff, no gold themed stuff, no video games, no latest and greatest gadgets, no bath type stuff, so what does that really leave?

coffee? For my dh that is always the perfect stocking stuffer. As a smart ass I also always put socks in his stockings

From DS: fleece lined flannel LL Bean shirt 

From me: I really want to get him an ipad air, but am not sure if I can swing it in the budget. I'm close. :-) It's hard to be sneaky when we share a checking account! 

If I get him that, that'll be it for him aside from the stocking. If not, well, I'll be following this thread closely for ideas!

A signed copy of Killing Jesus (Bill O'Reilly)

Dean Martin Roasts (dvd collection)

I'd love to buy him a new laptop, as he purchased me my beloved Mac Air out of the blue over a year ago, but I don't think I can skim that much out of the account without him having a heart attack :P

Mine is getting a travel humidor full of his favorite kinds of cigars. He's also getting a 7 layer V-Cube, a copy of William Shakespeare's Star Wars, and the rest of the Marvel Lego sets that he doesn't have.

He bought me a Toyota Tundra 4x4 - I hope he likes his gifts as much as I like mine!

I am semi-stumped.  The small stuff is done, his stocking will be cool.  But I need the wow gift.  Thinking something soccer related... Not really sure what though.  I was going to do a ticket plan, but our local team is so stinky right now, not sure!

Any ideas for a soccer fan?  Also an Apple fan boy, but I'm not up for the big ticket items this year, so will need to be creative.

I'm curious: what do you put in his stocking?

As for gifts? I know my DH wants lingerie. . . for me to wear. For once I'll get him what he really wants. :)

Just another suggestion: a new boss wrote an amazing email to my DH detailing how pleased she was with him and the future. I printed the email and framed it. It was just too good of an email to be lost in time. I thought maybe someone else could do something similar.

Alley

So far all I've gotten DH is cologne. I need some more ideas. I hope this thread inspires me.

Last year I got him a Roku. That was a great gift, not very expensive and we've gotten a ton of use out of it.

I had to go look this up to see what Roku is, but this looks great! Totally getting this for my husband for Christmas. Thanks!

I'm curious: what do you put in his stocking?

As for gifts? I know my DH wants lingerie. . . for me to wear. For once I'll get him what he really wants. :)

Just another suggestion: a new boss wrote an amazing email to my DH detailing how pleased she was with him and the future. I printed the email and framed it. It was just too good of an email to be lost in time. I thought maybe someone else could do something similar.

Alley

That is a great gift - both the lingerie and the email!  Nice!

Apparently, we are thinking along the same lines.  :)  I picked up some really nice massage oils, and some other, ummmm, stuff for DH's stocking.  If he were opening it privately, I'd have included more from our favorite online store, but it has to stay fairly unnoticeable, if you know what I mean.  (Do we have a naughty icon here??)

For other goodies, non-TeA related: I have this keyring (I see him trying to balance his iphone to watch things fairly often, so I thought the stand would be nice) and a set of lenses for his iphone, for when he travels.  A silk eye pillow, and some replacement thingies for his stylus (the kids always lose a tiny part that we have to reorder, it's sort of a joke).  Good chocolate.  If I can squeeze in good coffee, I will.  Oh, and ticket to a winter event for the whole family.

It's just the actual gift-to-open I'm stuck on!

We're watching A Christmas Story, and he mentioned a desk-size leg lamp for his desk at work. I found one on Amazon, but then I asked, "Would a leg lamp be appropriate at work?" He replued in the negative, so I'm fresh out of ideas now!

Last year I bought DH the full size lamp. It is awesome (although I will admit that I do occasionally get ever so slightly concerned about passers-by who have not seen the movie judging us, LOL).

a new chain for the chain saw 

You win.  I don't know what, but definitely something.

In addition to the Roku someone helpfully suggested above (thanks again!), mine is getting:

1.  Book about RGIII.

2.  Book by the guy who sawed off his arm to get out from under the boulder.

3.  Case and bluetooth keyboard for his Crackpad, I mean iPad.  I briefly considered upgrading him to an iPad 2 but decided against that on the grounds that he would be even more addicted to a better iPad.

4.  LSU tag for the front of his car.

His birthday is in January--grrrrrr--so I'll be looking for more ideas.

My dh's hobby is buying and refurbing vintage motorcycles.  Last year I found a poster of  Honda motorcycles he really liked it.  It's framed and hangs in his garage.  This year I am getting him a Suzuki.   He's also getting battery operated hand warmers.  We walk just about everyday and I thought those would be nice on the colder days..

Dh got a new monitor on a stand so it's the right height for him. He's an Oracle DBA and works from home a lot so he spends a lot of time kind of hunched over at his work laptop and it's affecting his neck and back. He can plug the lap top into this BIG monitor so that he looks straight ahead as he works instead of down. He's also getting some rocket fuel/rocket motor making supplies, two new flannel shirts because his others are completely worn out and he doesn't like the bulkiness of a sweater under his coat when he's shoveling snow, and a new candy making pan. Oh, and a replacement for his favorite t-shirt which he ruined. (There is no problem that can not be solved with a suitable application of explosives.) The boys are getting him the one that says, "Black holes are where God divided by zero!"

He is purchasing for me, a sweater that I've been eyeing, 5 oz. of pure sodium, some beryllium, cadmium, and indium for my elements collection, and a coffee mug that has the periodic table on the back side and the chemical symbol and atomic weight for Einsteinium on the front. Oh, and a piece of replacement tubing for my distillation equipment. We are buying uranium marbles for each member of our 4-H club.

Faith

That is a great gift - both the lingerie and the email! Nice!

Apparently, we are thinking along the same lines. :) I picked up some really nice massage oils, and some other, ummmm, stuff for DH's stocking. If he were opening it privately, I'd have included more from our favorite online store, but it has to stay fairly unnoticeable, if you know what I mean. (Do we have a naughty icon here??)

For other goodies, non-TeA related: I have this keyring (I see him trying to balance his iphone to watch things fairly often, so I thought the stand would be nice) and a set of lenses for his iphone, for when he travels. A silk eye pillow, and some replacement thingies for his stylus (the kids always lose a tiny part that we have to reorder, it's sort of a joke). Good chocolate. If I can squeeze in good coffee, I will. Oh, and ticket to a winter event for the whole family.

It's just the actual gift-to-open I'm stuck on!

love the key ring! Thank you!

Apparently, we are thinking along the same lines.   :)  I picked up some really nice massage oils, and some other, ummmm, stuff for DH's stocking.  If he were opening it privately, I'd have included more from our favorite online store, but it has to stay fairly unnoticeable, if you know what I mean.  (Do we have a naughty icon here??)

Spryte: Can you PM me with your favorite online store? I could use the suggestion.

Thanks,

Alley

That is a great gift - both the lingerie and the email!  Nice!

Apparently, we are thinking along the same lines.  :)  I picked up some really nice massage oils, and some other, ummmm, stuff for DH's stocking.  If he were opening it privately, I'd have included more from our favorite online store, but it has to stay fairly unnoticeable, if you know what I mean.  (Do we have a naughty icon here??)

Spryte: Can you PM me with your favorite online store? I could use the suggestion.

Thanks,

Alley

Me too, please!

I am having a very old ( late 1800) family tree framed for my husband.  His sister was telling me about it in a phone conversation.  He doesn't know it exists, much less that I have a copy of it.  Most of it isn't in English. 

I have a "key" of sorts for it as well and I am going to put that into some kind of binder along with a copy of a diary from an ancester. I don't even have a clue who these people are, and I am pretty sure he does not either, but we know they are relatives and he will love it.

I want to get him one of those gourmet food gift boxes. This is one of those things that I know will hit specific happy buttons for him.

Problems are, 1. he's on a low-carb diet and I want to get something that is just for him that he can eat all of, and 2. it makes me twitch to pay twice as much as if I'd just put it together myself, but I know he'll appreciate it more that way.

I thought about doing something as a family gift and give him the low-carb parts and the rest of us the others, but I don't think that would work for him the same way psychologically.

So basically, meat and cheese. A cheese ball/log would be wonderful (*gag*). Maybe some nuts. Ideally, no crackers, fruit, or desserts (unless they were low-carb). 

The one actual low-carb basket I found didn't really appeal. figis.com is looking promising, though.

He bought himself a gun, too.

I'm sure I'll find stuff beyond those, but that's the big things.