Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?

Luanne

Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?  

307 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know who Marlo Thomas is?

• yes
    • no
    • other (no idea why I need this)

OK, I should start a new s/o thread, but am not.

TRIVIA:

What was the name of her boyfriend on "That Girl".   Now, for those of you, like me, who grew up with it - you may NOT use your search button.  You must go on memory.  Winner gets.............

GOOD JOB! 

BTW, I remember his name...."character name".  Not his real life name.  His character name in "THAT SHOW"  HA had 3 letters.........

Who will be the first to guess?  Remember - play fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

OK, I should start a new s/o thread, but am not.

TRIVIA:

What was the name of her boyfriend on "That Girl". Now, for those of you, like me, who grew up with it - you may NOT use your search button. You must go on memory. Winner gets.............

GOOD JOB!

BTW, I remember his name...."character name". Not his real life name. His character name in "THAT SHOW" HA had 3 letters.........

Who will be the first to guess? Remember - play fair!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ted Bessell played Donald Hollinger, right?

Or do I have Donald's last name wrong?

Must.....not.....Google.....

One of my favorite tv lines of all time (which I occasionally break out at random and apropos of absolutely nothing) is, "Donald's trousers are in my closet and I'm feeling so sad."

YOU GOT IT!   YOU'RE RIGHT!  Now, that was from memory, right!  LOL!  We need to play fair.

Is he still around?

CONGRATS!  YOU WON!

YOU GOT IT! YOU'RE RIGHT! Now, that was from memory, right! LOL! We need to play fair.

Is he still around?

CONGRATS! YOU WON!

:party: :party: :party:

It was definitely from memory. I was addicted to That Girl when I was a kid.

I know that Ted Bessell became a pretty well-known director once he stopped acting, and I remember hearing that he had died, but I don't remember when it was -- I know it had to be quite a few years ago, though, probably some time in the 90's.

I know she's an actress and writes children's books now. I think I only know her face because of commercials.

When I read that Ebert died and mentioned it at work, a new coworker said, "Who?" She's just out of college, but I thought he was still pretty well known.

No idea.  Even with all the hints and show titles, still no idea.  I'm 38, from the USA, and feel okay with not knowing entertainment celebrities.

I'm just glad it wasn't a world leader that I'd never heard of - that is what I really find embarrassing.

No idea.  Even with all the hints and show titles, still no idea.  I'm 38, from the USA, and feel okay with not knowing entertainment celebrities.

I'm just glad it wasn't a world leader that I'd never heard of - that is what I really find embarrassing.

Same here - 'cept I'm older than you - well into my 40s (closer to 50, but I don't like to admit it).

I'm admitting to a no vote. Didn't watch much tv growing up. Still don't. 47.

Same here too.  TV wasn't off limits at our house - I'm sure my sister would know as she watched everything. I get way too bored with most TV, so I spent a good part of my childhood outside.  When I wasn't outside I was reading.  I watch more now than then, but it's still mostly morning news and a taped show or two.  I usually can't even tell you who is who (actors) on the shows I do watch.  I don't care who they are...  I've never watched any of the shows mentioned on this thread and I'd only recognize Friends as a show (still never watched a whole episode - the bits and pieces I saw never looked appealing enough).  I have no idea what is meant by the "St Jude lady" either.  And I don't feel the least bit regretful.  It's just not me.  ;)

I know she's an actress and writes children's books now. I think I only know her face because of commercials.

When I read that Ebert died and mentioned it at work, a new coworker said, "Who?" She's just out of college, but I thought he was still pretty well known.

THAT would shock me but as far as I'm concerned Roger Ebert was one of the smartest and most important pop culture figures of the last 50 years.

Loved him.:(

Yes I know who she is, I am 32.  Although I only know of her through her work with her father's organization, I don't recognize her as an actress.  I also know who she's married to, but only because he joined her at a fundraiser  that I was at. 

but do they know who danny Thomas was?  ;p  (I'm old enough to remember him when he was alive.)

Of course. Founder of Wendy's.

Just kidding! I watched a lot of old shows growing up, including Make Room for Daddy and That Girl. And stuff they only seemed to show in the wee hours like I Married Joan and The Ann Sothern Show.

but do they know who danny Thomas was? ;p (I'm old enough to remember him when he was alive.)

Duh, the guy from the Maxwell House commercials.

OT, but for too long Ella Fitzgerald was nothing more than the Memorex lady to me. I get the desire to cash in on face (and too often the financial need), but when first exposure is via an ad, it's often hard to look past it.