Menu

Poll: Gray/Grey

Spell it:  

1. 1. Spell it:

• always "gray"
    • always "grey"
    • I don't have a go-to spelling of it
    • don't you have kids to homeschool?

So I'm searching Houzz for inspiration and (after a ridiculous number of hours) remembered that there are two ways to spell the color I'm looking for.

Searching both spellings gave me so many more hits to drool over!

And now I'm curious, which is the more common spelling?

:tongue_smilie:

Signed,

Too Much Free Time Today

I picked "don't you have kids to homeschool" since I'm assuming it is a stand in for "other."

How bad is it that I don't remember how I spell it. It is too forced to even try to type it out right now. But I know what one is referring to when it is spelled either way. :D

So I'm searching Houzz for inspiration and (after a ridiculous number of hours) remembered that there are two ways to spell the color I'm looking for.

Searching both spellings gave me so many more hits to drool over!

And now I'm curious, which is the more common spelling?

:tongue_smilie:

Signed,

Too Much Free Time Today

I spell it the way it looks prettiest in the sentence.

I'm a Canadian, living in the US. I use both, but probably use grey more often because that was what I was taught in school.

I interchange other words, as well. For example:

neighbour/neighbor

theatre/theater

I don't have a go-to for those ones either. There are probably more, too.

Other. Used grey while growing up but switched to gray when I found out it was the correct US spelling. I've always lived in the US btw.

In spite of being a good speller I grew up writing theatre instead of theater as well. I have never spelled color as colour, though.

I always use gray unless it's a persons last name then I use what they tell me :tongue_smilie:

I know another poster mentioned theater/theatre to me they are both correct and I use theater to mean a place to see motion pictures where as a theatre is where you go to see a live action play.

I know another poster mentioned theater/theatre to me they are both correct and I use theater to mean a place to see motion pictures where as a theatre is where you go to see a live action play.

:iagree: on the theatre/theater.

I use "grey", but I tend to think I'm pretentious doing that, and roll my eyes at myself behind my back.