Menu

Warning: Probably sensitive.

Yes, if it were a lawful killing, in self-defense or defense of others. IOW, if it comes down to my child, husband, or another person being killed by the perp or the perp dies, then the perp must go.

I would not kill someone just because I think they need killing, though.

Edited by RoughCollie

Yes, if it were a lawful killing, in self-defense or defense of others. I would not kill someone just because I think they need killing, though.

:iagree:

Yes. To protect my kids or dh....definitely......a stranger? I am not sure, that would depend on the circumstance....but, I would also be a raging mess afterward...and probably never forgive myself even though I know it would be the right thing to do.

Yes, if it were a lawful killing, in self-defense or defense of others. IOW, if it comes down to my child, husband, or another person being killed by the perp or the perp dies, then the perp must go.

I would not kill someone just because I think they need killing, though.

:iagree:

I totally understand that's your belief, but a child is going to be killed and you could prevent it? I think the Mama bear instincts would have to come in. I mean, a policemen/woman has no more right to shoot someone killing my (whomever) than I do... :(

If I had means to prevent a child from being killed, I would. But to me, that does not include intentionally taking someone's life.

I have no more right to kill the child's assailant than the assailant does to kill the child.

These are my convictions based upon my understanding of the Bible. I'm not out to convince anyone else tonight; just answering the OP's question.

I would act in an appropriate way to protect my family or a stranger. I would not put myself in harms way for a stranger if I had no way to ward off whatever the attack was. I would stand in front of my dh or my son to protect them from a bullet. My dh would be standing in front of both of us though.

I don't like guns that much and I'm not sure I could pull the trigger on someone, but I would respond if necessary. I have other items that could be used as weapons and I have no qualms about being defensive.

Well, this is why I'm asking. I just know I would do anything to protect my daughter and husband. I just know it . . . I think.

I'm sure, like all the PPs, I would never, ever, desire such a thing and would never be the same again. But I would certainly die to save my family so I'd also be willing to suffer the rest of my life, too. I really think I would.

On the other hand . . . I'm not sure I *should* feel that way. I don't know. To take a life . . .

But to protect my girl, I would.

I have come to realize that I am more ruthless than most women. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, or neither. I am a Christian, I know the Bible says I shouldn't feel this way.... but deep down, I absolutely know how I would feel and act, and would probably just have to ask forgiveness after the fact.

You mess with my husband, my child, my loved one... I will shoot first and ask questions later, if I ever get around to asking; and I shoot to kill- wounded people will just try to sue you later.

If it was feasible/doable, I could very easily seeing myself torturing said person until they begged me to kill them. ESPECIALLY, if said person killed my child/DH/loved one intentionally and with malice. I would show no mercy, NONE.

And honestly, deep down, I don't think I would have any problems with it. As long as my loved one was still alive and well at the end of the day, I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping at night. I have NO patience for "people" (to me they aren't people, but violent wild animals) who take innocent lives, commit rape, or brutally assault the innocent. As far as I am concerned, they deserve to be done away with, exterminated like roaches, and I would be doing the world a favor.

Yes the first. for the second and third it would depend on the situation, what was happening, risk to me and/or my kids for doing so. I am not saying I would commit premeditated murder (though there would be a moment of thought to that if someone raped or killed one of my kids). But to defend them, you bet your bottom I would. And my kids and most others know it.

Yes. I have NO hesitation or question about the matter. I would absolutely kill to protect my children or my husband or other loved one. I would like to say that I'd do the same for a stranger, but that is a little less clear for me.

I don't think that it would be something that would haunt me for life either. If someone was trying to hurt/kill my family member, I think that they deserve what they get. I don't think I would lose any sleep over it at all.

would you kill to protect your child? your husband? a stranger?

Yes. And I wouldn't live with any guilt over it because I have the same opinion as below:

The feeling we have in our family is, if you (aggressor) think so little of our lives, then you forfeit your own and everything is up for grabs and fair game.

I have a relative that was in a situation where they had to kill to protect themselves and their pregnant wife. Knowing that it can and does happen it really gives you a different opinon on the manner. My relative is a hero, not a killer.

I've been the victim of a violent assault, and I would do anything I had to to prevent my children from a violent attacker.

My husband...I'm not sure he'd want me to...kind of strange, I guess. We've been in sketchy situations in the city and dh just wanted me to get away. And, frankly, I wanted the same.

But I wouldn't hesitate for a second to protect my kids if I could.

People around here consider me a tree-hugging hippie liberal, even though I go to a pretty conservative church and teach multiple classes there. They forget I was raised in the ghetto and I was in the Navy;). I'm not a big fan of guns, I don't believe violence/military aggression is the best answer, and I think the death penalty is stupid, but if you mess with my family you better believe your life is in danger. And you better believe that if I shoot/stab your sorry arse for messing with my family I will sleep well that night. God is pretty awesome. I think He would understand that the God-given Momma Bear instinct kicked in.

I have come to realize that I am more ruthless than most women. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, or neither. I am a Christian, I know the Bible says I shouldn't feel this way.... but deep down, I absolutely know how I would feel and act, and would probably just have to ask forgiveness after the fact.

You mess with my husband, my child, my loved one... I will shoot first and ask questions later, if I ever get around to asking; and I shoot to kill- wounded people will just try to sue you later.

If it was feasible/doable, I could very easily seeing myself torturing said person until they begged me to kill them. ESPECIALLY, if said person killed my child/DH/loved one intentionally and with malice. I would show no mercy, NONE.

And honestly, deep down, I don't think I would have any problems with it. As long as my loved one was still alive and well at the end of the day, I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping at night. I have NO patience for "people" (to me they aren't people, but violent wild animals) who take innocent lives, commit rape, or brutally assault the innocent. As far as I am concerned, they deserve to be done away with, exterminated like roaches, and I would be doing the world a favor.

Wait, why don't you have a right to feel this way? In my opinion, in more than one spot in the Bible, you could defend what you think you'd do :)

The law (government) gives you the right to protect yourself or others being harmed. I see NO spot in scripture that says you must allow yourself or others to be murdered. :(

People around here consider me a tree-hugging hippie liberal, even though I go to a pretty conservative church and teach multiple classes there. They forget I was raised in the ghetto and I was in the Navy;). I'm not a big fan of guns, I don't believe violence/military aggression is the best answer, and I think the death penalty is stupid, but if you mess with my family you better believe your life is in danger. And you better believe that if I shoot/stab your sorry arse for messing with my family I will sleep well that night. God is pretty awesome. I think He would understand that the God-given Momma Bear instinct kicked in.

You're hilarious. I'm sure if you saved a person's life, it'd be good. Think of the others that person would potentially kill, too. :(

Yes the first. for the second and third it would depend on the situation, what was happening, risk to me and/or my kids for doing so. I am not saying I would commit premeditated murder (though there would be a moment of thought to that if someone raped or killed one of my kids). But to defend them, you bet your bottom I would. And my kids and most others know it.

I think Machine Gun Kitty avatar says it all!

I think Machine Gun Kitty avatar says it all!

:lol: You know it. Those that have found themselves my friend know that I go to bat for those I care about. My kids proudly boast that I am momma bear. The toughest bullies in town know to run when I come near. I was told once that when I get angry I get scary and they could see fire in my eyes. Don't mess my with my family, you will pay the price and I will have no guilt afterwards.

I will stand up to protect a stranger depending on the situation like I mentioned above. My priority at all times is my kids. So if my kids were with me or if I stood the risk of being killed in the line of killing to protect a stranger, I would not do it.

Gun laws here in Canada means the bad guy has as long of a head start as it takes me to grab a heavy object or a knife. DS14 says if it came to it he has no doubt that I could kill someone with my bare hands if they were hurting my kids.

I think most Mammas would say yes they'd do or die for their children & husband's, but the truth is some people shut down in emergency situations. It's going to depend on how you normally react in an emergency situation, but remember when it comes to your family you can react totally different.

Absolutely, without a doubt. I have drawn on a human being with the intent to shoot before at which point they decided to leave rather quickly. I usually handle emergency situations fairly well in the moment so I am pretty confident that I would shoot someone if necessary and make sure they were fully inside my house before I did.