Menu

Real women's bodies

This is kind of interesting .... http://www.mybodygallery.com/

You can put in a height and weight and see how other women's bodies look with those stats. Sort of an interesting way to see how a given weight looks on a given height, though there obviously are still variables.

The biggest variable is that some of the women are obviously lying about their weight or are delusional about their actual height.

The biggest variable is that some of the women are obviously lying about their weight or are delusional about their actual height.

A couple I thought too. At first I just thought maybe some weights look a lot tighter at 20 then they do at my age:) but of course they are probably not being honest.

Most looked accurate close to my height, and I was surprised at what some weights look like. I am 5'5" and some of the women my height carry a lot more weight than I do and look really good!

A couple I thought too. At first I just thought maybe some weights look a lot tighter at 20 then they do at my age:) but of course they are probably not being honest.

Most looked accurate close to my height, and I was surprised at what some weights look like. I am 5'5" and some of the women my height carry a lot more weight than I do and look really good!

I'm 5'5" too, and when I looked at the 110 lb women, I could see that at least a few of them weighed considerably more than 110. Then, I looked at the 120 pound women and they looked slimmer than the 110 pound women.

I think many people like to believe they are still at the same weight they were the last time they got on a scale, no matter how long ago that was, and that if they can still button their jeans, they haven't gained weight, although I guess that big ol' muffin top hanging off over their waistband doesn't count. ;)

Also, some people have been lying about their weight for so long, that they really believe what they're saying.

Aside from giving inaccurate information, remember that many people carry weight differently.

I am 5'8" and weigh 140. I have enough tummy that I could be mistaken from being pregnant...but my arms and legs are very thin. I carry all my weight in my middle. For someone else who has weight distributed more evenly, my weight looks fine and they don't have much tummy at all.

Hey, I don't look half bad! lol

One thing I realized just yesterday is that it would be better to buy clothes that fit properly than to wear clothes that are a touch tight in 'hopes' that I would lose a few pounds.

Women of any size can look spectacular...in clothes that fit right.

That is fascinating.

I learned that I don't have as much of a weight problem as I thought: What I have is a distribution problem!

Now, if I can just find a way to move most of my fat to my bOOks so I can forget this silly diet...

:iagree::lol:

That is fascinating.

I learned that I don't have as much of a weight problem as I thought: What I have is a distribution problem!

Now, if I can just find a way to move most of my fat to my bOOks so I can forget this silly diet...

Where's the sign-up sheet for that?

This was interesting. I'm confused about some of the gals in my weight/height bracket. I'm 5'1" and about 160 right now. I think at my height it would be pretty impossible to carry that much weight well, but some of them looked much less, er, lumpy than me. Maybe it is the four pregnancies. Maybe they have a lot of heavy muscle, hmmmm. Some looked about like me, though, so that was comforting, I guess.

Hey, I don't look half bad! lol

One thing I realized just yesterday is that it would be better to buy clothes that fit properly than to wear clothes that are a touch tight in 'hopes' that I would lose a few pounds.

Women of any size can look spectacular...in clothes that fit right.

:iagree::iagree:

I guess I look about like I thought. Not crazy about it, but trying not to obsess until life calms down a bit.

Why is it a banana? A banana looks like it has scoliosis. We're there no straight fruits/vegetables???

I don't know, I didn't make it up!

FWIW, some women really REALLY carry weight differently. My DW is one of them. When she and I are about 25lbs apart on the scale (she is heavier) we look the same weight. She has a very heavy frame or something, but she always looks a lot thinner than other women with her stats.

It seemed pretty accurate to me. Well, my naked tummy will never look quite the same due to my skin, but size wise about the same. I couldn't tell the difference going up and down 10 pds or so, which is interesting as I've been contemplating staying a bit curvier after this pregnancy and I wanted to see what I'd look like. I think I like a bit of extra curves (and I know dh does).

FWIW, some women really REALLY carry weight differently. My DW is one of them. When she and I are about 25lbs apart on the scale (she is heavier) we look the same weight. She has a very heavy frame or something, but she always looks a lot thinner than other women with her stats.

I am like this and so is dd. We must has more muscle or heavy bones....but even the doctor is surprised by our weight vs. What we look like. I always look about 10lbs less....

:iagree:

You can't accurately guess someone's weight by looking at them. I have two girls who weigh the same, one is average height and weight for her age. Her sister is small and skinny for her age and 2.5 years older. They weigh the same but if I pick the younger up she feels much heavier.

I look at a few and found that posture and dress really makes a difference in your perceived weight.

I also am a dense person. I probably weight 20lbs more than I look because of bone structure and muscle.

Yeah, I wasn't looking the 110 category either. :lol:

I am a smaller boned person with narrow shoulders and narrow hips. I forget that a woman my same height with a bigger frame and more muscle can easily weigh 15 pounds more than me and look fabulous. That is one reason I like this site - just being able to really look and see. I know some probably are not honest, but it is still helpful.

It is inspiring both to work out and firm up, and also inspiring to cultivate an acceptance and love of my own body and other women's. I sort of wish it gave the age of the woman, though, and that there were more older women represented. I don't see many my mother's age.

That was interesting.

I've had the mindset that I need to lose 100 lbs.

Honestly, from looking at the pictures, I can see that I would be happy if I lost 45 lbs., which sounds a lot more possible.

I think maybe that's really good news.

Thanks for posting the link.

Very interesting. Everyone in my category looked smaller than I do, though. Hmmmm....

This one, though, looks very similar though. My arms aren't quite as muscular -- yet!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-20887-body-shape.htm#img

Of course the photo doesn't show cellulite, so I cannot be sure. LOL

Did you read how 95%(or so) of women overestimate their size? Maybe your just not as big as you think :)

I see photos! I'm always shocked. Honestly, I think I underestimate my size. :glare:

In the photo you linked that women is no where near overweight, she looks nice and curvy. I bet you look lovely. We are our own worst critic.

I am a smaller boned person with narrow shoulders and narrow hips. I forget that a woman my same height with a bigger frame and more muscle can easily weigh 15 pounds more than me and look fabulous.

Or the opposite (in my case) is true... I can weigh what my friend of the same height but bigger bone structure weighs, and look nasty. :lol: She looks great and I look like someone taped a bunch of jumbo marshmallows on an asparagus :blink:

Or the opposite (in my case) is true... I can weigh what my friend of the same height but bigger bone structure weighs, and look nasty. :lol: She looks great and I look like someone taped a bunch of jumbo marshmallows on an asparagus :blink:

That's how I am. Smaller frames don't easily hide extra weight.

Yeah. I weigh 100 lbs less than someone who is ONE pant size larger than I am and about the same height. I know there are variations in clothing size and weight distribution varies (She has much more of a bustline.), but...

Apparently I am unique. There are no pictures that match my body. I changed the weight, still no hits.

I haven't found a close match either. Some of the women in my group -- let's just say I wish I look like that. I was very honest too. I'm just overall thicker than the photos, but I have a small frame, so perhaps these people have a larger frame with less stuff on it. ;)

I totally agree. My dd will probably wind up weighing significantly more than me, but have a fabulous figure. She actually isn't tremendously far from my weight right now at 10 1/2, but she is a stick. She's just very muscular. My sdd is the same way. She is 4 inches shorter than me, but can still look pretty darn good weighing 20 pounds heavier than me.

Lisa