Menu

Prayers or good thoughts: bunk bed accident

This prayer request just came through our prayer chain at church from one of our long-time members. Her 12-year old daughter is struggling for her life after a bunk-bed accident. This request has really touched my heart and I felt led to pass it on. The mother requests prayers and good thoughts.

Here is the blog link: http://goofyj.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/and-the-world-crashes/

Oh my word, one of my worst nightmares. My kids like to make hammocks suspending sheets from the bottom of the top bunk and climbing in. I am forever chastising them for it saying they could get tangled and strangled, and then feeling like an overprotective mom being so mean.

Praying right now for that little girl.

Our family will be praying for Liz! I will continue to keep her and her family uplifted in my prayers that God may have mercy and give the family peace and comfort. I can't imagine :crying:

:iagree: This has got to be so hard for them.

Oh my word, one of my worst nightmares. My kids like to make hammocks suspending sheets from the bottom of the top bunk and climbing in. I am forever chastising them for it saying they could get tangled and strangled, and then feeling like an overprotective mom being so mean.

Praying right now for that little girl.

Same here. I am SO worried that I'm going to walk in to a room and find a child struggling like this or worse. I am constantly calling to my kids in other rooms of the house just to make sure. I SO hope they can save this little girl.

My heart is breaking. This was posted just a few minutes ago by Liz's mom on Facebook:

Elizabeth was called home to her Heavenly Father early this morning. She felt no pain and went quickly... We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and they have been felt.

My heart is breaking. This was posted just a few minutes ago by Liz's mom on Facebook:

Elizabeth was called home to her Heavenly Father early this morning. She felt no pain and went quickly... We thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and they have been felt.

:crying: I will continue to pray for their family.:crying:

OMG. This just kills me. Honestly, life can be snatched from us so quickly. Playing and BOOM It's over. It's so hard to know where to draw the lines with our kids. This thought went through my head yesterday afternoon when my monkey 7 yr old had climbed the neighbor's basketball thing and was hanging from the hoop. Over the driveway. I didn't say anything. And DH agreed with me. She is ALWAYS climbing stuff. It is SO hard to NOT be a helicopter mom.

I will be praying for this family. My heart is breaking for them. :crying: