Menu

A woman from my neighborhood was murdered today . . . . .

Taking out the links because the national media is going around looking for anyone who has posted anything on line and quoting them out of context.

This is a woman in my neighborhood. Dh is out at a candlelight vigil for her right now. I am home sick and I am a little freaked out. Crimes like this don't happen in my area. I don't remember the last murder we had in my town.

This couple is VERY involved in our town. My dh has worked with her husband on our local Little League board.

I want to know what happened. And, I'm incredibly sad for her family. I mean, we KNOW them.

Edited by Jennifer in MI

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/wayne_county/police-investigating-apparent-murder-of-grosse-pointe-woman-found-in-back-seat-of-her-mercedes-benz

This is a woman in my neighborhood. Dh is out at a candlelight vigil for her right now. I am home sick and I am a little freaked out. Crimes like this don't happen in my area. I don't remember the last murder we had in my town.

This couple is VERY involved in our town. My dh has worked with her husband on our local Little League board.

I want to know what happened. And, I'm incredibly sad for her family. I mean, we KNOW them.

:grouphug::grouphug: Somebody from my old church was murdered on Sunday. We worked in the children's program together. Upstanding model citizen murdered in his bed in the best neighborhood. It is absolutely shocking that stuff like this happens.

Thanks all! I'm sad that this happens anywhere, but when it hits this close to home, it shakes a person up!

Jennifer,

So sorry to hear this. I, too, can't believe this happened in your area. That is one area where crime seemingly does not exist.

I know! One of the reasons we moved here was the crime was so low. Neighborhoods were safe. I still feel that way because so far there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the actual crime happened in my town. She was probably murdered in Detroit. So, I still feel very safe in my house.

How awful and frightening. I know how hard it is to deal with as an adult, even more so for our kids. I have to keep my dd away from the evening news reports and the newspaper because it frightens her to think that people can come into your own home and hurt you. Hearing about acts of violence really triggers her anxiety.

How scarey it is when it is close to home and someone you know.

Praying for the family and I hope that you and your family are doing ok too.

I'm so sorry, Jennifer. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: The article named the streets near where she was found - was that an unsafe area?

(I'm going back to read the thread now; you may have already answered my question. Just wanted to give you a hug first.)

She was found in Detroit in an area known for drug use.

It sounds like she got home and left the house soon after.

I wonder if someone she knows called her for help...and she went to rescue him/her and got caught up in a bad situation.

Poor lady.

Yea. She made it home. Nobody knows where she went after that. There was no sign of forced entry or a struggle near her house. I just can't imagine her family and what they are thinking right now. Her husband and daughter went to the vigil last night and they were a mess.

I'm so sorry, Jennifer :grouphug:.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry for everyone. Has there been an update?

Grosse Pointe's Public Safety Chief said the husband is a 'person of interest'. Detroit Police, who are also involved in the investigation due to where she was found, are calling the husband a 'suspect'. :(

http://www.freep.com/article/20120128/NEWS02/201280438/Husband-is-person-of-interest-in-wife-s-slaying-Grosse-Pointe-Park-police-say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

The spouse is always a person of interest.... if they are going to start pointing fingers at him in the press I hope they have very good evidence to back it up. Otherwise they just look desperate.

"Police tell 7 Action News that the husband of a murdered Grosse Pointe Park woman is a person of interest in the case and sources now say that he failed a polygraph exam administered late Friday."

(quote from wxyz.com news article)

:( Apparently they do at least have a little.

Edited by SCGS

"Police tell 7 Action News that the husband of a murdered Grosse Pointe Park woman is a person of interest in the case and sources now say that he failed a polygraph exam administered late Friday.

:( Apparently they do at least have a little.

This is just SO sad. I don't believe for ONE second he did it. Not at ALL! People in my community are getting phone calls and all from Nancy Grace and a bunch of other tv shows. I am just sick. Literally sick to my stomach about this. I really do feel like he's been tried and found guilty by the press.

And, failed polygraph tests are not admissible in court. Heck, I'd fail a polygraph too. I'd be so nervous.

This is doing horrible things to our community. Some believe that he's guilty. Of course, they don't know him. One of my friends actually said to me that she heard that he passed a bad check once and seemed like a shady character. That meant he was guilty to her. WHAT? Nope. I refuse to believe he did this.

And, I've heard that he is a "person of interest" because he didn't have an alibi between 4 and 8. He was working at one of their rental properties.

My understanding is that numb, shocked people can fail polygraphs -- they're not supposed to be full proof.

Did you hear about the true case where the ex wife made it appear as if she'd been attacked and almost killed -- and fully blamed it on her ex. It was a custody battle case.

He almost spent decades in prison, but thankfully he had purchased a soda at a small shop and they had a record of it. Proving that he didn't have time to attack her.

To this day, he tends to want proof of everywhere he's been because of this situation. He ended up getting full custody.

I'm so sorry for everyone involved. I can't stop thinking about this poor woman.

Alley

This is just SO sad. I don't believe for ONE second he did it. Not at ALL! People in my community are getting phone calls and all from Nancy Grace and a bunch of other tv shows. I am just sick. Literally sick to my stomach about this. I really do feel like he's been tried and found guilty by the press.

And, failed polygraph tests are not admissible in court. Heck, I'd fail a polygraph too. I'd be so nervous.

This is doing horrible things to our community. Some believe that he's guilty. Of course, they don't know him. One of my friends actually said to me that she heard that he passed a bad check once and seemed like a shady character. That meant he was guilty to her. WHAT? Nope. I refuse to believe he did this.

And, I've heard that he is a "person of interest" because he didn't have an alibi between 4 and 8. He was working at one of their rental properties.

It must be an absolute zoo in your neighborhood. Again, I'm just so sorry!

I've been following it since I read the article you first linked it and noticed that about the press as well.

I would hate to be polygraphed. I have the kind of hyper conscience that makes me look and feel guilty even when I'm telling the truth. I didn't actually realize they still did that.

Honestly, I can understand why everyone that doesn't know him is thinking he looks guilty but I've been wondering if there is any chance that someone would want to set him up. I guess if there was he would have mentioned it.

It must be an absolute zoo in your neighborhood. Again, I'm just so sorry!

It really is. I'm just SO sad for their family. I didn't know her kids, but can you imagine what they are going through right now?

But yes. News trucks all over the place. I can only imagine what a zoo the funeral will be. I'm so glad we're leaving town tomorrow night.

I've been following it since I read the article you first linked it and noticed that about the press as well.

I would hate to be polygraphed. I have the kind of hyper conscience that makes me look and feel guilty even when I'm telling the truth. I didn't actually realize they still did that.

Honestly, I can understand why everyone that doesn't know him is thinking he looks guilty but I've been wondering if there is any chance that someone would want to set him up. I guess if there was he would have mentioned it.

I'm the same way! I would always be second guessing my answers - even if I told the truth. And, I know they're looking at heart rate and all, so mine would increase becasue I'm nervous!

I, too, can understand why people think he's guilty. How many times have I seen a news story and heard the husband was a person of interest? I tell you. I never will again!