Menu

Majorly Off-Topic Brag

Thank y'all so much. I went to bed after posting as it was an exhausting, emotional day.

I'm so happy we can finally tell the children the plan.

I had mentioned in other posts about changing the kids' names for what I thought were very good reasons (esp the one boy who has one of THE most popular girl's names). We have rethought that. Each child is keeping the name they've been called all their lives. The boys are getting new middle names. One boy is getting a new spelling of his first name. The other is likely going to be called A.J. (something we've been playing with and he likes). The little girl is getting a formal first name, probably only to be used by Mama (well, and likely by substitute teachers).

As of this moment, only the oldest knows as the door was opened for discussion so I took it. It was funny. I told her that the grown-ups have a lot of paperwork to do so it'll take a few months. She asked if Kimberly (my 19yo) could do the paperwork. Wonder why she thinks it'd be faster if Kimber did it? LOL

My big kids are excited. We really are already family. We are just waiting for a little piece of paper and to get rid of CPS :)