• ABeka
    • Horizons
    • Bob Jones University
    • Singapore
    • Math Mammoth
    • Teaching Textbooks
    • Miquon
    • Other

Maybe you should make a poll. (ETA: I see that you now have, LOL!) We use Math Mammoth.

Others use:

Singapore

Horizons

CLE

Saxon

Teaching Textbooks

Math in Focus

Abeka

MEP

Miquon

Right Start

EPGY

CSMP

BJU

McRuffy

Jump Math

Math on the Level

Math U See

Rod & Staff

Life of Fred

School Mathematics Study Group (free downloads)

and certainly there are others. If you want to talk post-elementary math, that would be an entirely different list ;)

I voted other because the main program for my oldest is not the same as the main program for my younger two.

My oldest is using TT and supplementing with MM and Math Detective.

My middle ds is using McRuffy as his main math and supplementing with LOF.

My youngest is using McRuffy and waldorf math. For the waldorf part so far we've used lessons from Oak Meadow, but we'll be exploring ALGF and Dorothy Harrer's book in order to get enough lessons for the whole year.

Edited by crstarlette

"Jumping" in here to rave about JUMP Math, a program developed here in Canada that seems similar to Math Mammoth, but not exactly alike. I love the workbooks, and everything BUT the workbooks is free on their website, including lesson plans and other support materials.

I also love the fact that it's a nonprofit organization created to help kids so my money isn't just going to a huge faceless corporation. They started as a tutoring company, and created the program to build kids' confidence and help discouraged kids who'd been told they weren't good at math.

The only things I have seen that wouldn't apply to kids in the US is that the money shown in the workbooks is Canadian, and the measurements are metric. That's about 1% of the curriculum so far, or less. I would still heartily recommend their program as almost ideal for a homeschool setting.

So there you go - that's my "Other." :-)))