Menu

Thoughts on this name?

I like Liberty (nn Libby?), but I think pairing it with Justice is overkill. Jane. Liberty Jane. Oh...I know why I thought that. I know someone who used those names together. But with Nora as a first name and then Jane and Liberty as her two middle names.

I like both individually, but I think together they're a bit much. And really, who needs the pledge as part of her name? ;)

Liberty Jeanette

Liberty Juliette

Liberty Jenna

Liberty Josephine

Liberty Jane

Liberty Juliana

Hmm, running out of J names. I think either a one-syllable or a three-syllable name sounds best with Liberty and Goodwin. :001_smile:

I like Libby and Justice, but not together.

If you need a "J" name for the middle name how about one of these:

Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy-Anna, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordan, or Josie?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry. When you said you wanted a "J" name it was all I could think of. :001_smile:

p.s. - I did have to look all of those names up.

I like Liberty. At my first job ever I met a very nice young lady named Liberty, and I thought her name was great. A word middle name is overkill, though. A middle name may not be commonly used, but I wouldn't really want people to giggle when they found out.

Liberty Justine has a lot of the same sound without doing the "two words" thing.

You could also try Liberty Juliet, Liberty Joan, Liberty Joanne, Liberty Jacqueline, or Liberty Josephine.

By the way, this isn't for the current baby we are awaiting, her name will be Savannah Juliet. This is for a hypothetical 4th girl.

Can't use:

Jade

Joy

Juliet

Janelle

Jean

Jennifer

June

Loralei Jenna

Yes, I know it's not Liberty, but it just popped into my head. :001_smile:

I have a "values" name. I wouldn't. The jokes get really, really old. :glare: I REALLY wouldn't with the middle name combo. Especially since your other children aren't named similarly. Liberty is cute but I don't think I would.

:iagree:

First thing I thought of was how the Puritans all named their kids after virtues.

I'm so sorry, but I don't like it at all.

I agree it sounds like a good name for a horse or other animal. Not to be mean...

I will say Justina is my mom's name, and I've always thought it pretty, but to me, it's a harsh name--not in the way it sounds (I think it's sonorous), but in the way it stands for untempered justice.

Lorelai has been on our short list (along with Liberty and Trinity).

I like the way you spelled it better. I just made that up.

Trinity immediately brings to mind The Matrix. Love it though (so that's kind of too bad).

How about "Jae" for the middle name?

That is Littlest's middle name because I wanted to use my maiden name (starts with a J and a common female name) but DH didn't like it. So then I suggested just "J", as in the single letter. He agreed but only if we spelled it out, hence the "Jae". We spelled it with an "e" instead of a "y" b/c I thought it more feminine and my middle name is "Rae" with an "e". Now I love the name "Jae" for a girl, even though Littlest goes by her first name (which I love, too).

I of course Love it :D We have a Liberty, she goes by Libby most of the time though. Her middle name is Justine. We never even thought about the name until she was born 3 weeks before her due date on July 4th.

ETA: I do think Liberty Justice is too much though, dh thought of that for her middle name then but i thought it was too much together so we went with Justine.

I'm not generally a fan of virtue names. I think Libby is an adorable nickname though, and paired with Josephine or Johanna she could go by Libby Jo. How cute!

I wouldn't go with Liberty Justice. It's just too much, IMO. Then again, I once suggested Rain as a middle name to someone on this board considering November for a first name, and I'm sure a lot of people would find that completely obnoxious. I really like it though.

I of course Love it :D We have a Liberty, she goes by Libby most of the time though. Her middle name is Justine. We never even thought about the name until she was born 3 weeks before her due date on July 4th.

ETA: I do think Liberty Justice is too much though, dh thought of that for her middle name then but i thought it was too much together so we went with Justine.

You and I must be on the same wave lengths name wise, cause I swear I thought up Justine as a middle name before seeing your posts.

Then again, I have a Piper and want a Dakota as a girl's name next. :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, agreeing with everyone else here: one or the other, but not both.

Liberty Josephine

Liberty Jasmine

Liberty Jemima

Liberty Joelle

Liberty Jillian

Liberty Johanna

Liberty Jonina

Liberty Joy

... even Liberty Justine.

But Liberty Justice? I think she won't be fond of it.

I have a Liberty too... born on the 4th of July :)