Menu

Pick your battles!

Hi!

I just had to share this! My sister sent me this link. By the title "and that's why you should learn to pick your battles", I thought it was about child-rearing. I mean, really, what else could it be?!

http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

Small disclaimer: the blog has a curse word in it. The rest of it is great though!

LMK

A friend of mine posted this on fb the other day and it made me laugh. Then dh and I were driving and what is being sold on the side of the road?? Those exact chickens! :lol::lol::lol:

I had to tell my hubby about the post, although I don't think he quite saw the humor in it :lol:

Ha! That was hilarious! The funny thing is my pastor and his wife have one of these things on their front lawn! They live in a not-as-nice section of town, whereas we have the misfortune to live in a snootier area, with a homeowners association and neighbors who don't love the fact that we have 8 kids and a trampoline. Whenever our neighbors give us grief, dh and I joke about bringing over the huge metal chicken and putting it in our front yard. Now clearly I see that we need to put it on our neighbors' front stoop, ring the doorbell, and hide around the corner! SUCH a funny picture!

Ha! That was hilarious! The funny thing is my pastor and his wife have one of these things on their front lawn! They live in a not-as-nice section of town, whereas we have the misfortune to live in a snootier area, with a homeowners association and neighbors who don't love the fact that we have 8 kids and a trampoline. Whenever our neighbors give us grief, dh and I joke about bringing over the huge metal chicken and putting it in our front yard. Now clearly I see that we need to put it on our neighbors' front stoop, ring the doorbell, and hide around the corner! SUCH a funny picture!

Perfect solution! Of course! :)

:lol: That is awesome. It reminds me of the time I tied all of my husbands socks into a long chain because he'd thrown a temper tantrum (for lack of a more accurate phrase) about how I'd rolled them together. (He's not normally dense, but when he has his moments, they are epic)

Thanks for the link. What a hoot!! Almost snorted coke out of my nose (coca cola, not the other kind).

You'd be doing something very wrong if you were snorting the other coke out of your nose. :D

Minus spending $100 on that my husband would have CRACKED up! I can't wait til he gets home to share it with him. I'm thinking he might have the idea of sticking that thing right in the middle of our yard as a gesture to our HOA that is hounding us because our grass is being stubborn about showing up this year.

I'm still giggling about this today. I busted up laughing just thinking about the photo of it and the door and imagining what fun I could have with a giant metal chicken of my own. I could tuck it into bed next to my sleeping husband...or put it in the shower to surprise unsuspecting bathers...or....

I guess it's good that my husband has banned giant metal chickens from the house! :tongue_smilie: He prefers towels. :)

• 1 year later...

I'm resurrecting this old thread because I just realized that the book I'm currently reading (Let's Pretend This Never Happened) is by this blogger! I'm a little over halfway in her book & am finding it hilarious (to the point that my outbursts of laughing are making my family eye me warily). Her book was also just voted best humor book over on Goodreads Best Books of 2012.

Thought some of you might enjoy it!

Oh! I have tears! That was so funny.

At my house dh buys the new towels, so I couldn't really relate to that. He also bought the giant carved salmon, with a saddle on it,420451_4266046282086_375515906_n.jpg which sits on our front porch, so I really can't relate at all to the story. But it was still great.

Oh! I have tears! That was so funny.

At my house dh buys the new towels, so I couldn't really relate to that. He also bought the giant carved salmon, with a saddle on it, which sits on our front porch, so I really can't relate at all to the story. But it was still great.

Wow, both you & the view are gorgeous!

Love the salmon.

Maybe your dh should read the book. Sounds like he could relate to the author! http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/lol.gif (Watch out for giant metal chickens ringing your doorbell!)

Wow, both you & the view are gorgeous!

Love the salmon.

Maybe your dh should read the book. Sounds like he could relate to the author! :lol: (Watch out for giant metal chickens ringing your doorbell!)

Stacia-

I'll take the compliment about the view, but the person on the fish is not me! I just knew she had a picture of it on her FB!

Thanks,

Shannon