Menu

I found a way to de-stress and I'm going to SPLURGE on it!

I'm dealing with a lot of heavy family stuff right now and the stress has been pretty unrelenting. I sat down and colored with my kids yesterday. The stress just started melting away.

SO, I'm going to go buy my very-own-box of Crayola 64 crayons and a brand new coloring book. I can't believe how excited I am to go to the store :D.

I'm dealing with a lot of heavy family stuff right now and the stress has been pretty unrelenting. I sat down and colored with my kids yesterday. The stress just started melting away.

SO, I'm going to go buy my very-own-box of Crayola 64 crayons and a brand new coloring book. I can't believe how excited I am to go to the store :D.

Sometimes it it is just THAT easy!:)

Awesome. Are you going to painstakingly outline each segment before coloring in the centers? That's what I used to do. :tongue_smilie:

Whatcha gonna get? Barbie? Fairies? Princesses? Animals?

Haha, me too! My oldest is very calm when he's coloring but he likes to burn through the $12.00 historical coloring books like a crazy person and that is expensive!

:hurray:

I should do that too. I love coloring!

And, :iagree:....you need your own box of crayons.

One of these is nice to have too.

Awesome. Are you going to painstakingly outline each segment before coloring in the centers? That's what I used to do. :tongue_smilie:

Whatcha gonna get? Barbie? Fairies? Princesses? Animals?

:iagree:

That's the only way to go, in my opinion. :D

Haha, me too! My oldest is very calm when he's coloring but he likes to burn through the $12.00 historical coloring books like a crazy person and that is expensive!

My boys prefer the pricey coloring books, too (specifically, it seems, the ones that I purchase to correlate with our studies, so I have planned on them lasting for a year or whatever). I get the Dover ones from RR for about four bucks a piece though, so I usually order several of those when I place a RR order.

I like to go back through after they have completed a coloring book and 'fix' the pictures that they colored but didn't tear out. I color inside the lines and make them nice and neat looking.

:grouphug: My kids don't use crayons anymore, and man do I miss back to school shopping for crayons. You enjoy yourself.:D

I LOVE coloring just as much my as my kids do! I think I inherited it from my dad. Sometimes when we go over to my parents', my dad, my kids, and I will all sit at the table and color together. I've downloaded all kinds of cool things to color from the internet -- you can find all kinds of beautiful mandalas, geometric patterns, etc. The Dover sampler newsletters often have freebies you can print out.

What I don't have is a nice, big box of crayons. I just use the huge container of odds and ends crayons we've collected from over the years. I think I'll splurge on a nice box for myself when school supplies go on sale!

Kim

:grouphug:

Before kids, detailed coloring books and boxes of nice colored pencils got me and my friend/new roommate through the individual rough patches that led to us moving in together. We were a little embarrassed that we were coloring as young adults, but it was so relaxing and pulled us out of the stress for a little while.

Hmmm....wonder if there any good coloring books around here....?

Sorry things are rough.

Cat

Good deal. I'd still need my vino alongside, though.:D

p126563b.jpg

Here...these are better. :D

I went for it! They were only $1 more than 64. Why not live a little? I also bought a Princess Charming coloring book for $1. The pictures are actually quite detailed and pretty and I can see myself having fun making a goth princess along with your general girly-girl princesses :D.

Good deal. I'd still need my vino alongside, though.:D

While I like the occasional glass of Merlot, I'm more of a beer girl. My husband is picking up some Stella Artois :001_smile:.

I encourage you all to go spend $5 on crayons and a coloring book. We should start up a Coloring Bee, like the old fashioned Quilting Bees. I'll make snacks and it'll be BYOB.

There was a table in my law school's lounge that was always supplied with coloring books and crayons (I still don't know who provided them). I found that amusing at orientation, but I soon learned how popular that table was. Especially around finals.

I've been using Mandala coloring books for several years now. It's a great stress relief.

ITA, a dear friend of mine went through a 12 step program for drug addiction many years ago. This program told them to color! We used to by him crayons and coloring books all the time. :) (He's still clean 20 years later-I don't know if it was because of the coloring though.)

Thanks to this thread I just ordered 2 new Dover coloring books for myself :lol:

DH will probably be all :001_huh: :confused: when they get here though. I'm justifying it as a nice, calming activity to help me relax and focus pre-baby and as something nice that I can snuggle up and do with DS in the immediate postpartum period.

hahahaha

I thought I was the only one with that secret passtime!

Even DH doesn't know how much I like colouring. Its very sad lol. But once I have finished a very detailed picture, and its all pretty and coloured, I sit there ooohing at it :lol: Kids think I'm mad, colouring doesn't really interest them, even DD5 just scribbles at anything to colour in, she prefers worksheets :001_huh:

That's awesome! I used to carry a coloring book & crayons in my bag when I was in highschool (I know, I'm wierd). I found it very relaxing to color when there wasn't anything else to do but wait fo the bell to ring. Whoever said coloring is for kids is totally wrong! Have fun and go de stress!