Menu

"Honestly mom!!! I didn't mean to set Will's (brother) butt on fire!!!!"

Yes. These were words actually uttered to me tonight by my 15 yo! I looked outside and saw my 10 yo's rear end ON FIRE!!!! He had read how the stunt men did it and he had the chemicals on hand. So, he set our slide on fire and had the 10 yo go down. Yes. He did.

10 yo had NO idea his butt was on fire. Ds' friends started screaming for him to sit down. He did. All was fine. You can't even tell his butt was on fire from looking at his pants.

I saw it all happen from the kitchen window (all except the flaming slide - I can't see that from the window).

I think we need to have NO more matches/chemicals in the house!!!!

OK - I would become apocalyptic on that one! :svengo: I'm so glad that your 10 year old is ok.

Yea. I called him in and had quite the talk with him. He was VERY apologetic. Good!!! I don't know how I'll ever get that image of ds's butt on fire though!!!

:grouphug:

BUt I am laughing out loud that it did not happen in my house!

Yeah. I wish it hadn't happened here. This is my most trustworthy child too! Guess there's no leaving him alone with friends over!!!

I know! I'm torn between :lol: and :glare:.

I think I cannot let ds know that inside I'm :lol:

I think that's the hardest part of parenting boys sometimes....keeping the :lol: inside so that they actually grow up into semi-civilized human beings.

Oh wow! I'm so glad your son is ok. I confess, I can't stop laughing here. My husband wants to know what your son thought was supposed to happen when the 10 yo slid down the burning slide!

This is so going to be one of those family stories you tell at every single family gathering for all time! :lol:

EEK!!! :svengo:

I can so see my son doing that to my daughter someday. Gah.

Just make sure there's water nearby!

I think that's the hardest part of parenting boys sometimes....keeping the :lol: inside so that they actually grow up into semi-civilized human beings.

Yup!!! :001_smile::lol::glare:

You know that board member who posts hilarious things her children say all year? You win!

Woohoo!!! I'm famous! And, yes, this will make it into our Christmas letter!

Kids........

I know. They're killing me!

Oh wow! I'm so glad your son is ok. I confess, I can't stop laughing here. My husband wants to know what your son thought was supposed to happen when the 10 yo slid down the burning slide!

This is so going to be one of those family stories you tell at every single family gathering for all time! :lol:

My 15 yo thought he would go down and not set himself on fire. Believe it or not - he went down twice before that happened!!!! Ack!!! I SAW him going down the slide! I had no idea it was on FIRE!!!!!!!

And, yes. Now that it's all turned out okay, it WILL be a story we tell and re-tell!!!

Sorry, but that is too funny. Only b/c I have boys, and that is exactly what they would do.

No harm - no foul??

I'm SO torn! Yes, funny. Now that everything is okay! But, if it hadn't been . . . . .

For now, I'm choosing to laugh. In front of him, I'm still angry.

:lol: :grouphug: :lol: :grouphug:

Yeah, but their father's can see the twinkle in our eyes and still do it.

So glad your 10 yo is fine.

I read this out loud to the kids (it was too good not to ;)) and my 12 yo son had two things to say: "aww, man, why does he have to live so far away?" and, "I need to find out how he did it" Yep, sounds right up his alley :lol:

That is much funnier than what I thought was going to be the cause--I thought for sure you were going to say that they were trying to light their farts on fire. :lol: It's stories like these that make me ever so grateful that I only have one son. My friend with 4 boys and no girls has WAY more to look forward to than me.;)

I was going to have my dss read this thread but then realized that my 10yo would take it as a challenge to see if he couldn't replicate a flaming slide (using one of his unsuspecting little sisters as the guinea pig, of course). Ah, boys.

Glad your son is OK and sighing with relief that I wasn't the original poster with this incident...yet. The time will come, I'm sure.

Am I the only one that double checked who the OP was? I thought for sure it was Faith...:lol:
:lol:

So, how much trouble is ds15 in?

ETA - Not to put a downer on the funniness of this, because it is kind of funny since everyone is all right, but my father's sister died after several days after being in the hospital from severe burns when she was 6 years old after she was allowed to "play with" the older boys' lighter. Dad harbors serious guilt to this day.

Edited by LauraGB

Thank you God for giving me daughters.

Thank you... and if you give me one more, can it PLEASE be a daughter again?

:D

Your boys sound like a lot of fun, but boy (no pun intended LOL), would the energy put in such mischief and such scenes creep me out.

:lol::lol:

My dd16 says over my shoulder, "I wanna know how he did it! I wanna light Milo on fire!"

Thanks for sharing!!!!:lol::tongue_smilie::lol:

:lol::lol:

Don't tell my twins or they would do this to their younger brothers!!!! But then again, they are pyromaniacs and just plain crazy too....

:blink:

Thank you... and if you give me one more, can it PLEASE be a daughter again?

:D

Your boys sound like a lot of fun, but boy (no pun intended LOL), would the energy put in such mischief and such scenes creep me out.

Um, my Dd is just as crazy as her twin brother (and he is totally crazy)!!!!!! She is usually right in the midst with him when there is a catastrophe happening.

Um, my Dd is just as crazy as her twin brother (and he is totally crazy)!!!!!! She is usually right in the midst with him when there is a catastrophe happening.

Oh, but that's just regular sibling (especially twin) dynamics. She is influenced LOL.

I am joking of course :), of course that girls can be full of energy and mischief too and boys can be very calm, but my girls did grow up a bit "aside" from the whole boy culture thing, and the type of energy and "propensity for mischief" that we usually link to boys. (Not absolutely isolated from the opposite gender, but maybe without such a close touch and contact. At some point in their childhood the kids' friendships became "naturally" quite gender-segregated, and now when they are older and will be rediscovering the other half of humanity we (as parents) plan on being "aware" of "too close" friendships yet. So in a way, boys are a bit of a foreign world to them LOL.)

That is much funnier than what I thought was going to be the cause--I thought for sure you were going to say that they were trying to light their farts on fire. :lol:

My cousins did this until they had an unfortunate incident and I also thought that this was what the OP was going to say.

:lol:

So, how much trouble is ds15 in?

ETA - Not to put a downer on the funniness of this, because it is kind of funny since everyone is all right, but my father's sister died after several days after being in the hospital from severe burns when she was 6 years old after she was allowed to "play with" the older boys' lighter. Dad harbors serious guilt to this day.

That's so sad. There by the grace of God go I.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but that had me laughing so hard that my boys came in because they thought something was wrong only to find me laughing! Glad your younger son is okay. FWIW, I am the youngest of six kids and the three just older than me were boys. I was often the guinea pig. My next oldest brother has apologized to me in adulthood. I can totally see something like this having happened in our house!

:svengo:

but really......:lol::lol::lol: I have two boys. I understand.

I'm still questioning dh's intelligence, REGARDLESS of what I thought I knew. I mean he DID leave the blow torch in the bathroom right next to ds15's room. WHY ON EARTH would he do that? Oh well, at least we can replace the tile floor with the scorch mark. I hate tile anyway. And really, that scorch mark on the porcelain tub will be all the more excuse to have the tub refinished sooner than later. It really could have waited longer but.......................:lol: