Menu

You are invited to my virtual open house

I love it!!!! Did you guys do it yourselves or did you hire it out? I can't wait to redo ours. We replaced all the carpet in our house (except for bedrooms) with wood and tile flooring, we added a sunroom to the back of our house, and just replaced our old front door. Next up is a kitchen remodel, but I'm not sure when that will be. I can't wait though!!

Warm from the oven! Chocolate chip and snickerdoodle!

This is the kitchen that previously had 6' (on a good day!) of counter space. I was kinda bummed we couldn't afford something higer end for the counters but I'll take the space over material any day!

We had a house fire a year ago in Oct so we hired a lot out. The kitchen was totally done by contractors (except the problem with the coutner my dh replaced himself and painting- oh, and the kids and I did ALL of the trim staining ourselves- hundreds of yards of it!). After the fire the kitchen was GONE, leaving an 18' hole in the house! Amazing isn't it?

Edited by laughing lioness

Hmmmph. Diet buddies are not allowed to comment on my virtual consumption of sweets!:D

Now, now. You know how one thing leads to another! It's a slippery slope! You know -- first you kiss someone and the next thing you know you have 4 kids. Like that. It all starts with thinking about K words.

Edited by RoughCollie

Beautiful! Your drawer pulls and your counters look exactly like mine. Did you use Wilsonart HD by any chance?

I really wish I could come in person. It looks so inviting. One question though....where's the food? I need something to nibble on!

Becky, I don't know what brand our hardware is! We went through a local vendor (actually a good friend of ours was our salesperson) and we bought most of our wood through him as well. Do you love yours? I really love the pulls! and the knobs. I had originally picked handles and I changed to knobs last minute.

I think my kids (the locusts) took the food downstairs. But there's more! And it's all calorie free!

The counter tops are laminate. It was fairly inexpensive for how much space we covered.

My dh picked the color. I liked something with more contrast but my dh is mellow on the color/contrast man (he thinks ecru is really going out on a limb color wise!).

It picks up the colors from the darker and lighter wood really well.

The counter tops are laminate. It was fairly inexpensive for how much space we covered.

My dh picked the color. I liked something with more contrast but my dh is mellow on the color/contrast man (he thinks ecru is really going out on a limb color wise!). It picks up the colors from the darker and lighter wood really well.

This made me giggle....

Your kitchen is really nice. I like how functional it is---I've seen some HUGE kitchens lately that seem like they are too big to really be practical....oh and you did great spending your money on cabinets...you countertops are lovely but if you ever want to upgrade countertops that is easy...