Menu

In our Lego Advent calendar yesterday . . .

I would crack up if Indy got that. He has the Lego Kingdoms Advent calendar (it came out last year, but I found it this year on sale for about $9). It's medieval themed and 2 or 3 days ago he got a beer barrel and cup. My mom (who is visiting) was horrified, but we just took it in stride. That's what they drank.

Naked Santa though...that would be a bit hard to explain. I'd still laugh though.

What? :scared::w00t::001_huh::lol:

I'm glad I opted for the Playmobil ones this year. :lol:

This is the first time we purchased a toy advent calendar. If I had known about Santa (he also looks like he's wearing a speedo :blink:) I might not have purchased it! We got a good laugh out of it and ds exchanged his bottom half with a surfer minifig. So I guess we'll keep him out!

I would crack up if Indy got that. He has the Lego Kingdoms Advent calendar (it came out last year, but I found it this year on sale for about $9). It's medieval themed and 2 or 3 days ago he got a beer barrel and cup. My mom (who is visiting) was horrified, but we just took it in stride. That's what they drank.

Naked Santa though...that would be a bit hard to explain. I'd still laugh though.

We have the Kingdom calendar too. Our son had no idea what the barrel was for! I told him it was for cider but apparently my husband had already told him it was for root beer. :tongue_smilie:

Now a naked Santa, I don't know how I would begin to explain that one. Who wants to see Santa naked?!?

:lol::lol::lol:

We kept trying to decide who the heck he was supposed to be.

My kids decided it was NOT Santa. He's the grandfather spending Christmas with the family, taking a shower in the living room. With a red cap on. I still laugh every time I walk by the Lego calendar. So bizarre!

The mom and son are having a sword-bread fight, and the cat is skateboarding, with her helmet on, of course.

Cat

This must be the one ds has. DH bought in while in Germany this year though.

I recognize the beer and cup. There was also a pig and apple one day. The skeleton and handcuffs were a bit weird.

Hmm, we got the Kingdom one to. Might have to get the regular one next year! :lol:

I agree! We have the kingdoms one, but my kids would have found Santa in the shower hilarious.

In case anyone wants to see the santa: http://consumerist.com/2010/11/the-lego-advent-calendar----now-with-naked-showering-santa.html

I liked the comment at the end that said maybe he's not naked - he does look like he's wearing a black thong :lol:

I'm so glad someone posted a link. I thought about Googling and then figured that nothing good was going to come of Googling "naked santa" even with "lego" in front of it. :tongue_smilie:

In case anyone wants to see the santa: http://consumerist.com/2010/11/the-lego-advent-calendar----now-with-naked-showering-santa.html

I liked the comment at the end that said maybe he's not naked - he does look like he's wearing a black thong :lol:

The comments under the image are hilarious. Someone says Santa is not naked, he's had a full body scan by TSA. :lol::lol:

Exactly my thought-he looks like a normal northern European guy at the beach. Black speedo and all. Plus he does have his hat on... :lol:

Hee hee, we were not sure what to think, so we decided that grandpa was taking a shower. :001_huh::lol:At first, we even thought that the beard might be suds all around the guy. I can't wait to tell my boys that it is Santa taking a shower.:tongue_smilie::lol:We have really enjoyed this calendar.

I would crack up if Indy got that. He has the Lego Kingdoms Advent calendar (it came out last year, but I found it this year on sale for about $9). It's medieval themed and 2 or 3 days ago he got a beer barrel and cup.

One of my dc has the Playmobil pony Advent calendar. Behind today's little door was two piles of pony dung.

:D

ETA: I just showed my child the Santa photo... she thought it was sooo funny, and wondered where a naked Lego person could be bought, then said, "Although Santa is wearing underpants, or maybe that's a swimsuit, so I guess it really isn't a naked Lego person..."

Edited by TrixieB

Well, I am now quite sad we didn't get one this year.

Maybe I'll see if there are any in the clearance section after Christmas, and save it for next year

Lego has gotten enough of my $$ this year!

Well after looking it up, it seems the previous year ones are a lot pricier than the present one. :confused:

One of my dc has the Playmobil pony Advent calendar. Behind today's little door was two piles of pony dung.

ETA: I just showed my child the Santa photo... she thought it was sooo funny, and wondered where a naked Lego person could be bought, then said, "Although Santa is wearing underpants, or maybe that's a swimsuit, so I guess it really isn't a naked Lego person..."

ROFL - we got horse dung today too!

Really wishing for naked Santa though. Maybe Lego next year! :)

Well after looking it up, it seems the previous year ones are a lot pricier than the present one. :confused:

From what we've seen the advent calendars go fast and are a hot commodity. We lucked out finding it in a store here, but they were gone the next time we went.

Can't wait to show the boys "santa" though. I wonder what they'll think of that one. We got the Kingdoms calendar this year and DS said right away that they got a rootbeer barrel.:D

From what we've seen the advent calendars go fast and are a hot commodity. We lucked out finding it in a store here, but they were gone the next time we went.

:iagree: We got ours the weekend they came out at the Lego store. I had several friends who missed out on them and the online store sold out.

Bwahahaha! Oh I want the advent calendar now...

semi-naked-lego-santa.JPG

:lol:

Is it just me, or does it look to anyone else like Santa is a bit miffed that someone opened the door while he was in the shower and he's about to chunk that scrub brush at the offender's head?

I think it is something that is being lost in translation. One needs to remember that Lego is a Danish company, and that their Advent calendar is primarily a European product, not a US one (they sell a couple different versions over here every year, and you can buy them everywhere - even at drug stores).

Europeans don't bat an eye at "nudity" like this. I would have assumed it was a speedo. Although I'm wondering why Santa would be wearing a Speedo in the shower...

What day is this from?

a

I think it is something that is being lost in translation. One needs to remember that Lego is a Danish company, and that their Advent calendar is primarily a European product, not a US one (they sell a couple different versions over here every year, and you can buy them everywhere - even at drug stores).

Europeans don't bat an eye at "nudity" like this. I would have assumed it was a speedo. Although I'm wondering why Santa would be wearing a Speedo in the shower...

What day is this from?

a

I do agree. Generally speaking, Europeans don't constantly sexualize nudity the way Americans do.

:lol:

Is it just me, or does it look to anyone else like Santa is a bit miffed that someone opened the door while he was in the shower and he's about to chunk that scrub brush at the offender's head?

Bwahahahaha It looks like Santa is wearing a thong. Ewwww :tongue_smilie::lol:

To see the photo - if you are wondering what I'm talking about - click on Kirch above and it will take you to the photo on her post.

I do agree. Generally speaking, Europeans don't constantly sexualize nudity the way Americans do.

We're probably not as desensitized to nudity as some Europeans. A family we know took a trip to Paris and the Mom didn't like her teenage son seeing a lot of topless women walking around in public.

There are people that ride their bikes nude in Portland Oregon. I think that's just weird.

Generally speaking, Europeans don't constantly sexualize nudity the way Americans do.

I haven't really read anyone sexualizing Santa's nudity. I just don't want a hairy pot-bellied old guy stopping on his way around the world to use his portable shower in my living room . :D

Actually, I think naked Santa (or naked Grandpa, as my kids have decided, or naked elf, according to my friend's kids) is hysterically funny.

Cat

I am so glad for this post. My oldest son had unpacked naked Santa the other day. I didn't notice it and he says he wasn't sure what it was so just put it with the others. Then my middle son put together the shower, which he thought was a faucet so no one put two and two together until I just now placed Santa under the shower. Its histerical!