Menu

In our Lego Advent calendar yesterday . . .

Eww.

What were they thinking?

What's next, Mrs. Claus in fishnets?:tongue_smilie:

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

For some reason, this just cracked me up! And now, to go clean lunch off my keyboard....

I think it is something that is being lost in translation. One needs to remember that Lego is a Danish company, and that their Advent calendar is primarily a European product, not a US one (they sell a couple different versions over here every year, and you can buy them everywhere - even at drug stores).

Europeans don't bat an eye at "nudity" like this. I would have assumed it was a speedo. Although I'm wondering why Santa would be wearing a Speedo in the shower...

What day is this from?

a

And another thought - When we were in Spain (Catalunya) it was their tradition to have a little shepherd boy hiding behind the family creche "taking care of business!" One of our acquaintenances explained that it adds a little humor to the sacredness of the nativity. The playmobil pony dung, naked Santa, and the little shepherd boy who has to take care of his physical needs all seem to add a little humor to the sacredness of the season - which would be very common in Europe but not so much in the US. (I wish I had purchased one of those figures when we were there - although I don't think any of our friends here would quite understand why we would have bought him! (BTW, does anyone know the special name for this shepherd figure?)

My kids did not think naked Santa was funny and neither did I. So I wrote to Lego-they generally have great customer service. They have shipped us a "shiny new suit" so Santa can get dressed. They apologized and said that they were striving to be wholesome, educational and humorous.

My kids did not think naked Santa was funny and neither did I. So I wrote to Lego-they generally have great customer service. They have shipped us a "shiny new suit" so Santa can get dressed. They apologized and said that they were striving to be wholesome, educational and humorous.

Lego is such a great company.

So I know for next year, where can I buy the Lego and/or Playmobil advent calendar and what is the release date?

:)

We got our Lego calendar at a specialty toy shop on Black Friday they had them for $25. The same store had sold out of all their Playmobil calendars prior to that.

I would start checking online in the fall at the Lego site, playmobil site or Ridge Road Station (did I get that right??). Plymobil has one for girls that I always wait too long to get.

was Santa taking a shower - a naked Santa. I have never been more disturbed by a Lego Minifig. :tongue_smilie:

I have read absolutely NONE of the other posts, but I am so glad you posted this!!!! My 7yo son came in to the kitchen dying laughing, and told me as I was pouring my first cup of coffee, "Look it's naked Santa taking a bath!" He is a jokester, and I told him it was not, and to bring it to me. I analyzed the stupid thing for at least 5-minutes trying to figure out what else (anything else!) it could possibly be, and came to the conclusion that it was a naked Santa taking a bath :001_huh:. I thought it was just me! Why on earth was this included in the advent calendar????

Krista