Menu

What is your thermostat set at?

74 during the day and 70 at night. I would keep it lower at night but we don't have any heat (Hawaii). If it gets too cold overnight there is no way to warm the house back up except opening windows and the weather can be wet and cool this time of year.

62. I was feeling pretty cheap 'till I read about the person who keeps it at 60 daytime/56 nighttime - my hat's off to you! We wear long sleeves, pants, and socks, but just one layer.

Heehee. That's me. I gotta' say. I did this gradually. I kept decreasing it by one degree for a couple days. Then, I'd decrease it again. This is the lowest I could get it without complaints. I figure, it's winter!! We should be chilly and we should wear sweaters!

We've been keeping at 68 pretty much constantly, which is actually quite low for us. I'm actively trying to conserve this year for the first time. If I'm home alone or if the kids and I are moving around a lot, I'll turn it down to 65. When DH is home, he won't let it go lower than 68--maaaaybe 67. I can't really complain, because he's a tropical kind of guy and hates the cold. I, in turn, get mean and nasty and queasy in even moderate heat, so I'll be struggling to keep cool in here come June!

I'm cold-blooded and run around in fleece and wool socks. My kids run around in shorts and sweats - barefoot!

:lol: Here too! I was so worried about the kids being cold at night' date=' I bought DD7 these heavy fleece pajamas, and she's been complaining about sweating at night. Their rooms are the coldest in the house, too! During the day I'll be on the couch, bundled into a big blanket, and they'll be running around in their underwear playing beach party :rolleyes:

Wow! I feel cheap! We have ours set at 60. At night it goes down to 56. We wear layers - turtleneck and sweater or sweatshirt. If we're just sitting around, we'll throw on a blanket too.

I wish I could do this, but I feel so constricted in sweaters lately. I never used to feel that way, but now I feel like I'm being smothered! I'm weird, I know...

We keep it at 60 all the time. We're in Northern Vermont and it gets pretty frigid. But we have a woodstove that really heats up the house during the day. I've never kept the thermostat set this low before so I'm excited to see the difference in our electricity and oil use. I pretty much live in wool and layers, with my Ugg-imitation boots on all the time. I love it!! I try to see how long we can go before we turn on the heat and we actually got into the first week of December this year. It's my own personal game.

I must be easily amused.:)

Thermostat is set to 65 during the day, and 62 from 9pm-6am. But we have a nice fireplace that we burn in almost every day, and that keeps the first floor usually at about 67-68 during the day. (There's no other heat source in that room.) By 10pm I'm the only one awake, so I cover up, whether I'm in bed or not.

We have a 6 zone boiler heating system in our home. We keep the living/kitchen/dining zone at 66-68 throughout the day, 60 at night. Bedroom/bathroom zones are kept at 60 all the time. The other zones are essentially "off" (basement, laundry room, garage).

This system was installed a year before we bought our house. We absolutely love it and it saves us a ton of $$.

Our house is generally around 54 when I wake up in the morning and turn on the heat. If it gets over 62 we turn it back off. That only happens when the weather outside reaches the 40's. Most of the time we hover around 60 once the house heats up. We also only heat 3 rooms downstairs and the bedrooms upstairs. Going between the two is rather chilly.

Our reason is to save money - and it does that.

We wear long sleeved shirts covered with sweatshirts and have lap blankets for when we're just sitting around. I also am fortunate enough to have a lap cat that loves sitting with me. Occasionally someone else can snag one of the other cats.

Ideally I'd snowbird to Hawaii, but finances are rather limiting.

I would freeze to death in most of your houses LOL.

We keep ours at 72 day and night. I can't sleep if I'm cold. On our recent trip to my in-laws I actually cried myself to sleep the first night because I was so cold and couldn't sleep (When I get to tired I cry). They keep it at 66, and I was wearing sweat pants, a tshirt, sweatshirt and socks all while covered by 2 blankets and a comforter.

I was sure I would win the cheap award! It is at 66...up from 65 last year. But, that is in the warmest room of the house - my bedroom is like a meat locker - the heat doesn't make it back there.

I am ALWAYS freeeeezzzing though. I hate the cold!!! I would like to keep it higher, but our house is not ducted well and it would be on all the time. 2 years ago, our gas bill was almost $300.00...with it at like 68 or 69. And, this is in AZ!!!

Guest Alte Veste Academy

Because of the last thermostat thread, we went from 72 day and night to 68 day and night. I actually love it and the kids don't even notice, which surprises me. The electric bill is making me happy too!

Ours is 68 during the day, and 65 at night. I'm currently sitting here with jeans, socks, sweater, and 2 blankets on me while DH is in jeans and a t-shirt. I'm always the cold one in my house! My youngest parades around naked while I'm bundled up!