Menu

What's for Sunday lunch/dinner at your house today?

Yummy steak marinated in balsamic vinegar, with potatoes encrusted in kosher salt then baked (you brush the salt off after baking!), and salad with ranch and croutons--it's my ds' 20th birthday celebration, and everyone gets to pick what they want for dinner on their birthday at my house.

Oh, and the standard cake here for dessert--yellow with choc frosting!

Well, I'm pretty sure you won't go with our dinner. My sil worked her bulls yesterday and brought over some mountain oysters. I cleaned them last night and we're having them with mashed potatoes and green beans.

LOL! I'll have the mashed potatoes and green beans but pass on the oysters...

Well, I'm pretty sure you won't go with our dinner. My sil worked her bulls yesterday and brought over some mountain oysters. I cleaned them last night and we're having them with mashed potatoes and green beans.

:ack2:

I have a pork roast in that I intend to shred and make into bbq. We will have that and other simple picnic fixin's. (Sorry Ms. Mungo that apostrophe was necessary for the lost "g".) We are taking it to a lake so I can go sailing with my beloved while my mom sits with the kids on the shore. It's just a little sailboat, but he has wanted me to go all summer and we never have anyone to watch the kids.

I just put a pork loin in the crock pot with some chipotle raspberry sauce and a little bit of garlic salt. We'll add some roast asparagus and a big salad for supper.

Oh, and, I'll be making some fried pies this afternoon because Tammy in Germany *made* me h.u.n.g.r.y. for them on another post. :D

Today is our big Prarie Days Celebration and there is always a big barbque which I will be helping with. We will be having

Choice of

1/2 chicken

or

pulled roasted pork

coleslaw

baked beans

bread and butter

Choice of desert (all the ladies make cakes and bring up)

drink

We will have church services first in the arbor and then after lunch there will be bluegrass, gospel, and clogging.;)

We'll either grill turkey tenderloins wrapped in bacon (haven't a clue on the sides)

OR

I'll make chicken Parmesan with a side of spaghetti and a salad.

Those are the meats I have thawed right now. :001_smile:

(And an amazing cherry kuchen for dessert courtesy of our community kuchen festival!)

Do tell, please, more about your community kuchen festival. I am intrigued.

Jane

P.S. Any kuchen recipes that you wish to share??

Edited by Jane in NC
postscript

Looking for some new idea's. :D

Here's what were having. Crockpot turkey breast, creamy potatoes, spanish style green bean, cranberry sauce and Texas toast.

Your next. :D

I was hankerin' for some Southern memories, so I have chicken sitting in buttermilk right now waiting to be fried later. I'm thinking sides of mashed potatoes & gravy and corn on the cob (because we have tons of corn). If I get the time, I might make coleslaw, too.

For lunch we had..... leftover birthday cake -- my stepson will be 13 on Wednesday, and I decided we may as well finish his cake before he left this afternoon. Everyone straggled out of bed so late this morning that we ended up having a really late, large breakfast, and no one was all that hungry by lunchtime. For dinner we are having leftovers from last night -- pasta with shrimp, steamed cauliflower, and salad. I just have to make the salad and heat everything else up.

We always eat out lunch on Sundays. By the time we get out of church we're really hungry. I made Heidleburg Soup for supper, with crescent rolls. Here's the recipe.

Heidleburg Soup

1 16 oz. pkg. frozen mixed vegetables

3 large potatoes, peeled and diced

1 small onion, chopped

Water to more than cover the above 3 combined in large pot

2 chicken bouillon cubes

2 cans cream of celery soup

8 oz. velveeta, cut into small cubes

Pepper to taste

Boil the first three ingredients until potatoes are tender. Make sure you have water left in pot. Add the bouillon and soup. Heat on medium until bouillon cubes have melted. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cheese slowly, allowing the pieces to melt before adding more. Stir continually until all cheese is melted, being careful to not scorch.

Wow, a lot of roasts - I hadn't made a roast in quite a while, but that's indeed what we had tonight (they were on sale at Whole Foods this week) - pot roast in the crockpot with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans. The vegetable was supposed to be red cabbage, but I ended up getting home late and just had time to whip up the potatoes and gravy. I think we'll have the red cabbage with the leftovers.

Mmmm... I looove pot roast gravy!

Spaghetti, with garlic bread. I may make some Chicken Parm to go with it for dh and I.

I've never made turkey in the crockpot. What do you do, just chuck it in there and let it go?

Turkey in the crockpot recipe

1 turkey breast

1 onion diced

4 celery stalks diced

1 cup chicken broth

1 cream of chicken soup

salt,pepper, sage and poulty seasoning

I chop up the veggies, put in crockpot after spraying with Pam. Add soup and broth and stir it all up. Wash turkey and dry it off. Rub olive oil on it and put sage, poultry seasoning salt and pepper. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours then medium for 5 hours. It's very juicy and tender. My kids loved it and it's so easy. I used the broth to go over mashed potatoes..delicious.