Menu

What is your dream curricular if money was not an object?

mommyoffive

Honestly, I really love what we use, so I wouldn't change any of it.

But we do a lot of interest-based units, and those can take *hours* to put together. I'd really like a little fairy who perfectly understands my child's wants, abilities, and interests, and prepared awesome units for me.

And I'd love to hire a driver to take my kid to all her out of the house stuff so I don't have to.

• Like 1

I love the programs I use, but there are a million hands-on, enrichment-y things that I always have to talk myself out of. Like, "Kellie, if you were going to have 30 schoolkids every year, you could justify buying that stuff. But for only two, it's a bad decision."

Yeah. I'd buy all that stuff. 

• Like 1

If money was no object I'd pay someone to do all the housework and cooking, as well as someone to play with my toddlers while I focussed on homeschooling my oldest. I'm not sure if I'd spend any more on homeschooling curriculum, but I would have the time and energy to do more hands on projects and science experiments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Like others, I would keep what we are using, which is very cheap. I would add outside art instruction, a cleaning service, more symphonies, some travel, and more sports.

Oh, I would like to buy the orignal prints of the artists we study. 😉

Edited by TX native
  • Like 2

I like what we're using, but would LOVE more $ to supplement and add depth by buying books, and books, and books!   :drool5:   Yes, the thought makes me drool!

ETA:  great, and beautiful, books of course

Edited by jjeepa
  • Like 1

If money was no object I'd pay someone to do all the housework and cooking, as well as someone to play with my toddlers while I focussed on homeschooling my oldest. I'm not sure if I'd spend any more on homeschooling curriculum, but I would have the time and energy to do more hands on projects and science experiments.

This. And I wouldn't mind more travel and maybe some Lego robe tics

Curriculum-wise, probably Landry Academy or WTM Academy classes. Maybe a couple of Oak Meadow high school classes with the teacher feedback. I think the Timberdoodle curriculum packages look pretty neat, though I don't know that I would want to use the whole thing. I'm getting to the point where I have to start I have to start looking at high school courses  :scared:  and those are expensive.

Yep, this. Money has not been an issue, thankfully, but time sure it! 

I just want a self-contained science lab with a gaseous and chemical fire-suppression and exhaust system, and a chemical eye wash station, to get that subject out of my kitchen/off my table.  One with all the latest technology and a virtual science teacher.

Oh, and I would pay Critterfixer a FT teacher salary just to teach my child to write. :D

• Like 3

If money wasn't an issue I'd want: a housekeeper, personal chef, a lovely school room, and a foreign language tutor. In that order. :)

But I'm cheating because I have $2k per kid per year from our charter school for curriculum and classes. ;) But I don't think that my curriculum for elementary would be much different if we weren't with the charter. I currently buy our LA programs anyway because they won't. I certainly would have tried less things, but that might have been a good thing. :D Since I've come full circle and am back to mostly where I started. The things I wouldn't be doing that I would then wish I had money for would be the same except add music lessons.

ALL THE CURRICULUM!!!!

Seriously...money's no object?  I'd want them all...lol.  Cataloged and indexed in a warehouse, easy to search through, and a personal assistant that I can call on as needed.

Me: "Buffy...Junior here needs some depth in his decimal studies.  Please go find me all relevant materials..."

I suppose that would all be overkill.  How would I ever decide which one to use?  

• Like 4

I might send them to private school! I already find ways to purchase the curricula that works best, even if pricey. The only thing I had held off on is the Life of Fred series. I might buy those to have on hand and go through at our leisure. And, Artistic Pursuits. Art tends to take a backseat.

I have an only child working on K level, so we haven't made many of the big multi-year purchases yet. What I would get with unlimited funds:

Compound Microscope

Stereo/Dissection Microscope

Microscope Digital Camera

Collection of Slides

Light Panel

Collection of X-rays

Half-Day Forest School Tuition

Foreign Language Tutor

Suzuki Piano Teacher

Year-Round Swim Lessons

A massive number of books...

• Like 1

I might send them to private school! I already find ways to purchase the curricula that works best, even if pricey. The only thing I had held off on is the Life of Fred series. I might buy those to have on hand and go through at our leisure. And, Artistic Pursuits. Art tends to take a backseat.

Educents seems to run the best price on them, I see used ones selling fast for more than Educents charges...in case you decide to buy them.