Menu

What's your level of education?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS and MS in Art Education with K-12 teaching certification. I taught for about five years before taking time off to have kids and homeschool. I may be going back to public or private school teaching soon. Ds, the youngest, will be a senior next year.

I thoroughly enjoyed the college environment and would have gone on to obtain a phd if there was one in Art Ed, but there is only one is general education. I wasn't interested in going that route.

I took one year of University. I was majoring in English and History at the time but only because I didn't know what I wanted to do! LOL I have no desire whatsoever to go back and get a degree. I would love to take several classes, and probably will, but the things I am interested in doing (photography and web design) to make money, once I am able to devote the time to them, do not really require a degree if you acquire the needed skills and I couldn't be happier about it. I love learning but I hate school... if that makes sense! :rolleyes: I have no desire to work for anyone but myself.

a BA in psychology and a minor in French. I would have had a double major, but I did not want to continue. While I was working, I started to take some graduate school work. I could not do it. So, I just graduated from college, but I plan to go back and take other courses just want my children established in the basics first.

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/tesimony

I didn't even finish high school, completed year 10 , did really well. was strongly discouraged from continuing by all my family and church.

one of the reasons I am doing WTM is to make sure that my children have a good education. though I am finding the thought of teaching rhetoric a little daunting.

MelissaL

I didn't even finish high school, completed year 10 , did really well. was strongly discouraged from continuing by all my family and church.

one of the reasons I am doing WTM is to make sure that my children have a good education. though I am finding the thought of teaching rhetoric a little daunting.

MelissaL

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but why did your family and church discourage you from finishing school? I'm just curious. You can PM me if you don't want to answer here... or just not answer. I was just curious. :o

Did a bunch of years in broadcasting and advertising. Got another BA in English-Secondary Ed. Spent a few years teaching. Had DD and been a SAHM ever since. If you had told me ten years ago that I would be a Homeschooling SAHM, I would have run away screaming. Now my kids see me running towards them................ sometimes screaming.;)

DH has a BA in Anthropology, did a bunch of years on the Mercantile Exchange trading floor jumping up and down yelling, went back for a BA in Secondary Ed-English and has been teaching for almost 15 years in a CPS high school.

I was a vocational student, so I have no languages, only 1 year of higher math, 1 year of higher science. I did take 2 years of typing, 2 years of shorthand, and a year of office business machines. Those skills have come in useful (ok, not the shorthand itself, lol, but the business writing that I did as part of it) over the years.

BS in Mathematics and a minor in Spanish. I worked as a computer analyst before staying home with kids. Now, all the jobs in my field are in India. At one time, I was interested in going back to school to become a midwife, but that ship has sailed. When my youngest approaches college, I will decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. Teaching my kids (or should I say "facilitating their learning") has sparked the desire to go back to school just for the joy of learning. But, I can't say what that would be. Linguistics? History? who knows?

Just curious after the "taking more college classes thread." I have no desire to go back to college, even though it would be easy to do since we live in a college town. Graduated public high school in 93, got married summer of 95, I graduated from Purdue in 97' with a BS in management (emphasis in Rest. & institution food service) So what is your educational background?

Kristine

I graduated high school, worked, took a few courses through an international missions organization, worked and traveled with the organization for a few years, got married, had kids. Never thought I'd be a homeschooler - when I was in high school, I went to a church where most families homeschooled and I couldn't imagine teaching my kids at home. Now I couldn't imagine doing anything else right now. I LOVE LOVE LOVE crafting and weaving together an education for each of my kids, and LOVE all the stuff I'm learning through this process. I've discovered that learning is engaging and fun! Maybe someday I'll take some university courses, but as back in high school, I don't know what to take. So we'll see.

National Honor Society in high school, and 3 years at UC Davis, but....no degree.

I became a (custodial) step-parent, and then three years later a new mom.

I also had the wonderful opportunity to homeschool one of my step-daughters in high school. (Though it wasn't always wonderful at the time. LOL!) :eek:

I would love to finish my B.A., but I figure it won't happen until my youngest is mostly grown...so about 10 more years.

Michele

And then that summer I married my sweetheart! I was the 1st and only in my family to graduate, we were Beachy/Amish when my olders were in school so they dropped out after 8th grade. I was pressure to drop out earlier, but I loved school so I continued. I had to pay for everything since it was my decision. :rolleyes: