Menu

What's your level of education?

Just curious after the "taking more college classes thread." I have no desire to go back to college, even though it would be easy to do since we live in a college town. Graduated public high school in 93, got married summer of 95, I graduated from Purdue in 97' with a BS in management (emphasis in Rest. & institution food service) So what is your educational background?

Kristine

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.S. in Psychology / Music; M.D.; residency in Family Practice; (got married in this space); fellowship in medical editing/faculty development; (had child here at the end of studies; always thought that it would be v. difficult to get married and/or have children in the midst of studies - hats off to those who do!)

Guest Virginia Dawn

I'm working on my master's in "Mothering."

Really, I graduated from high school in 82. My senior year was outsourced to the local community college. So I have one year of college experience but 25 years later, only half of it counts as transfer credits. After being a sahm forever, I am starting school again. Currently it is just enrichment, but it may develop into something else later.

Just curious after the "taking more college classes thread." I have no desire to go back to college, even though it would be easy to do since we live in a college town. Graduated public high school in 93, got married summer of 95, I graduated from Purdue in 97' with a BS in management (emphasis in Rest. & institution food service) So what is your educational background?

Kristine

BA in International Studies, MA in Asian Studies, Juris Doctor.

And I would LOVE to have time to take classes at a local college. I happily take classes the rest of my life. I actually have a seminary about a mile away from me and have considered auditing classes when I have a little more flexibility with the kids.

Northwestern only allowed five years post-comps to turn in a dissertation - somehow twins (one with autism) kinda took over and seemed more important than writing about The Image of Woman in the Hollywood BioPic. Still does, too.

But knowing how to do research has proven useful - I just never imagined I'd be research autism and lksv!

BTW - my mom post-kids went to school and got her BA just a few years ago. Granny graduated!

BS English UCLA 1979.

Completed the one year teacher certification program at UCLA's Education Dept in 1980 (not a full master's program, but did buy me a "clear" teaching creditial back then. It has long since expired.)

I honestly think 13 years of homeschooling is worth "a whole 'nother" bachelor's degree. :p

really elem. ed. but that is what my diploma says...weird, huh?....I have a lifetime teaching certificate for Texas....I taught 2nd grade public school until oldest was born...just 2 yrs....that was almost 11 yrs. ago....I live in Indiana now...I've thought about possibly teaching again after kids are gone...I've looked into getting liscensed here and it looks like a real pain....but it is doable...teaching in a public school again doesn't sound terribly appealling though...

I have a BS in Wildlife Management (both kinds :D). After an internship with the US Forestry Service the summer before my senior year, I knew that wasn't for me. Too much red tape and **ses running the show. My dad convinced me to finish my degree, which I did. I now have a piece of paper that looks all nice and pretty ;)

For the record, dh does not have a university degree and has done very well for himself in the computer software field (linux). He sometimes wishes he could go back to school but since all of his credits are from a British university, they would not transfer very well here (and he would have to take 2 years of silly classes). He is going into management anyways ;)

So the one with the degree stays at home and teaches the kiddos and the one without the degree brings home the bacon. :eek: