Menu

What's your level of education?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA English, 01

MEd Teaching, 03, I think. Maybe 04.

But I graduated hs in 95, so I dabbled in quite a bit before finishing that English degree, LOL!

And the teaching was because I finished the BA right after 9/11 & couldn't find a job. I figured that whatever the future brought, I'd never be unemployed again.

BA: Economics & Business with an Emphasis in Accounting

JD

CPA license

Attorney's license

I practiced public accounting for five years and then returned to law school. Although I have the attorney license, I have never used it as I have never practiced law. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it I say!

Now, I just wish I would have paid more attention in science classes!;)

BA in English Lang. and Lit. and M Ed. I taught 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade and English as an adjunct at a CC until I had my first child. I've been home ever since. I agree that my experience hasn't made a bit of difference as far as teaching my own dc. The only benefit has been that I already had an awesome home library of children's literature before I ever had children.

BA in Music with an emphasis in pre-med (UT didn't have a formal pre-med major when I was there and I wouldn't have taken that major anyway). I didn't get the chance to go to med school (life intervened), but have done some graduate work. When my kids are older I really want to go back to graduate school...just for me.

I have a BS in Elementary Education (very aptly named). Would love to go back for a Master's Degree if I could A) afford it and B) find one that is entirely coursework and no research/thesis stuff.

DH, on the other hand has an Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology and is doing quite well supporting us working as a systems architect. Go Figure :D

BFA - Bachelor of Fine Arts (Concentration Art/Emphasis painting), which I earned exactly 20 years after graduating hs.

Certificate in Electronic Publishing (graphic design)

I use my degrees constantly and will never be sorry for the paths I chose in college. For one thing, my education has led me to great areas of ministry within the church. I also teach k-8 art at a private Classical Christian school.

Last year I was accepted in seminary, but decided to postpone for awhile. It was for the best since we decided to bring dd home to be schooled.

Just curious after the "taking more college classes thread." I have no desire to go back to college, even though it would be easy to do since we live in a college town. Graduated public high school in 93, got married summer of 95, I graduated from Purdue in 97' with a BS in management (emphasis in Rest. & institution food service) So what is your educational background?

Kristine

B.S. in Accounting; M.B.A.

Got my MRS and my MOM and 5 credits, hee hee.

I've got an internet degree in BS, lol.

BWAHAHA! That's too funny. :D

I graduated high school as Salutatorian :rolleyes:, then dabbled in college before getting my MR (from the USN). ;)

I'm sure that I would enjoy college now, however, I delight in being self-taught.

High School, 1981

BS in Accounting, 1991

CPA, 1992

I was applying to law school when I met dh and ditched it in favor of getting married. Later, I was accepted to seminary where my dh is a student, but never had time and money at the same time. I looked into online or correspondence MS - Accounting programs, but then I had a 3rd child instead. When she was a year old, I began homeschooling my older 2 while still working outside the home, so going back to school in any form is just not doable. I will be 55 yo when my youngest is 18, and I think by then I'll be too old and tired to care about going back to school. :(

Grade 12.

I would have never guessed this. I would not have guessed it about karenciavo, either, but she has shared this before so I already knew it. I was shocked when I learned that about her, and I am shocked to learn this about you.

You and Karen just always seem so well-educated!! I guess you have both done a bang-up job of educating yourselves!!!:)

There are 2229 members on this board. I would love to know the total breakdown of education by member. I am inclined to believe the more educated are more likely to answer such a question so the results are misleading.

I rarely can resist answering such a question myself.

12th grade High School only. Now when I think of going to college I can never come up with a good enough reason beyond vanity in my current circumstances. Shrug. plus the math frightens me. shhhhh.

I graduated HS 1983

BA in Accounting 1987

CPA in 1992

I walked away and chose to SAH with my new baby. Never looked back, will never go "back" to it. If I choose to do something different when I'm done with homeschooling, I have learned that I can educate myself without the need of institutions :)

Master of Arts (hons) Edinburgh University

Baden Powell Trefoil badge from the Girl Guides association (I was told by my pack leader to always put that on my CV ;))

3-year diploma from a small Christian college - I'm 12 credits from finishing my degree in pastoral theology (with no plans to finish)

I am hoping (fingers are crossed) that I will be able to go back to school (correspondence) and get a degree in English Literature.

I've worn many hats over the years, but none have done me any good:

In order:

Licensed Nail Technician (lapsed though)

AS in Business Technology (glorified secretary, also lapsed)

AS in Forensics/CSI cert. (lapsed but only because I moved, got married and started homeschooling)

Currently, going back to school for my BS in Secondary Education: Math. This will start in the summer when my husband finishes his Master's program. He's the smart one in this family: BS in Phsyics, Theatre, Math, certified Teacher, and working towards his Masters in Space Science.

BS in Biology and MFS (Master of Forensic Science)

I could go to school forever... too bad I'd have to be independently wealthy to do so. I'd love to get my PhD in Forensic Anthropology and become a county coroner or go to medical school and open a clinic with flat-rate pricing and offer house calls.

BS in Biology and MFS (Master of Forensic Science)

I could go to school forever... too bad I'd have to be independently wealthy to do so. I'd love to get my PhD in Forensic Anthropology and become a county coroner or go to medical school and open a clinic with flat-rate pricing and offer house calls.

So, you are like a CSI person? That is pretty cool. Gross, but cool!

Why do I need to say? Can't I just focus on this whole "growing up" stuff:rolleyes:

Honestly that is my current major! and I think I may have to flunk myself!

But seriously, I graduated High school in 99.... had my dd in 2000 and now focusing on re-learning everything as I didn't in PS! No desire here to go back to college anytime soon.... I figure if I want to learn it I can do better on my own! HA:D

I guess I'm pretty guilty of being interested in continuing education, until children, that is. Once I've gotten them off to college, I'll probably go back and do more coursework, myself.....

I have a BA in Physical Anthropology (that's forensics work, among other things). There was no BS available in it back when I went to school in the dinosaur days, LOL..... I have an official minor in psychology as I was interested in doing profiling work at the time. I began masters level work but dropped out due to personal and family problems I was experiencing at the time....

I started coursework for a second degree in business (accounting), but it got sidetracked when I moved to Louisiana. I have various certifications from Tulane's business institute related to managerial work I did when I lived down there.

I obtained paralegal certification from LSU in anticipation of attending law school. I was admitted to LSU law school for the school year following my testing year, but finally got pregnant before my admission date, and so didn't end up going.....

I would still like to go back to school and work towards my phd in some area of forensics work and/or obtain CFI designation (certified fraud investigator, which is an accounting designation).

I'm also getting interested in theology studies at this time in my life, and have a pretty good seminary nearby, so I might start work in that area, instead!

Regena