Menu

THIRD Annual Hive Holiday Card Exchange UPDATE: Capped; see last post if you're in.

Ginevra

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Granny_Weatherwax said:

Drats. I missed the original post so missed the deadline.

If anyone drops or decides they don't want in, I'll join.

I can squeeze you in; what’s one more? So it will be 31 instead of 30. I think we can manage it. 🙂 

Just send me your address if it’s different. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

Costco has some boxes of 40 for $15.  (several different boxes, each with a variety of four types of cards.)

That's cool about the stamps.

I've been watching for their Christmas cards because they're really nice. I haven't seen them in my local Costco, but I look every week. Maybe I'll see them today.

19 hours ago, Quill said:

I can squeeze you in; what’s one more? So it will be 31 instead of 30. I think we can manage it. 🙂 

Just send me your address if it’s different. 

Thank you so much.  Address is the same.

Edited: This really makes my day. I had such a wonderful time with last year's cards.  (Doing a happy dance)

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I got my first one today.  I have a place I'm storing the holiday/winter themed stamps that I'm cutting out of the envelopes when they arrive, and after the new year I'm going to cut the fronts off of the cards (and maybe some of the wording on the insides) and will use spray adhesive to attach them to paper gift bag or box collage style as I'm slowly switching over to reusable Christmas wrapping options for the future. Your cards will live on at my Christmas celebrations.  

Edited by HS Mom in NC
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, HS Mom in NC said:

I got my first one today.  I have a place I'm storing the holiday/wintered themed stamps that I'm cutting out of the envelopes when they arrive, and after the new year I'm going to cut the fronts off of the cards (and maybe some of the wording on the insides) and will use spray adhesive to attach them to paper gift bag or box collage style as I'm slowly switching over to reusable Christmas wrapping options for the future. Your cards will live on at my Christmas celebrations.  

I love this idea!!  I may steal it!  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, HS Mom in NC said:

I got my first one today.  I have a place I'm storing the holiday/winter themed stamps that I'm cutting out of the envelopes when they arrive, and after the new year I'm going to cut the fronts off of the cards (and maybe some of the wording on the insides) and will use spray adhesive to attach them to paper gift bag or box collage style as I'm slowly switching over to reusable Christmas wrapping options for the future. Your cards will live on at my Christmas celebrations.  

My mom used to use the fronts of Christmas cards we received the year before to decorate plain bags or wrapping paper. 

• Like 4

I am also enjoying seeing cards trickle in. It makes me so happy! I have USPS informed delivery so in the morning, I look at my email, scanning for cards. 🙂 Then I look forward to opening them when I get home. 

• Like 3

Mine will go out by weeks end. Here’s a funny about my dd19.

she was looking through the cards and said these are all for YOU mom! 
I said, well some of them count for you. They say “and family.” 
she said “ and family? Is that all I get? No name? Just an anonymous AND FAMILY? 
I told her to mail cards to her friends and maybe she’ll get some with her name on them. 
she said, l will. And then you’ll be the AND FAMILY !!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...

@Mrs_Tigglewinkle   I lost my cards too but at least it was before I wrote them. I was beginning to wonder if I had misplaced the bag in the mall. The boxes did eventually turn up inside another bag in Dh’s dresser. 

I’m loving looking at all the beautiful cards and apologize mine were mailed yesterday.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spirea said:

Lucky her. I google searched and can't find one similar. My dd would love it.

I can’t help you there but Amazon has extremely nice cashmere-feel scarves with Van High’s works on them, including starry night. I have Sunflowers and I bought Irises to give as a gift. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Quill said:

I can’t help you there but Amazon has extremely nice cashmere-feel scarves with Van High’s works on them, including starry night. I have Sunflowers and I bought Irises to give as a gift. 

Oh, I love scarves and I love these. I think I want to order them for my bday gift next month. So pretty!

Edited by Spirea
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I wrote all the cards out and now can’t find them. So the new cards will be in the mail tomorrow. And then I’m sure I’ll find all the lovely cards I already did.

Wow! You have a great start on next year! HAHAHA 🤣

• Haha 7

16 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I wrote all the cards out and now can’t find them. So the new cards will be in the mail tomorrow. And then I’m sure I’ll find all the lovely cards I already did.

Like someone else said—you’ll be ready for next year!! 

• Like 1

We had guests over last weekend (in retrospect, will likely be the last time for a while . . . sigh), and I got comments on the number of cards I have displayed and how much fun it is to see so many.

I was explaining about the WTM list and then had to confess that I have already bought my cards for next year's exchange.

Edited by Jenny in Florida
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

DD4 has been over the moon with all of the cards. She keeps asking if they are for her stuffies. She's had me take some of the envelopes and write their names on them so that way they receive cards too. Cards keep disappearing and I think I'm going to find a trove of them when I get around to cleaning her room, lol. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1