Menu

I need a good cry.

Miss Peregrine

Search on youtube for “saddest videoâ€. A lot pops up. Again, if you’re a Doctor Who fan, search for “saddest doctor whoâ€. There are some real tear-jerker moments on that show. If you’re not a fan, they probably won’t come across as sad.

Edited by Garga

Not sure if it's available, but "Truly, Madly, Deeply" was a good tear jerker.  Came out around the time of "Ghost"

"Love Story" with Ali McGraw always, always makes me cry.

I didn't see the original "StepMom" but I saw the Bollywood remake called "We are Family", and it totally made me cry.  It was on Netflix.

"Veer Zaara" was another great Bollywood movie on Netflix, as is "Kal Ho Naa Ho".  Yes, both have ShahRukh Khan. :) 

"Steel Magnolias" always works for me too.  Plus you get some good laughs in there.

• Like 3

There have been some episodes of Fringe and Grays Anatomy that have me bawling. And the ER episode called On the beach always gets me.

And the last episode of Lost. I weeped the entire episode.

Lost!! My family just watched the whole thing together and finished it last month. I cried in so many episodes and the last one the whole way through, like you said. Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

Saving Mr. Banks

Makes we cry every time. I refused to watch it when I was pregnant, because I knew what a sobbing mess I would be. Not enough tissues in the box for that.

I was literally about to stand up and start watching that! I’ve had the DVD sitting here from Netflix for weeks and thought I could at least watch the first little bit. Thanks for the heads up that it’s a tear jerker. :). I’m not the OP and I’m not sure I want to cry tonight. Edited by Garga
  • Like 3

I second This is Us. I think I have cried on every episode! It's on Hulu.

I watched the most recent episode last night and it wasn't cry inducing this time. Even the last few are not strong enough for what I've got going on. :lol:

I have time this weekend so hopefully one of the above suggestions can get it going.

• Like 2

I watched the most recent episode last night and it wasn't cry inducing this time. Even the last few are not strong enough for what I've got going on. :lol:

I have time this weekend so hopefully one of the above suggestions can get it going.

I'm sorry that you have something going on where you need a good cry. Hugs!

I will say, though, that I'm a lightweight when it comes to tears. I often can't do any read aloud without tearing up. I read a book to the kids about the rainforest and ended up tearing up because of how the layers all work together to make the ecosystem.  :laugh:  DS just patted me on the back and said "keep it together, Mom!"  I'm probably not the best person to reply to this thread. My answer probably could have been "anything!" HA!

• Like 2