Menu

2017 vent thread

school17777

Since Creekland asked the other thread to be closed and no matter how I search, I can't find the new one that someone started, so I thought I start a new one that is hopefully easy to search.

Anyway, I can't find razor blades for the razor that I have used for decades. I have replaced the actual razor a couple of times throughout the years after accidently leaving it in a hotel or something, but it is not made anymore, nor are the blades. It was the only kind that didn't give me nicks around my ankles and knees. Here's to hoping the new one that I finally broke down and bought doesn't either.

• Like 3

I noticed that. Every few years they "upgrade" so you're forced to buy an entirely new system.

Mine: Our rabbit bites one person in the house-me! I am nice to him and give him treats, but he thinks he's entitled to bite me because he's the buck of the house. #$%m rabbit!

Is it supposed to be a love bite?

Oh, I needed this today!

I leave on Wednesday for a 4-day trip.  I cleared it with the parents I babysit for over two weeks ago, nearly three, and reiterated the dates when I had them confirmed.  They were shocked today when I again reminded them I leave Wednesday. 

And they haven't paid me for last week, either.  It has been a habit of 'forgetting' for a while now.

• Like 2

Is it supposed to be a love bite?

Yes! He thinks I am the bunny of his dreams. LOL He runs in front of me to make sure my path is safe. He's built a den under my kitchen table and has to show me how good he is at chewing up paper daily. BUT, if I ignore him or don't give him a snack when he wants it, he nips me. Of course, me not having a nice coat of fur, am injured in the process. He has improved a little. Now the nips just sting- I think he's only drawn blood once in the last several months. 

:glare:

I can laugh about it except for the days when I am busy and don't want to have to think about where the rabbit is before I take a step. 

• Like 5

Oh, I needed this today!

I leave on Wednesday for a 4-day trip.  I cleared it with the parents I babysit for over two weeks ago, nearly three, and reiterated the dates when I had them confirmed.  They were shocked today when I again reminded them I leave Wednesday. 

And they haven't paid me for last week, either.  It has been a habit of 'forgetting' for a while now.

Perhaps absence will make the heart grow fonder or the mind less "forgetful."

Oh, I needed this today!

I leave on Wednesday for a 4-day trip. I cleared it with the parents I babysit for over two weeks ago, nearly three, and reiterated the dates when I had them confirmed. They were shocked today when I again reminded them I leave Wednesday.

And they haven't paid me for last week, either. It has been a habit of 'forgetting' for a while now.

They need to start paying you ahead! No pay, no stay.

• Like 9

I have a cold.

I had to go grocery shopping today.

My 3yo keeps getting random stuff out and distributing it all over the house.

I would like some peace and quiet but everyone follows me around and tells me every thought that pops in their minds.

Thanks for starting the new thread. I needed a good whine.

• Like 2

If the class has an age ( let's say 13+) attached to why in the world do you sign up and bring your much younger kids ( no older siblings either).  :banghead:

I am getting so tired of going to classes/trips with an age of 10+ on it and finding out it is mainly little kids. Not the kids fault but the parents who just ignored the age on the class.

And is this a petty vent, but I swear I am the only one in the house capable of putting a new trash bag in the can.  They take the trash out when asked but the thought of putting a bag back in the can escapes them.

• Like 2

I'm back to sleeping on the living room floor with the Marvelous Flying Marco. I've been sleeping on a floor with him since he was about 18 months old (he'll be 5 in June), but we DID have back to sleeping in his own room for a while... but then he decided sleep wasn't for him (again).

And I can't convince any of my children to go to school. I love having them home, but... well, yeah, I only have so many hands and so much time in a day. I toured a lovely Catholic school (our parish school, actually) that has an average class size of 8-12 children in elementary school, the Kindergarten teacher has years of experience with special needs, they are SN inclusive, AND they were wiling to allow either of my boys to rotate grades for a skill based subject if needed (i.e. allow my 2nd grade son to remain in the 2nd grade, but go to the 1st grade class for phonics; or allow my rising Kinder son to remain in the Pre-K for social skills related to his autism, but go to the Kinder classroom for phonics and math). 

Not only did they refuse to go, but all three of them (including DD15) made no qualms about harboring a lifelong resentment if I tore their "trio" apart. I know they're exaggerating and would be fine in reality, but I have other concerns related to them actually going to school, so whatever :p

Edited by AimeeM

I'm back to sleeping on the living room floor with the Marvelous Flying Marco. I've been sleeping on a floor with him since he was about 18 months old (he'll be 5 in June), but we DID have back to sleeping in his own room for a while... but then he decided sleep wasn't for him (again).

And I can't convince any of my children to go to school. I love having them home, but... well, yeah, I only have so many hands and so much time in a day. I toured a lovely Catholic school (our parish school, actually) that has an average class size of 8-12 children in elementary school, the Kindergarten teacher has years of experience with special needs, they are SN inclusive, AND they were wiling to allow either of my boys to rotate grades for a skill based subject if needed (i.e. allow my 2nd grade son to remain in the 2nd grade, but go to the 1st grade class for phonics; or allow my rising Kinder son to remain in the Pre-K for social skills related to his autism, but go to the Kinder classroom for phonics and math).

Not only did they refuse to go, but all three of them (including DD15) made no qualms about harboring a lifelong resentment if I tore their "trio" apart. I know they're exaggerating and would be fine in reality, but I have other concerns related to them actually going to school, so whatever :p

Maybe you could take whatever you were going to spend on tuition and hire some help at home?

• Like 2

Not only did they refuse to go, but all three of them (including DD15) made no qualms about harboring a lifelong resentment if I tore their "trio" apart. I know they're exaggerating and would be fine in reality, but I have other concerns related to them actually going to school, so whatever :p

Aimee, I've been trying to convince my last two to go to school as well.

Can't say I've had this happen before. What happens? Guessing a mess is left behind.

Thankfully no mess. And most days you'd never know the neighbors even have a pig. Their dogs are much more likely to get into mischief or poop in our yard; the pig was just looking for food. Dd has met the pig before and told me it was shy, so he was easy to shoo back into his own yard. The dogs aren't as cooperative.

• Like 1

The last 2 performances I've been to (symphony and ballet) the person sitting behind me has HUMMED over the music. What kind of monsters hum at the symphony?!

We're off to the ballet again this morning and I am really hoping that we don't have a threepeat.

A similar thing happened to me! My then 7 yr old dd had two solos in the school Christmas play. The lady sitting behind me hummed (loudly) along to the music during both is her songs. So frustrating!!!

• Like 1

Gotta bring this back up as it's what's come to mind as I'm dealing with a cold.   :glare:

Hubby had it first, and oodles of kids at school are passing around germs, so I was doomed, but nonetheless... I held out hope that maybe my immune system was strong enough to have it pass by.  Apparently not.

The good thing is it's a weekend, but I'm missing church as I type (sigh).

I'll admit to being thankful for Sudafed (the original type I can only find at Walmart by asking at the pharmacy counter).

I'm also hopeful that it will be another couple of years (or more) before I catch another one.  It's easy to forget how miserable these things can make a person - esp when they already have head issues from other sources.  :cursing:

• Like 3

I miss my 20 year old body.

Me too, but it's mainly because my brain does not get along (professionally) with doctors and when the body ages, this is NOT a good thing (sigh).

Give me a room or two full of high school students I've never met before and I'm perfectly fine - even when the plan changes last minute or an emergency of some sort comes up.

Put me in front of a crowd of people and tell me to kill time until the main speaker gets there as they've been delayed - no problem.

Bloody injury to one of our critters?  I'm on it.

A doctor's office and trying to get some sort of point (that isn't super basic) across?  Yeah, I'm lost - and completely stressed, both there and afterward.  I don't get it.

And yes, I'm working on destressing from one now with the biggest thing my brain has learned is DO NOT DO THAT AGAIN (aka, go to a doctor).  Death is seriously a more attractive option (thinking of a worst case scenario).

I doubt it's their fault.  Somehow my ability to handle a situation and use language to convey thoughts just disappears.  (sigh)

I really need a lot more in this country to be DIY so doctors only need to get involved at the very end with all test results, etc, in front of them.

• Like 1

The last 2 performances I've been to (symphony and ballet) the person sitting behind me has HUMMED over the music. What kind of monsters hum at the symphony?!

Nothing like this vent to make me realize I shouldn't complain.

But I will anyways ;)

I've never vented in a venting thread before, but here goes:

Lady sends out email implying she will be doing my job (organizing officials for an event) for her event.

Lady goes silent for a month.

5 weeks.

6 weeks.

No details about event come forth from her to any officials.

I email her today with 6 days left, asking her for details in case I missed them.

Lady is now "willing to let me" do my job.

A job I do as a courtesy to event-holders in the first place.

I cannot roll my eyes hard enough. I just hope people didn't make other plans after never hearing from her since we are severely lacking in officials in the first place.

• Like 4

Kenmore evidently did very stringent testing on their appliances to find the most annoying noise to use for the warning beep on the oven and microwave timers. Not only is it annoyingly ear piercing, but it keeps repeating until I hit the stop button. Inevitably I am across the room or have something on my hands that I have to wash off first. DH tried to change the tone but only managed to turn it off altogether, which for obvious reasons is not a practical solution.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 3

My daughter is part of a youth organization that has a religious element and is supposed to be about building character. The women who run it are so manipulative of the kids, authoritarian, and conflict avoidant when called on their manipulation that I am going to have to remove my daughter so she won't be exposed to their dysfunctional behavior. She loves the other girls, though.   :sad:

I am sick past my ability to be polite at the 5 freaking picky eaters I've birthed. Like, don't come in my kitchen or I will rip you a new one and enjoy it. So freaking pissed.

• Like 2

Silly, petty, slightly gross, diaper-related vent ahead.

My DH changes most diapers when he is home, since I am the one who changes all of them when he is at work all day. I appreciate it very much. Baby boy has gotten into a routine of only pooping every few days, almost always on our busy out of the house days, and rarely on the weekend. Tonight he pooped just as DH had to leave for an evening work meeting. Five minutes sooner, and DH would have changed it, but he had to leave. I know it's totally petty, but it just seems unfair that DH gets out of changing all the poopy diapers.

• Like 1

Kenmore evidently did very stringent testing on their appliances to find the most annoying noise to use for the warning beep on the oven and microwave timers. Not only is it annoyingly ear piercing, but it keeps repeating until I hit the stop button. Inevitably I am across the room or have something on my hands that I have to wash off first. DH tried to change the tone but only managed to turn it off altogether, which for obvious reasons is not a practical solution.

I'm pretty sure that we have the same range.  Why is that sound so loud?  And why do my kids seem okay with the ear drum damage  that I'm sure it will incur one day?  

• Like 1

Silly, petty, slightly gross, diaper-related vent ahead.

My DH changes most diapers when he is home, since I am the one who changes all of them when he is at work all day. I appreciate it very much. Baby boy has gotten into a routine of only pooping every few days, almost always on our busy out of the house days, and rarely on the weekend. Tonight he pooped just as DH had to leave for an evening work meeting. Five minutes sooner, and DH would have changed it, but he had to leave. I know it's totally petty, but it just seems unfair that DH gets out of changing all the poopy diapers.

I get you.  When my dh was on daddy duty, it  seems like they were always saints and no emergencies.  Yup, they saved it all for me as soon as he left for a business trip.  Poop in the bath, vomit, stomach bugs, etc...loved it.  

Edited by solascriptura

I hate it when people expect me to participate in their nonsense.  No, Starbucks, I'm not calling your smallest size "tall", I'm ordering a small because that's it's relative size compared to my other options.

No, I didn't see "Lady Gaga's" performance.  It was Stefani Germanotta's performance.  If you're going to change your name, don't choose one that is a combination of a class system your nation is philosophically opposed to combined with baby talk.  I didn't do baby talk with my babies and I'm not about to start while referring to an adult.  I'm looking at you too, Sting, Meatloaf, and rappers.

I'm tired of people who have it together being forced to wait for flakes to give feedback to a group event.  If you asked the church ladies when Ladies' Bible Study would be good for them so you can pick dates for everyone, and the flakes fail to respond for weeks, then just pick from the days the people who had it together gave you and be done already! If you don't then the people who have it together must choose between waiting to schedule other things (because Ladies' Bible study isn't the only thing going on in their lives) and scheduling other things and hoping that Ladies' Bible Study does finally get on the church calendar on dates that conflict with the other things.  Once again the flakes screw things up for other people. Why are people so concerned that flakes be catered to anyway? They're not even going to show up when they said they would, so let's just stop with all the nonsense already.

• Like 4

We're off to the ballet again this morning and I am really hoping that we don't have a threepeat.

"There's a special place in hell for child molesters and people who talk at the theater." Shepherd Book, Firefly TV series.

• Like 6

I'm debating about joining this big consignment sale as a seller. I live kinda far from the location and have only one vehicle which is not a truck so I don't know how I would possibly haul the big ticket items (changing table, bassinet, pack n play, etc.) without making a number of trips. I don't anyone that well to ask them to do the hauling. I don't really want to take them all apart, either if I don't have to. I figure I'd want to have it assembled on display, afterall. I am trying to sell them on FB but no one has posted any interest. I might give in and donate them but even that will take several individual trips that I'll have to strategically plan on the way somewhere else as to not seem like a waste of gas.

Glad to find this thread because sometimes ... when you live in a subdivision and your neighbor's pig gets in your yard ...  :cursing:

Funny you said that because my dh got trapped at a job by a rouge pot bellied pig today! And the only person home was the daughter who is terrified of it and she told him it knows how to open a car door!  He had a chair in one hand and a broken picnic table in the other trying to fend it off. He said it was biting the concrete steps trying to get to him and actually took chunks of the concrete out!  And then, in his haste to run while throwing stuff in the dumpster, he totally jacked his finger, it is a mess! 

• Like 2

I just worked on our house building project til 1am - sudden time sensitive stuff. I still have dishes to do before sleep. *sob*

And dh can't help, he's gone working night shift this week.

Ugh, I feel you.  We are transitioning the basement apartment and an upstairs bedroom and stuff is everywhere!  Thanks to the stupid rogue pig my dh hurt his hand and instead of helping me with all this stuff we need to get done, he had his hand in a bucket of ice water all night.  And, of course, there are always, always more dishes to do.  :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

"There's a special place in hell for child molesters and people who talk at the theater." Shepherd Book, Firefly TV series.

lol, I have actually turned and told people who talk in the theater that they are going to the "special hell".  I don't care if they don't get the reference. ;)

• Like 3

Funny you said that because my dh got trapped at a job by a rouge pot bellied pig today! And the only person home was the daughter who is terrified of it and she told him it knows how to open a car door!  He had a chair in one hand and a broken picnic table in the other trying to fend it off. He said it was biting the concrete steps trying to get to him and actually took chunks of the concrete out!  And then, in his haste to run while throwing stuff in the dumpster, he totally jacked his finger, it is a mess! 

Out of curiosity, any idea why this pig is in the land of the living?  It wouldn't be for long around here...

Funny you said that because my dh got trapped at a job by a rouge pot bellied pig today! And the only person home was the daughter who ispug terrified of it and she told him it knows how to open a car door! He had a chair in one hand and a broken picnic table in the other trying to fend it off. He said it was biting the concrete steps trying to get to him and actually took chunks of the concrete out! And then, in his haste to run while throwing stuff in the dumpster, he totally jacked his finger, it is a mess!

Oh my--at least neighbor pig here is not aggressive. If it was I'd surely have called animal control. I keep forgetting to look it up but I think ours isn't a pot belly. It looks like a regular pig. Which probably isn't allowed with our HOA but unless it gets out you'd never even know it was there.

Activity co-ordinators who send out registration information with deadlines for said registration and payment for a short-term weekly commitment, but the activity "dates and times are to be determined". Ugh! Hello!? How can we commit if we don't know IF we can commit. You're not the only activity in town!

• Like 4

Collection calls for the deadbeat scumbag who used to have my phone number ages ago (it is coming up to six years that we have had this number and they still call) and the a-hole who took my call today to take our phone number of their list since Mr. Scumbag doesn't have this number and the only thing I know about him is that he is a deadbeat.  SHe decided to lecture me about how maybe he isn't a deadbeat.  Yeah, right. That is why you wanted his address to deliver something-  that something is a court document I am sure based on the other messages I have had left on my machine and all the collection warnings on my machine for Mr. Deadbeat.

• Like 1

I'm irrationally annoyed at all the people who are posting on Facebook or other social media outlets about "having" to homeschool their kids now b/c of *insert political discussion that this post is NOT about*. I hate how they're suggesting it like it's a second class undertaking. "Welp, guess I have to *homeschool* my kids now! Can you believe that?! How terrible!" 

I know this is a stupid thing to be annoyed about. This probably has a lot to do with my Feb doldrums but I'm over people acting like the choice I make happily (not in Feb) and willingly is a crazy zombie apocalypse last resort. I wouldn't doom and gloom using public school on my social media page, in any circumstance, b/c that's just rude.

Whew! I feel better. 

• Like 1

Attention nasty, smoking neighbor: I understand the fact that the rights of smokers to pollute the air trump the rights of non-smokers to breathe. It stinks (literally) but life's not fair, and I have to accept that. What I DON'T have to do is pretend to be happy about the fact that I cannot use the deck, windows, and yard of the house that I pay mortgage and taxes on. And I don't have to pretend that it is in any way AT ALL okay that I have spent countless nights wide awake and miserable from asthma attacks and all the albuterol I have had to use after being exposed to your vile, filthy cr@p!

p.s. The next time you tell the rescue dog I am trying very hard to train and restrain to "git" another neighbor, you d@mn well better run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. The dog doesn't bite, but I have taken about all I can of your nonsense, and *I just might!*

Ahhhh. That's better.

• Like 2

Oh, I needed this today!

I'm quoting myself because karma seems to have joined the party.  The parents are leaving tomorrow for a trip.  The wife gave her boss notice weeks ago, then again this week, and is fretting because he hasn't gotten back to her on getting the day off.

I was very sympathetic.  "That must be terrible!"  :lol:

• Like 4