Menu

Prayers please

JustEm

I went in for a prenatal appointment and they could not find a heartbeat on the Doppler. Doctor is hoping my dates are off but I know they aren't. I chart because we practice natural family planning so I know the day I conceived. I'm 12 weeks along so it is possible that everything is ok because the heartbeat isn't always heard this early. I have an ultrasound tomorrow.

I'm just not hopeful at the moment because my sister, who was a week behind me, found out yesterday that her baby died a couple weeks ago. My last miscarriage was withing a week of 2 of my sil's miscarriages. So while it may be coincidental I'm still filled with a little extra dread.

Prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm sorry! I hate it when that happens. Twelve weeks is still a little early to reliably find a heartbeat on a Doppler, just depending on where baby is and how quick they are moving. If your uterus is tipped like mine it becomes even harder. I am praying your ultrasound shows a sneaky baby and not that anything is amiss. Hugs!

I'm sorry! I hate it when that happens. Twelve weeks is still a little early to reliably find a heartbeat on a Doppler, just depending on where baby is and how quick they are moving. If your uterus is tipped like mine it becomes even harder. I am praying your ultrasound shows a sneaky baby and not that anything is amiss. Hugs!

Yeah me too. My nausea and exhaustion disappeared seemingly overnight about 2 weeks ago, so that is another thing to cause concern. They had me basically in bed constantly for a good 3 weeks and then poof gone. Same thing happened with the previous miscarriage. Another reason I'm struggling with being hopeful but another thing that can be completely normal. We'll see tomorrow.

I'm kind of in the same boat - spotting on and off for weeks and low symptoms except exhaustion, but my ultrasound last month was good and I appear to be growing in size. I have an appointment tomorrow with an ultrasound and am so nervous the spotting isn't just a subchorionic hematoma, but we won't know until then. Low symptoms and Doppler issues always freak me out but I remind myself I have bled in three of six healthy pregnancies and have had almost no symptoms except some food aversions and tiredness for every single kid, so it's not a good tell for me of how things are progressing. My worst symptoms are 4-7 weeks and then they pretty much disappear.

Like I said, I'm praying for you. It's an awful place to be - the not knowing.

I'm kind of in the same boat - spotting on and off for weeks and low symptoms except exhaustion, but my ultrasound last month was good and I appear to be growing in size. I have an appointment tomorrow with an ultrasound and am so nervous the spotting isn't just a subchorionic hematoma, but we won't know until then. Low symptoms and Doppler issues always freak me out but I remind myself I have bled in three of six healthy pregnancies and have had almost no symptoms except some food aversions and tiredness for every single kid, so it's not a good tell for me of how things are progressing. My worst symptoms are 4-7 weeks and then they pretty much disappear.

I will pray your ultrasound goes well tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers.

Just prayed for you and a healthy pregnancy!
  • Like 2

Yeah me too. My nausea and exhaustion disappeared seemingly overnight about 2 weeks ago, so that is another thing to cause concern. They had me basically in bed constantly for a good 3 weeks and then poof gone. Same thing happened with the previous miscarriage. Another reason I'm struggling with being hopeful but another thing that can be completely normal. We'll see tomorrow.

I had this same experience - pregnant in early 2015, one day all miserable symptoms disappeared, miscarried 2 weeks later (and it was pretty clear the baby had not been viable for a couple of weeks, as it was not a 12 week old fetus in terms of development).

Then had a successful pregnancy and baby (who is now 1.5) and got pregnant again last fall.  Was certain I had miscarried as I had the same feeling one day of poof, no more nausea and exhaustion, but am due in a month and all is still well.

I think that once you have a miscarriage like that, you're really attuned to those kinds of symptoms, which are almost always *not* an impending miscarriage.

Good luck to you for the ultrasound :)  At my 14 week appt. they missed the heartbeat too, but I had an US the same day so had already seen the baby moving around.

• Like 1

Well in an attempt to distract myself and make the morning go quickly I cleaned my entire downstairs! Time to head to an appointment. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. I'll update later on.

Way to go on the cleaning. I'm praying for you this morning!

Everything is ok with the baby! Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts

That's wonderful! I'm glad everything looks great! My appointment is tomorrow morning and I'm crossing all fingers. I did eat a muffin this afternoon that has made me horribly nauseous so I'm hopefully despite the spotting ;)

So glad all is well for you!

Fwiw, my last little guy hid from the Doppler at 12 weeks; the midwife tried and tried for like twenty minutes but could not get him at all.  But when we got the ultrasound done later that day, there he was right away, waving his little hand at us.  He's almost three now and still delights in being mischievous. ;)

Well we couldn't get this one on Doppler for me either, but my ultrasound looked beautiful and there was no apparent cause for the spotting. Woohoo!

I'm glad neither of us has sad news.

Well we couldn't get this one on Doppler for me either, but my ultrasound looked beautiful and there was no apparent cause for the spotting. Woohoo!

I'm glad neither of us has sad news.

Yay for healthy baby! I'm so thrilled for you too!

Sara

Mom to 8yo DD (3rd grade), 6yo DS (1st grade) and 4yo DS (preschool)