Menu

Which do you hate doing more?

gingersmom

Shoveling hands down.  We don't have much to mow though.  It can be done in under 10 minutes.  But shoveling can take a lot longer than that.

I don't mow the lawn until summer.  It's too hard on my allergies at the moment. 

I will say though that I hate gardening.  I'd rather shovel than garden.

Snow is worse.  

So so so so so so so so so so so so SO much worse.  :P

DH has to stay at work if it snows, helping shovel.  While that makes for a lot of hours and a nice paycheck, it's not worth it because shoveling SUCKS.  :lol:  

We don't have to do any driveway shoveling but I really don't care.  I hate snow.  With a passion.  I hate cold weather.  YUCK.  :ack2:

I'm so happy warm weather is here.  I'll take freshly mowed grass, green trees, and warmth and sunshine ANY day over the hell that I call winter.  :D

• Like 1

We've got a huge yard and a push mower. There is just a bit of drive to shovel, and the mail delivers to the road, so I prefer shoveling here. It was different in our old home. I did make sure I have far less landscaping/beds to weed in this home though. I detest pulling weeds.

I would rather mow any day.  Not a fan of that frozen white plague.  I'd rather do just about anything than have to work out in the freezing cold.

ETA: we've lived in MN (brr!) and in the south...and currently have 3 acres to mow/weed/maintain.  Still would rather deal with the green stuff.

Do you hate shoveling/snow blowing snow or mowing lawn (and general lawncare such as pulling weeds that grow back as soon as I pick them!)

Can you guess I just mowed lawn for the first time this season?

Is it close to winter yet?

I moved from a property that was 1 acre and required a lot of care.  Dh mowed it, but I still had to weed, and prune, and plant things, and pick up walnuts, etc.  I strongly disliked working out in the yard.  

But, I love winter and snow.

Now I live somewhere that required a good chunk of hours to clear our (very small) driveway.  I learned how to use a snowblower and I shovelled a lot.  I didn't mind a bit.  My lovely family and friends would tell me about how their flowers were coming up and I was not jealous because I knew I'd rather be shovelling snow than weeding.

The snow is almost all gone and we're starting to see a tiny bit of green in our grass.  Thankfully, we have a tiny little yard and it's all grass - no flower beds, no weeding!

I would rather shovel snow, and I have more snow than yard, lol.  But OTOH, I am terribly allergic to grass and I cannot mow the lawn so I don't have to, lol. So, I prefer to shovel snow but I have very little experience with yard work.

I find show shoveling to be meditative. Yard work makes me wheeze and break out in terrible hives.

Shoveling is much worse - its hard & heavy & cold & wet.  

At least when I mow the lawn, the lawn mower moves forward on it's own.  I just have to squeeze the 'go thingy' and walk behind it.  As long as I don't have to bag the clippings....then it's a tie.  

Neither....that's what I have sons for. :laugh:

For real though....I have bad allergies, so I can't handle the mowing, but the shoveling is much more strenuous. If I had to choose, I would mow.

Do you hate shoveling/snow blowing snow or mowing lawn (and general lawncare such as pulling weeds that grow back as soon as I pick them!)

Can you guess I just mowed lawn for the first time this season?

Is it close to winter yet?

I love mowing lawn. I'd rather do lawncare than any other task, especially dishes, lol. Unfortunately my kids share my enthusiasm and I don't get to mow. Liz mows with the rider, Tim does the trim, and I get nothing. It's very sad.