Menu

How many main meals do you have in your everyday repertoire?

morningcoffee

I have about 10 main meals that I just rotate through. That's 10 meals I know everyone will eat.

Sometimes a meal drops from the rotation and is replaced by something else but it doesn't change the overall number.

I think 10 meals is probably on the low side but I have some picky eaters, budget restraints (who hasn't!) and no desire to do anything fancy :) 

I try new recipes several times a week, sometimes they are hits and sometimes they aren't. I don't really rotate through meals though. I try to keep things pretty simple though, and we eat paleo, so often it's just meat plus a veggie or two.

I'm much less adventurous. I only try a handful of new recipes each year :) 

I try new recipes regularly too. Although the amount I'm brave enough to try has grown a lot over the years. The more I do the more confident I am in what I could play with and what won't work in our household.

For weeks that I just need to stick with what we know and love, there are about 15 meals in that go to list.

21-28 that I rotate through. Some are as simple as roast chicken, veggies, salad. There's a bit of seasonality, too; we do more grilled or lighter melas in the summer, more soups and stews in the winter.

As I mentioned in a different thread, I planned 21 meals for this month. Most were favorites already, but I tried a couple of new dishes. One turned out to be meh -- edible but not spectacular -- so it'll get replaced, but we found a couple of new favorites that will remain in the rotation.

Can you guys list some meals you make on a regular basis?  Some of us need to know!

Here are mine:

Tacos/Burritos

Spaghetti 

Stir Fry

Chicken Curry

Burgers

Pizza (Kirkland Frozen, I don't make it)

Pot Stickers (Again, frozen)

Rotisserie Chicken (after a Costco visit)

Baked potato night

Steak

Salmon

We eat a lot of rice, so we typically have rice in the fridge to heat up if people want it.

We have 10 meals although a few of those are rare like once every two months or so. We pretty much have a schedule. We eat the same things on the same days of the week. An example is Monday is roast beef in the crockpot. We're very predictable. It gets boring sometimes and I'll decide to try a new recipe but so far there has been only one dish we liked that we eat on a regular basis. Everything else has not impressed. Of course, I hate cooking so our meals are really simple.

DawnM, here's an idea of our week:

Monday: roast beef

Tuesday: Chinese takeaway

Wednesday: chicken tetrazzini or jambalya

Thursday: pastys (if there is leftover roast beef) or broiled chicken

Friday: Subway or pizza

Saturday: pork chops

Sunday: broiled chicken (if not on Thursday) or bean soup

Occasional: shepard's pie, spaghetti, meatloaf

Off the top of my head:

Chicken/poultry:

Grilled with "Italian" seasoning or dressing

Greek w/ Greek salad fixings and pitas

Baked with diced potatoes & garlic butter

Buffalo chicken dip w/chips or made into quesadillas or taquitos

Breaded tenders and fries

Ground chicken tacos or quesadillas

Roast turkey breast

Beef:

Ground beef tacos

London broil with baked potatoes or pan fried potatoes

"Goulash"

Shredded beef sandwiches

BBQ beef

Other:

Soup and cold cut or grilled sandwiches

Pasta and meatballs & sausage

Lasagne

Penne with chicken and vodka sauce

Lazy Pierogi

Breakfast for dinner

Hamburgers/hotdogs/Italian sausage on grill

Pizza...homemade or frozen or takeout

Red beans and rice with sausage

Sides are usually a tossed salad or spinach salad and frozen veggie in winter. Local-ish seasonal stuff in summer

Gosh, to list them might take a while--

I'll try...

Spagetti

Baked chicken with parmesan crust

chicken and rice

whole chicken (served with different sides--usually mashies and salad, and veg depends on season--asparagus is a spring fav, for example)

chicken noodle or chicken and rice soup

chicken enchiladas

shepherd's pie (only on nights I'm out, as I don't like it!)

shrimp alfredo

honey lime shrimp

shrimp creole

hamburgers

chili (winter only)

beef stew (winter)

stuffed peppers

meat loaf

tacos--hard shelled or soft shelled

lasagna

baked ziti

pork tenderloin

pork chops (not as often, because I just don't cook them very well)

quinoa salad

pasta salad (in the summer only)

various pizzas (every Fri)

"smokey po"--peppers, onions, potatoes and kielbasa or smoked sausage, all mixed together

sausage, hot dogs, or steak sandwiches

That's all I can think of at the moment.

We rotate thru depending on season, sales, and what we feel like. We plan 7 dinners a week and shop for them once a week. Sides vary, but include rice, bagged frozen veggies, various green salads, fresh vegs, various forms of potatoes and occasionally pierogies or something similar.

I made a list recently and it had something like 25 meals on it, but it seems like we still eat the same things again and again.

Here are the entrees we eat. For the ones that don't incorporate a starch, we have rice, potatoes, bread, corn, etc. on the side. We always have salad, a raw vegetable platter, or two cooked vegetables.

Oven-fried chicken (currently everybody's favorite)

Ginger chicken (stir-fried with mushrooms) over rice

Sauteed chicken breasts with lemon parmesan gravy

Stovetop chicken parmesan (lightly breaded, with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce) over pasta

Coconut chicken curry over rice

Half turkey breast with gravy

Spaghetti with meat sauce (Italian turkey sausage)

Pork chops with apple cider pan sauce (becomes a wine-based pan sauce when fresh cider is out of season)

Pork chops marinated in beer

Jerk pork wraps with tropical fruit and garlic lime mayo

Cuban-style grilled pork tenderloin (with lime, cumin, garlic)

Roast pork tenderloin with rosemary and garlic

Steak with bearnaise butter (the bernaise butter is pre-packaged in a tub)

Roast beef with horseradish cream sauce

Beef stir fry with veggies and rice

Pasta with shrimp, green beans, and sun-dried tomatoes

Baked salmon with horseradish topping

Baked salmon with mango salsa

Tliapia with soy-ginger sauce over rice

Tilapia with dill butter

Mixed fondue (beef, chicken, shrimp, veggies) cooked in chicken broth

I made a list recently and it had something like 25 meals on it, but it seems like we still eat the same things again and again.

Here are the entrees we eat. For the ones that don't incorporate a starch, we have rice, potatoes, bread, corn, etc. on the side. We always have salad, a raw vegetable platter, or two cooked vegetables.

Stovetop chicken parmesan (lightly breaded, with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce) over pasta

Pork chops with apple cider pan sauce (becomes a wine-based pan sauce when fresh cider is out of season)

Tilapia with dill butter

So what time is dinner?  :drool5:

Tilapia with dill butter

This is food that I would love. If Sparkly doesn't eat everything, could I have some too?

ETA I could be in Baltimore by 5, but I would need a few more meals because of the impending snowstorm.

I honestly don't know how many we have.  Mostly I cook whatever I feel like eating for the day.  There are a couple of months during the year where we are gone more than we are home and then I will meal plan so I don't have to think about it each day and I make sure to have meat thawed but the rest of the year sometime between breakfast and midafternoon I will think about supper.  If I start thinking earlier in the day, I will get the meat out to thaw, if it's later in the day, it will likely be something with hamburger as I can thaw that quicker than most things. 

Most big meals/fancy meals I "think" we probably only eat once a month (a roasted whole bird or homemade pizza) but then we eat a lot of similar things with slight variations.  For instance we might have spaghetti with hamburger and sauce poured over the noodles.  Or I might mix pork sausage with the hamburger, or I might put the mixture in a pan and bake it with mozzarella cheese on top, or I might stir a container of cottage cheese in before adding the mozzarella cheese. Or I might add meatballs or saute onions, peppers,and mushrooms to add to the sauce etc.  In my mind any of these are spaghetti but they are all a little different depending on the time I have and what ingredients I have in the house.

We also eat  "quesadillas"  almost weekly but one week it might be leftover turkey, peppers onions with salsa.  Another week it will be leftover chicken, onions, peppers, black beans and rice with salsa.  Or maybe it will be leftover pork, with veggies leftover couscous and barbeque sauce or maybe it be leftover beef with veggies and sauce.  All will have cheese added and baked in the oven until the tortillas are crispy but they are never really the same because I just gather the leftovers in the fridge and make a filling.

We eat soup every week but again, it's dependent on what meat I roasted that week and then what I feel like making with eat.  we have at least 6-7 soup variations that everyone will eat so it's not likely we will have the same soup twice in one month (I'm talking suppers only because our lunches are always leftovers, I only cook a fresh supper each day)

I have always liked to cook, but I felt I was in a bit of a rut. So I decided to put a bit more effort into planning.

The main thing I am doing now is trying to cook with seasonal winter vegetables. We have had grilled fennel, roast fennel with Parmesan, fennel and orange salad, kale done a few ways, grilled radicchio, celery root remoulade, etc. A few days ago, I did roast carrots, parsnips, and turnips (instead of potatoes) with a leg of lamb. I have some beets that I will roast with cinnamon, using a recipe in Paula Wolfert's Morocco cookbook. Dd and I look for recipes, shop, and cook together. We use the Oxford Book of Food Plants to learn more about the botany and history of each veggies.

We have done some quiches recently-- ham and leek, bacon and Swiss cheese -- that we have with homemade soup and winter greens salads.

Next up, I am getting an Ethiopian cookbook from the library. As Orthodox Christians, they have a lot of fasting days and great veggie recipes. Dd and I made a trip to Penzey's to get berbere and other spices and herbs.

We are also doing some cooked desserts a few times a week. I had forgotten how much I loved rice pudding. Have to be careful though, could not stop eating it. I have always liked fruit compotes, so started doing them again -- last week, it was poached pears in a caramel sauce.

This is a great site for winter veggies:

http://localfoods.about.com/od/searchbyseason/a/wintervegetables.htm

Go to meals that all 3 of us will eat (DS has sensory issues that he is gradually outgrowing and we are working to expand his culinary horizon bit by bit):

Pasta with pesto and/or red sauce

Sushi

Pancakes

French Toast

Eggs

Vegetarian General Tso's Surprise

Salmon patties and homemade fries

Baked ziti

Homemade pizza

Baked Cod

Grilled Swordfish

Lobstah rolls

Vegetarian hotdogs, fries, and veggie

Veggie Burgers

Grilled cheese sandwiches, made in a variety of ways

It really depends on where we're living and what ingredients I can find.  If I had everything from laghman noodles to Seville oranges in my neighborhood all the time, we wouldn't have to eat anything more than 2-3 times a year. But that, sadly, is not reality.  Cooking new things is how I survive moving so often.

Here are some things we love:

Bhutanese cheese curry

Chilaquiles

Chickpeas with paneer

Khachapuri

Niramish

Potato curry

Cabbage galette

Bulgar pilaf with carmelized onions

Kichree

Green or red enchiladas with jocoque, rajas, and queso

Enchiladas with egg and tomato sauce

Several other enchiladas

Tacos with many different fillings

Lots of different moles

Koshary

Chicken kebabs with yogurt, turmeric, and mint

Burmese chicken salad

Chicken in garlic sauce

Chicken with rajas and crema

Various grilled chicken recipes from southeast Asia

Sweet and sour chicken

Chicken baked in cream

Chicken pot pie

Fish with hot chile oil

Fish cake salad

Fish curry

Fish with rajas and crema

Several fish soups

Fish with tahini

Fish with coconut milk and turmeric

Sweet and spicy fish

Fish with toasted garwlic

5 more fish recipes

About 7 different khao swe recipes

Pad Thai

Laghman

Sweet and spicy noodles

Mohinga

Noodles with greens and lots of sauce

Sesame noodles with cabbage

Peanut noodles

Lots of different fried rices

Greek rice with spinach and feta

Rice with peanuts

Pulao with chicken and pumpkin

Pilao with garbanzos

Plov

Sabzi pilao

Pilao with potatoes

Bibimbap

7 different red lentil soups

Tofu soup

Rice soup from Cambodia

Onion soup

Various hot pots

Corn chowder

Various chicken soups

Various egg curries

Various southeast Asian egg dishes

Tortas

Banh mi

Sunday: Breakfast for Dinner (sometimes w/bacon or sausage)

Pancakes

Waffles

French Toast

Bread Pudding

Muffins/Quick Breads (blueberry/banana/pumpkin)

French Toast Cups

Breakfast Burritos

Omelets

Monday: Pasta

Spaghetti & Meatballs

American Chop Suey

Ravioli

Lasagna

Linguini & Shrimp

Cold Pasta Salad (summer)

Tuesday: Roast (leftovers to be used later in the week)

Pot Roasted Beef

Oven Roasted Ă¢â‚¬â€œ Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Pork, or Lamb

Stew Ă¢â‚¬â€œ Lamb or Beef

Wednesday: Wild Card

Meatloaf

Sloppy Joes

Sweet & Savory Meatballs w/rice

ShepherdsĂ¢â‚¬â„¢ Pie

Chicken Sandwiches

Chicken Fingers

Chicken Casserole w/rice

Chicken over Green Salad

Grilled Split-Chicken Breasts (or spatchcocked chicken)

Baked Fish

Pork Chops (pan fried)

Pork Ribs Boneless (grilled or broiled)

Pork Rack of Ribs (baked)

Soup (chicken/broccoli/chowder - corn or seafood) & Grilled Sandwiches (cheese/reuben/turkey)

Egg Rolls

2-3x/year: Grilled or Broiled Steak  (London Broil/Cow Tenderloin/Sirloin Tips)

Thursday: Mexican w/refried beans & salsa

Tacos

Burritos w/rice

Enchiladas w/rice

Red Chili w/corn bread

White Chili

Friday:  Takeout

Chinese

Subs

Pizza

Saturday: Hamburgers & Hotdogs

w/french fries (winter) or potato salad (summer)

We always try to serve protein/starch/veges/dairy for dinner.  Starches are usually white/yellow potatoes mashed, roasted chunks, baked, or fries; sweet potatoes roasted chunks, baked, or fries; brown rice; couscous; mac n cheese; bread stuffing, whole wheat bread; rolls or biscuits; occasionally corn or corn bread.  Veges are usually a side dish such as broccoli, beans, squash, peas, carrots, cole slaw or toppings such as avocado, spinach, romaine, and/or tomatoes.  We eat seasonal fresh veges from the supermarket or our own garden, or stored frozen ones.  What we decide to make in any given week is determined by what is on sale at the local supermarket/butcher/SamĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Club, and what we have in the freezer (stocking up when itĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s on sale).  We use a lot of Ă¢â‚¬Å“bargainĂ¢â‚¬ meat.

By mixing up combinations, the meals donĂ¢â‚¬â„¢t get tiresome.  We make most everything from scratch, and add nuts and/or fruits to our baked goods.  Admittedly, sometimes we get off track and our menu days get mixed up, but in general we stick to the schedule which makes it easy to know what to make for dinner on any given night.  Everyone in my family happily eats all of these meals.

ETA: DH does about 1/2 the cooking, and we each have meals in which we specialize.

I have a lot of meals. I don't think we could be said to have a set number of meals that we rotate through. Also, now that dd is a vegetarian there are way fewer meals that everyone can eat. Here are some of our favorites.

Enchiladas

Nachos 

Italian sausage soup

Cajun dirty rice

Pizza steak

Pizza (dh makes this)

Stir Fry

Orange Chicken (Pioneer Woman's recipe is the best IMO, and I have tried a lot of Orange Chicken recipes)

Mongolian Beef

Cashew Chicken

Chow Mein

Roasted Chicken

Oven Fried Chicken

Spaghetti Carbonera 

Pasta Alfredo with different kinds of meat.

Today we are having gumbo for the first time. I have never made or eaten gumbo, so we will see how that goes. I made it yesterday and we will eat it today after church.

It really depends on where we're living and what ingredients I can find. If I had everything from laghman noodles to Seville oranges in my neighborhood all the time, we wouldn't have to eat anything more than 2-3 times a year. But that, sadly, is not reality. Cooking new things is how I survive moving so often.

Here are some things we love:

Bhutanese cheese curry

Chilaquiles

Chickpeas with paneer

Khachapuri

Niramish

Potato curry

Cabbage galette

Bulgar pilaf with carmelized onions

Kichree

Green or red enchiladas with jocoque, rajas, and queso

Enchiladas with egg and tomato sauce

Several other enchiladas

Tacos with many different fillings

Lots of different moles

Koshary

Chicken kebabs with yogurt, turmeric, and mint

Burmese chicken salad

Chicken in garlic sauce

Chicken with rajas and crema

Various grilled chicken recipes from southeast Asia

Sweet and sour chicken

Chicken baked in cream

Chicken pot pie

Fish with hot chile oil

Fish cake salad

Fish curry

Fish with rajas and crema

Several fish soups

Fish with tahini

Fish with coconut milk and turmeric

Sweet and spicy fish

Fish with toasted garwlic

5 more fish recipes

About 7 different khao swe recipes

Pad Thai

Laghman

Sweet and spicy noodles

Mohinga

Noodles with greens and lots of sauce

Sesame noodles with cabbage

Peanut noodles

Lots of different fried rices

Greek rice with spinach and feta

Rice with peanuts

Pulao with chicken and pumpkin

Pilao with garbanzos

Plov

Sabzi pilao

Pilao with potatoes

Bibimbap

7 different red lentil soups

Tofu soup

Rice soup from Cambodia

Onion soup

Various hot pots

Corn chowder

Various chicken soups

Various egg curries

Various southeast Asian egg dishes

Tortas

Banh mi

Wow, just wow. This sounds amazing. Well, I will have to google to see what some of this is, but I am hungry thinking about the possibilities.

I already found a cabbage galette recipe. This never would have occurred to me, and it sounds delicious.

Roast slab o'meat -- chicken, pork, beef, venison, ham.

Stew -- beef, carrots, mushrooms, onions.

Spaghetti with ground beef or sausage.

Burgers

Tuscan chicken stew -- from South Your Mouth site

Hobbit chicken -- has nothing to do with hobbits, but that's what my kids call it; it's chicken breasts or thighs with pesto sauce

Ground turkey meatballs with BBQ sauce -- including green pepper or onions or both

Pork chops with parmesan sauce or mushroom gravy

Fish fillets cooked with salsa and Mexican spices and sometimes black beans, shredded and turned into tacoish things

Beef tacos

Chicken fajita casserole -- chicken strips baked in a pan with red onions and sliced peppers, Mexican spices, topped with cheese and sour cream (this freezes really well)

Baked salmon -- can be as simple as some lemon juice, salt, and pepper

Italian chicken -- throw frozen green beans in dutch oven and top with mushrooms, sliced onions, Italian seasoning, diced chicken breast, and diced tomatoes; cook until done. Top with parmesan and serve with pasta if desired. Also freezes well.

Mexican green chile and pinto bean casserole -- this was surprisingly good; I can find the recipe if anyone wants me to post it.

Sausage sauerkraut soup -- onions, mushrooms, carrots, sauerkraut, kielbasa, chicken broth

Sausage (ground, usually) with red onions and sliced peppers, sauteed until cooked, with balsamic vinegar on top

Buffalo meatloaf -- ground turkey, hot sauce, bleu cheese, and celery, all mixed together

Buffalo chicken anything -- shredded chicken, hot sauce mixed together, either baked with a layer of cream cheese on the bottom and one of shredded cheddar cheese on top and served with chips, or on rolls with bleu cheese for dipping

Regular meatloaf -- onions, mushrooms, ground beef

Spicy ground turkey and bean soup -- I can post that recipe too.

Minestrone soup

Grilled chicken Caesar salad -- we eat this in the summer when nobody wants a heavy meal.

Spanakopitta

Greek meat pie -- these last two are worth the extra effort and carbs.

I forget what else was on my menu list. I can't check right now, because if I click out of this app and into OneNote, it'll erase everything I've typed. I can come back. But there's an idea of the things I cook with any sort of regularity.

Wow, just wow. This sounds amazing. Well, I will have to google to see what some of this is, but I am hungry thinking about the possibilities.

I already found a cabbage galette recipe. This never would have occurred to me, and it sounds delicious.

I'd made sweet galettes often, but a few years ago it occurred to me to make savory ones.  I also do one with sweet potatoes and a tart apple.  It's amazing.

MEAL IDEAS
Breakfasts:
cereal egg hole sandwich
fruit smoothies
muffins
pancakes
oatmeal waffles
waffles
oatmeal
bagels
breakfast burrito

Lunches: tend to be 'what you can fix for yourself'   
pizza
mac and cheese
vegĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s with hummus
turkey sandwiches
quesadilla
p, b & j sandwiches
hot dogs
LEFTOVERS
grilled cheese/tomato soup
baked potatoes

Dinners:
A whole meal of roast vegetables has been happening once or twice a week lately  
taco salad
lasagna
sour cream. enchiladas
Cincinnati chili
tacos
sour kraut & sausage
grilled chicken
homemade pizza (most Friday nights)
wild rice & chicken
lasagna
breakfast/omelets
stuffed shell enchilada
sub sandwiches
spaghetti
hamburgers
chicken  quesadilla 
tamales
Chicken/Cheese/ rice casserole
Soups:
white bean
chili
taco soup
black bean soup
lasagna soup
tortilla soup
creamy chicken noodle soup
meatball pasta minestrone
Mexican Stew
lentil
Pasta e fagioli

Desserts/Snacks:

brownies
MaryĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Squares
apple crisp
lemon bars
ice cream
Mexican Cheesecake
chocolate topped bars
fruit

My "go to" meals are simple ones that involve ingredients I have on hand and no recipe or a very simple recipe.   I cook those probabl 5x a week, with 2x a week making either a more elaborate meal or a never-before-tried recipe.

My go-to meals (off the top of my head):

- roast chicken

- chicken noodle soup (from leftover roast chicken)

- spaghetti with meat sauce

- pasta alfredo

- homemade pizza

- burgers

- brats with a good crusty baguette for bun

- chicken salad (either a mayo based one or just roast chicken over greens and veggies)

- tacos

- burritos

- osso bucco in slow cooker

- pork tenderloin with sweet soy glaze

- duck filets

- lemon chicken thighs

- sweet and sour chicken

- foil wrapped chicken minus the foil

- stir fry

- chicken satay

- chili

- shrimp fried rice

- fondue

- grilled cheese sandwiches

- meat loaf

- teriyaki chicken

- loaded baked potatoes

- omelets

- butternut squash and bacon risotto

- veggie soup with cornbread

- black bean tostadas

- salmon cakes

Wow!  I make a lot of stuff with no/minimal recipes!  Cool.

-

This is my rotation:

1. Quiche

2. Roast Chicken

3. Pesto Salmon or MahiMahi

4. Pakistani Kima or Korean Beef

5. Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo or Chicken Tetrazzini

6. Honey Baked Lentils or Monterey Beans and Cheese

7. Scrambled Eggs and Noodles (aka "Noodley Eggs")

8. Meatloaf

9. Lasagna or Spagetti with meat sauce

10. Soup (fall/winter) or Main dish salad (spring/summer)

11. Try a new recipe day

12. Use up extra ingredients day

We have homemade pizza every Sunday so this is two weeks of meals. I try to have a nice mix of chicken (whole), ground beef, meatless, and fish. Plus I have room for experimentation and a plan to use up the odds and ends so that they won't languish in the fridge. 

I can't count how many.  I do a lot of mix & match.  For example: pasta--various shapes (spaghetti, linguini, rigatoni, macaroni, etc.) served with sauce. Sauce options include red with ground turkey/beef, red with meatballs, red with peppers & sausage, red with chicken, wine sauce with chicken, wine sauce with chicken and mushrooms, white or cheddar cheese sauce, cheese sauce with bacon, cheese sauce with chicken, white sauce with chicken and herbs, white sauce with seafood. Herbs and spices vary on my mood and garden.  Some variation of the chicken, seafood and sauces are served with rice. 

I similarly mix and match with Mexican style cooking. Tacos or enchiladas made from beef, chicken, pork, seafood or cheese, served with green or red sauce. About once a month or so, I do something similar with Indian food using yellow or green curry and mixing in whatever vegetables we have on hand.

Then there's soups. Ham bone with beans/split peas/lentils, chicken or turkey noodle (or rice) with vegetables, beef barley, gumbo, etc. etc. Soup is a great way to use leftovers.

When the weather is warm, we'll have some bbq, hamburger, chicken, ribs, steaks, hot dogs, etc. (with bbq appropriate side dishes.)

I go through periods of time when I'll get on some kick or another, and we'll have something a few times, then hardly ever again. Quiche is my newest (old) kick. I hadn't made it in years, and then last month I made it three times, and I want it again soon.

Plus, I serve bread and salads with most meals. My children like bread. I have one or two picky eaters, and since I sometimes make some unusual things for children, I usually offer sandwiches as a back-up option. Now I'm wondering if they'd be less picky if I didn't make such a large variety of foods.

Go to meals that all 3 of us will eat (DS has sensory issues that he is gradually outgrowing and we are working to expand his culinary horizon bit by bit):

Pasta with pesto and/or red sauce

Sushi

Pancakes

French Toast

Eggs

Vegetarian General Tso's Surprise

Salmon patties and homemade fries

Baked ziti

Homemade pizza

Baked Cod

Grilled Swordfish

Lobstah rolls

Vegetarian hotdogs, fries, and veggie

Veggie Burgers

Grilled cheese sandwiches, made in a variety of ways

Is the Vegetarian General Tso a homemade recipe or take out? If it's a recipe, would you share? :-)

We cycle though a lot of meals. This time of year, we do one or two soup nights a week, a casserole of some kind, mexican night, something involving pasta. I subscribe to a vegetarian meal planning service (similar to emeals) that I try to make a few new recipes a week from too. 

Soups: 

Lentil

potato leek

potato corn chowder

pasta fagioli

chickpea noodle

vegetable barley 

fire roasted tomato soup w/ spinach

butternut squash 

ginger carrot 

thai noodle soup

chilis

Casseroles: 

rice and bean 

vegetarian shepherds pie

chili casserole w/ cornbread

chickpeas and dumplings

veggie, rice casserole

Pasta:

mushroom stroganoff

spaghetti w/ eggplant or vegetarian sausages

baked ziti w/ veggies

vegetarian lasagna

asian stir fry noodles

tex-mex:

enchiladas

taco night - this past week I made smoky sweet potato, pinto bean tacos, but sometimes we go more traditional with beans and lettuce, avocado, etc

baked taquitos

nachos for dinner

nachos w/ baked potato slices instead of chips

fajitas

burritos

Breakfast for dinner - pancakes, scrambled tofu with breakfast potatoes

Homemade pizza night - usually once a month

Then there are various stir fries where I chop up whatever veggie we have, cook it up, make a sauce of some kind and serve over rice

I think we have more variety but they aren't really recipes. More like... Sausages tonight or fried chicken with whatever herbs or sauce I have on hand. Actual proper recipes might be around 20 but some of them get made all the time the others are made fairly rarely. It also depends on the budget.

We're eating early tonight because we have tickets to Annie. Can you be in Baltimore by 5?

A friend of mine on FB posted a picture of herself and her daughter in a theater in Baltimore about to watch Annie. Say hi to her during intermission for me, 'k? :) It's a small world.