Menu

I passed the LMFT test!(and an update)

Joanne

I passed the LPC over a year ago. I passed the LCDC last summer. The LMFT was, by far, the hardest of the licensing exams I qualify to take.

With some encouragement and support from kind, great people, I was able to register for the LMFT, get study materials, and find a study place (typically Dennys after work @ 10:00 p.m.) It was a tricky test to study for, and I was not confident. Not only was the material challenging, I was working many, many hours and usually exhausted.

So. I am MOVING ALONG my career/life plan. On the LMFTa license, I can hang my shingle as an independent practitioner. I am going to sublease some office space for every other Saturday, Friday afternoons and eventually Monday afternoons.

I like my new job (and I miss the old one which is a neat place to be). I love the people I work with, the role we play in the community, the marketing and community aspect of my new role.

I feel hopeful. I've been through hell and back - but I feel hopeful about building a rich, full life with career growth, financial stability, fun recreation, and the best physical shape I have been in since my 20's.

:party: :party: :party:

Joanne, I am so happy for you!!! You have been though so much, and many other people would have given up and given in to hopelessness a long time ago, but despite so many things going wrong and having so much to be responsible for and worry about, you had enough faith in yourself and enough determination to win out over all of it.

You have worked so incredibly hard, and overcome so many seemingly insurmountable obstacles, that I hope you are feeling amazingly proud of yourself right now.

Congratulations!!! :hurray:

Joanne, I am so happy for you!!! You have been though so much, and many other people would have given up and given in to hopelessness a long time ago, but despite so many things going wrong and having so much to be responsible for and worry about, you had enough faith in yourself and enough determination to win out over all of it.

You have worked so incredibly hard, and overcome so many seemingly insurmountable obstacles, that I hope you are feeling amazingly proud of yourself right now.

Congratulations!!! :hurray:

What she said! Congratulations!!!  :thumbup1:

Jackie