Menu

what brand of coffee do you drink?

ProudGrandma

We buy the silver bag of beans at Costco. I guess it is Kirkland brand Columbian. My husband prefers to grind fresh for each pot, so that's what we do. I came to coffee drinking late in life so I just follow his lead. It's good enough and fits our budget. No flavored coffee ever in this house. :)

:iagree: This what we do. It is approx $15.00 for a 3lb bag. It last us 2-3 weeks.

I have thought about trying Kirkland brand, but usually what I find is already ground and I don't want that.

It's so strange what some Costco's don't carry. I would say a majority of the coffee at our Costco is whole beans.

But, our Costco doesn't have booze.

When we don't use our keurig we like Community chicory, Maxwell House or Folgers.

For my K cups I like Tulley's House or French Roast, Donut Shop, New England Coffee, Gevalia Signature. DH likes Green Mountain Breakfast Blend.

It's so strange what some Costco's don't carry. I would say a majority of the coffee at our Costco is whole beans.

But, our Costco doesn't have booze.

Booze is dependent on the state laws. In Kansas City there are two, the one on Missouri side has booze but the one on the Kansas side does not.

Kickapoo (often the seasonal organic blend)

Alterra

Both locally roasted. I prefer light ish roasted Central American coffees since going to Costa Rica and having amazing coffee

I prefer the sludgy goodness from my French press

• 3 months later...

The highest quality coffee produced here in Colombia is exported. My wife is from the coffee growing region of Colombia. The coffee that we buy locally is very good, however, it is not as good as what you can buy in the USA. The "Export quality" is the finest quality.

We do not buy beans. We buy ground coffee. The past few years, we have been buying a brand called Sello Rojo. It is very strong. I buy it in 500 gram bags (approximately one pound) and the prices here include all taxes. At the current exchange rate, I am paying approximately USD$4.09 per 500 grams.

Before that, for many years, we purchased a brand called Aguila Rojo. It is not as strong as Sello Rojo. And, for many of those years, we purchased it in the Snack Bar of the superstore where we shopped and they had several extra blends of Aguila Rojo, that cost more (possibly 10 or 20% more), but were delicious. When they switched to selling another brand of coffee in the Snack Bar, we began purchasing coffee in the bags it is normally sold in and we have continued doing that.

The production of Coffee, as well as many other things, varies with the weather. So, if we have an unusually wet season, or an unusually dry season, you will notice some changes in the taste. Also, the weather greatly affects the quantity and quality of the coffee produced and you will see price fluctuations, because of that.

Please know that if you purchase Colombian coffee outside of Colombia you are getting the highest quality coffee produced here!

On this link, some of the photos show coffee that is growing here in Colombia:

http://www.istockphoto.com/search/text/colombia%20coffee/filetype/photos/source/basic#d205873

Lanny, that's so interesting! 

I didn't start drinking coffee until I came to Brazil, and so of course I'm partial to what I get here. We buy a brand called Cafe de Ponto, which is a high-end coffee shop. My favorite is their Aralto, which is all high-elevation grown, medium roast, super yummy, and incidentally grown just a few hours from us. It is hard to find and pricey compared to their other brands (well, not as pricey as their super special ones, one of which is fantastic, but at ~$25/pound, too $$ for normal consumption). The one I actually buy in the grocery store is their Exportation version, which is a darker roast, and a blend of beans from the 2 top coffee regions in Brazil. Not dark enough to have that burnt flavor, not as light as the medium, but yummy, yummy, yummy. 

We take it with us to the US to give as gifts (sneaky way of making sure we get good coffee when we stay with family); not sure what I'll do when we move back. DH will be traveling back & forth for a while, so he can keep me stocked while I figure it out. 

I did try, and love, a locally roasted TX one with pecan in it.....a friend gifted it to me, it's Lola Savannah Texas Pecan decaf. Fantastic option for evening coffee, and I plan to hunt up the full caf version when I get back. 

I'm curious if anyone else gets headaches from Folgers. 

If we have coffee, it's usually Eight o'Clock Italian Roast in a French press. (We usually drink organic Assam ordered in bulk from a tea importer for our pick me ups.) 

Our latest fad is coffee shakes made in the blender with ice, milk, protein powder, and instant coffee. The caffeine drinkers are now having theirs made with Aldi's. And the decaf drinkers' are made with Maxwell House. This started with my teen who had difficulty concentrating, but to be fair I have to make one for the younger one. Yummy, yummy.

I usually drink Eight O' Clock regular roast, but it isn't what I like.  I caretake for an elderly lady and it's what she drinks.  I prefer Green Mountain.

My family and my husband's family only drank Community Coffee (medium roast) when we were growing up so it was natural for us to love it too.  

Depending on where we have lived in the past 25 years in the military we could buy the CC at some stores since the CC is growing in national popularity, but we have had to mostly rely on trips back to see famliy to stock up and/or just order from the company.  We try to put a few packs in the freezer to make them last longer.

Vermont Coffee Company is hands down my favorite. Great coffee and easy to drink black too - smooth and tasty. I frequently do half VT coffee co. decaf and half green mtn coffee flavored in my coffeepot. This morning was half decaf and half pumpkin spice. yum!