Menu

Does anyone else here NOT wear makeup ever?

Luanne

I use to wear makeup about 10 years ago when I was out and about, working in real estate, since I don't deal with clients I haven't put on makeup in years and don't plan on it unless business requires. I threw out all my old makeup about 2 years ago (found out you are to change it if you don't use it often cause of bacteria etc.) My daughter is young (10) so lip gloss is about as much as we do with her, however when she is a little older we'll take her to a place to learn to put it all on so she has the skills if she decides to wear makeup. I can say that without makeup I don't have any face issues beside the occasional pimple (like anyone) I credit it all to not painting my face however I must confess sometimes I think it can enhance a women's face I just don't have the motivation or courage and am really cheap when it comes to buying myself things, I would rather get a good book.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only makeup I ever wear, and usually only when going out, is eyeliner. That's it.

I have that rosy complexion of the Irish. I had one boss ask me one day why I wore so much rouge on my face. I scrubbed my palm over one of my cheeks and held my hand out to him and said, "it's not rouge; it's all me!" He was quite embarrassed and immediately apologized.

I used to only wear makeup a couple of times a week. Church, going out to dinner, stuff like that. However, I've noticed in the past year or so (I'm 46) that my skin is looking much older. I've decided I want to look better and feel better about my appearance, so a few months ago I started wearing it all the time. I've also spent some time on youtube watching makeup tip videos.

About a week ago I went to pick up a prescription. I'm there regularly, so I've gotten to know some of the workers. The lady working that day said, "Your makeup looks really good. You don't usually wear any." So, I know it was noticed in the past. And, I know that I'm doing an okay job with application. :)

I used to wear makeup when I was in my teens and 20's. But haven't worn it much since then. It has probably been about 10 years since the last time I wore any.

However, I know quite a bit about it. Because I now have a 14yo dd :thumbup1: and she keeps me up on all the important things in life! I don't like to see thick makeup, especially on a teen, so we came to an agreement with her. She is allowed to wear it if it looks natural. If people look at her and see her first and the makeup second, then it is fine. However, if the first thing anyone notices is her makeup, then she is wearing too much and needs to go scrub some of it off. So far, so good with this.

I could yammer on about religious convictions, natural beauty, self acceptance, etc. but the bottom line is that while all of those things played a part in my decision at some point, these days I am just too cheap and too lazy to bother. I live at the end of a dead end road. Most days the only non-family living things I see are cows and horses. They don't seem to care what my face looks like as long as my hand is covered with treats.

I wear a little. At my age, I need it. Bare Minerals, colored Burt's Bees Lip Balm, a little eyeliner, mascara, and shadow. I've never liked the icky feel of other foundations - I always felt like I left flesh-colored smudges on everything!

Every day. Foundation, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara all in under 10 minutes. I could not love my Chanel foundation more and get compliments on my great "natural" skin all the time.

I wear concealer, powder, a bit of bronzer, eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss every day. It takes me about 5 minutes to apply and I feel more polished and happy with it on.

I don't have to wear make up now because my mum lives on the other side of the country and can't make me!

I loathe make up. Wearing it makes me want to sit in my room with a doona over my head until I've cried enough to wash it off.

I honestly can't remember the last time I wore any makeup or wore a dress. I also don't carry a purse.

Same here! And I have three boys too. I have always said that God gave me boys because I'd have no idea how to raise girls... ;)

I've also cautioned my boys that they may meet "real" girls in their lives and to be prepared for all of that if they opt to become close friends or marry one of them as they didn't get much life training with it with their upbringing. :laugh: (They all tell me they'll be looking for "my style" of girl! Time will tell. Cupid can do strange things.)

None here, ever. At 51, it is what it is. I'd probably look a lot better with makeup but it's just not me. My hair is going gray and I'm letting it, too.

I'm 54 and I have maybe a handful of gray hairs. I honestly wish I had more. I feel like I've earned the right, LOL.

I haven't worn makeup since my wedding day 14 yrs. ago. I don't like the look or feel of it or the time it takes to put it on in the morning. My DH has always said that I look better without it and, to be honest, I agree. The one thing I do wear is chapstick though, all. the. time. :)

I really haven't found a "foundation" that I like......Rarely I will wear a tinted moisturizer with SPF.....Rarely I will wear eye makeup and mascara......maybe a little blush--that's as much makeup as I do.....and it's been A LONG LONG TIME since I got all "made up".......I'm very fair and it's hard to find a color that doesn't make me look TOO made up......

I am a "light" makeup wearer. I typically only wear it when leaving the house. I also prefer a tinted moisturizer like Loreal's BB cream, a smidge of gloss, light shimmer of eyeshadow, wee bit of eyeliner and I am out the door. It takes me 2 minutes tops to do it all. I have black eyelashes, so no need for mascara :D

I enjoy makeup :) I have different levels of application.

For staying home all day, I wear mascara and lip gloss. I like the bit of color it brings to my face, especially when I chance upon my reflection.

For everyday I wear eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. It takes me longer to brush my teeth than to apply my make-up. I have a drawer full of lipsticks, 30+ tubes from nude to near-black and everything in between. My eyeliner and mascara are simple, and always black. My face is done in about 3 minutes.

For work days I add in foundation (Shisheido compact foundation applied with brush instead of accompanying sponge - goes on light and smooth) and blush. This still only takes a total of 5 minutes, if that.

For going out I add in eye shadow and false eyelashes, and I'll use BB cream then green concealer for any red around my nose before I apply foundation. This takes my total prep up to 10 minutes, give or take.

Make-up doesn't have to take a long time. It can, but it needn't.

Only when I'm on the stage. But then I'm someone else, not me.

But I did just dye a chunk of my hair pink. (Priorities...) I'm getting a lot of comments about that -- well, except from my boss, who seemed not to notice. I don't know if he's being polite, or if he really just can't see it due to his red-green colorblindness.

Makeup is too expensive, time consuming, and yucky feeling. If it's something I have to deal with every morning, it's not going to happen.

i wear light make-up here, maybe 2 minutes to put on. i wear dr. pepper chapstick, mascara, & this stuff called miracle blur (anti aging stuff - because i'm almost 42 and need it, lol). otherwise, i don't wear any. i look pretty much the same either way (well, my eyes probably look smaller without the mascara though and my skin tone isn't as polished). i religiously have a face routine though that involves washing and moisturizing 2x daily.

I don't wear make-up every day, but I probably should. My face is laid out a bit oddly, and a bit of stuff here and there makes me look a zillion times better. I know, everyone's face is different, but I somehow ended up with a couple unlucky cards when it comes to eye placement and bone structure. Those crazy little tips about "how to give yourself cheekbones" you'll see in those stupid magazines actually sort of work.

But I never wear foundation. If I had the money to buy really good foundation from the department store beauty counter I maybe would wear it for extra-special occasions. But drugstore foundation is pretty much all around awful stuff. I just use a bit of concealer, a bit of blush, a slight dusting of loose powder and then at least some liner and mascara for my eyes (they're my major trouble spot).

Never lipstick though. I do have nice lips (managed to pull a good card there at least) so it isn't necessary. My natural lip color always looks better on me. And my husband hates lipstick, and he's the one who has to kiss me. I did experiment with some stains for special occasions, but the last time I did that my 6yo took one look at me and ran away crying. Sooo....I guess I'm not doing that anymore.

Altogether, it takes less than 5 mins, and I think my husband likes when I do it. He never says anything when I don't put any one, but when I do he sometimes comments that "you seem to know how to put on make-up really well - not like the crazy things other women do." Okay sweetie, maybe you're being a bit passive aggressive??? lol. But, if meeting strangers is a special occasion to warrant a bit of preening, shouldn't I put in a bit of effort for my own husband?

The only time I have ever worn makeup is the time I put gobs of lipstick on so I could kiss my sister while she was sleeping.

Her reactions when she woke up and saw what I had done was priceless.

It is not because I am oh so beautiful. It is because I am oh so lazy and like the look of natural better.

99% of the time I only wear foundation and a light lipstick color. I keep them in my purse. A compact foundation and a small tube of lipstick.

1% of the time I will put on eye make up and mascara. I prefer not to bother because the mascara is a pain to take off.

Dawn

I wear makeup when going somewhere, unless it's just the grocery store or the thrift store. Although I once wore makeup to the grocery store because my hair was really dirty. I can have either no makeup or dirty hair, but both was just a little too much!

You guys are awesome though. I have a SIL who is no-makeup, but is very militant about it, and how the rest of us makeup wearers are slaves of culture and discrimination who lack self-esteem. Seriously - I wear it because I like it. Period.