Menu

I'm sad tonight.

Truscifi

Thanks everyone. He went peacefully surrounded by his wife, sister, and children, with quite a few of us grandkids just outside as well - just as he wanted. In a way it was wonderful, but it was awful too. My grandmother held his hand and just cried and cried. They had just celebrated their 68th anniversary two weeks ago.

:grouphug: I am so sorry you're going through this. I hate cancer. I'm so glad to hear your grandfather was surrounded by people who love him. When a loving family pulls together to help the dying one transition from this world, it's a sweet, sweet scene. Bittersweet, yes, but sweet, nonetheless.

I lost my mother to cancer last fall, after being one of her caregivers for 4 1/2 months. It's still hard to think about her and know I can't talk to her on the phone and to know I can't visit her anymore.

Do allow yourself to be sad. Let the tears of grief flow. They are healing.

:grouphug: I am so sorry you're going through this. I hate cancer. I'm so glad to hear your grandfather was surrounded by people who love him. When a loving family pulls together to help the dying one transition from this world, it's a sweet, sweet scene. Bittersweet, yes, but sweet, nonetheless.

I lost my mother to cancer last fall, after being one of her caregivers for 4 1/2 months. It's still hard to think about her and know I can't talk to her on the phone and to know I can't visit her anymore.

Do allow yourself to be sad. Let the tears of grief flow. They are healing.

:grouphug: to you as well. Cancer stinks.