Menu

My 14 yo was signed by a record/producing company!

dancer67

She was heard singing at two local events. This entertainment company(Legit), wanted to sign her. We talked about it, and we are giving her a trial run.

She has won first place for many songs she has written on her own. But she does a lot of cover songs, especially by Adele.

We are very excited for her. I just wanted to share!

Here is a sample of her cover to "Skyfall" by Adele. (ETA" She goes by her stage name "Cam")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGJHXDQSOWo&feature=g-all-u

Thank you!! Oh, we will be with her 100% of the time. Chances are good, she will probably do some tours with the local band. Making it in the big leagues is a doggie dog world. I feel as long as it is fun for her, and she tries that is all that matters. We are proud of her no matter what happens. But she has two very big commitments. Figure skating and now singing. I don't think we are going to be home much. Thank goodness for homeschooling!

Wow, she's something else! What a beautiful song, "A Soldier in Disguise." Did she have help arranging or playing the instrumentals, or is that all hers, too?

She has a tremendous gift!

Everything was all hers. She has a program that has background music that she chooses from. Then she tweaks it to make it her own. After she chooses the music, she has to claim it as her own, like a copyright. All the lyrics were written by her. She entered into a song writing contest to raise money for breast cancer research, and she was chosen. She sang at the benefit, and then was asked by the news if she would come on TV and sing it live. We have spoken to Susan G. Komen, and they are considering using it for one of their fundraisers. But she wrote this song last year and we haven't heard anything.

She brought the breast cancer survivors and those who are currently battling BC to tears. She was 13 when she wrote it and won.

I was crying myself. I know I could never write a song like that.

Thank you!

I still don't see the link/video/sound file. Why can everyone else see them and not me? I even turned off my fire-wall for a few minutes to see if that was the problem.

Try this: youtu.be/Y2nFceMsJhQ

ETA: I put in the youtube link and it posted as a video (like the above posts by Dancer).

See if you can copy/paste the above.

Try this: youtu.be/Y2nFceMsJhQ

ETA: I put in the youtube link and it posted as a video (like the above posts by Dancer).

See if you can copy/paste the above.

Thank you. Copy/paste worked. I can tell that there is a video embedded in the OP because there is a lot of white space below the main text, but that is all it is--white space.

Dancer, congratulations! You must be so proud.