Menu

Why did so many of you change your names, I am confused and overchanged as it is!

ElizabethB

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of a better nic for me than the one I've got.

At least, not w/out some sort of swearing :tongue_smilie:

I think there are a handful of us who actually are our screen names. To change would be to totally change our personality. Which may or may not be a good thing. I often think of how I like Tibbie better as Tibbie than I did when she was her old name.

If I disliked my user name, or made a name in a hurry, I'd take the opportunity to change it. I'm guessing it's much easier now than on the old board.

I do like that we can see the name history because when I see someone with a high post count and unfamiliar name, I can check and think, "Oh, okay. That's who she is."

I almost missed Mrs. Mungo because she changed her avatar!

Thank goodness she kept Mike's! :D

I like my name, but I've been thinking about changing my avatar. I just don't know if people would recognize me if I did. I know I get thrown off when other people change theirs.

Mine is almost 3 years old. My hair is much shorter now. I've considered changing it but I'm too lazy. ;)

I like my name, but I've been thinking about changing my avatar. I just don't know if people would recognize me if I did. I know I get thrown off when other people change theirs.

ETA: Okay, I changed it. Fair warning! :)

I recognize the cute boy in background from your original avatar and what I assume now is his equally handsome sib. I've always liked your username too. Glad you did not change it.

Well mine has too much personal info but since I cannot think of anything good that doesn't sound stupid it's still the same.

Me too! I have been trying to think of something else, and apparently lack any creativity for user names...

I too am freaked out by all the changed names though.

I think there are a handful of us who actually are our screen names. To change would be to totally change our personality. Which may or may not be a good thing. I often think of how I like Tibbie better as Tibbie than I did when she was her old name.

I admit I giggle when threads come up about, "How'd you choose your user name?" cause my response is generally along the lines of, "Stick around. You'll figure it out :tongue_smilie:"

ETA: Okay, I changed it. Fair warning! :)

I recognize you, and I love your new avatar. Cute!

I just shortened mine. I used to be Tap, tap, tap but on the new board commas weren't allowed. Typing Tap- Tap- Tap (with hyphens) to sign in was very awkard to me. LOL It took me a few days to figure out that they switched out the commas to hyphens. I couldn't sign in unless I went through facebook and then I caught on to the different display name. :blushing:

I also added an image finally...LOL

I can't figure out how to quote on the mobile version. Anyone know? Anyway, I had to change my avatar because the new dimensions made me all squishy. I stayed with a Mike's theme so that people could recognize me.

Little known fact: new people on the board sometimes PMed me because they thought I was holding a bong instead of a Mike's

To quote on the mobile version, I tap on the post. This brings up a little blue quote box on the bottom right side of the post box. Tap that box, and voila, you are quoting.

I can't figure out how to quote on the mobile version. Anyone know? Anyway, I had to change my avatar because the new dimensions made me all squishy. I stayed with a Mike's theme so that people could recognize me.

Little known fact: new people on the board sometimes PMed me because they thought I was holding a bong instead of a Mike's

But...but...but...I can't help living BOLDLY!

I tried. Ppl told me I was going on their ignore list for being bold.

I decided...too bad for them. :tongue_smilie:

Imp, they put you on ignore for bold?

Now, if it were all caps, I would understand. :D

But then I come from the dark ages where they still set type and all caps would be ignoble. ;)

Well, I can't seem to figure out how to multi-quote with the new format, so I'll just summarize:

I still don't like all the changes, but I can relate to most of the reasons. The stalking is a particularly compelling reason, can't blame that one.

Also, if you just change part of your name like Tap and Annie, that makes it fairly easy on my poor change-addled brain.

However, I did notice that all my whining did (besides finding a few souls to commiserate with) was make people aware that they could change their names easily on their own, leading to even more change!

i like to change because i get tired of my old screen names. i emailed asking for my name to be changed but no one replied so i have a new account. i am sure again in a year or so i will change it up again. it's not just screen names, i change emails and arrange my homes all the times.

i like to change because i get tired of my old screen names. i emailed asking for my name to be changed but no one replied so i have a new account. i am sure again in a year or so i will change it up again. it's not just screen names, i change emails and arrange my homes all the times.

Don't change your name! I was a Navy wife to a Chief! I will always remember you.

I think the my reason (& I see others on this thread w/similar) actually lessens confusion - I used a name I'd used elsewhere without much thought - and it turned out too darn close to another high post user's name. Of course I probably don't post enough to impinge on them, but it still worried at me every time I'd see their name.

I'm still me. Too lazy to change. I hate change anyway.

Remudamom, you can't cange your name. I am an ignorant city girl and just learned what "remuda" meant a few months ago. I was reading a book and it was like a little lightbulb went off and your name suddenly made sense. You might think that all of your stories about your horses would have tipped me off....but no. :tongue_smilie: Keep the name!

I changed mine to my middle name in Hebrew. It means "God is my oath". I'll keep my avatar for a little while longer.

Thank goodness my login info will stay the same though. Typing that all the time would be really annoying lol

I've also decided to use my middle name in my signature instead of my first. More privacy, plus I like it more. Sorry if I throw anybody off :hat:

I think the my reason (& I see others on this thread w/similar) actually lessens confusion - I used a name I'd used elsewhere without much thought - and it turned out too darn close to another high post user's name. Of course I probably don't post enough to impinge on them, but it still worried at me every time I'd see their name.

I just checked and saw who you used to be. I must say that I like your new name better, although for some unknown reason, I am partial to CAT names. ;)

Well, I can't seem to figure out how to multi-quote with the new format [snip]

Right next to the quoting button, there should be a multiquote button. You click it, and it will tell you how many posts you have quoted. You click all the multiquote buttons on the posts you want to quote, and then click reply to ... quoted posts.

I don't know how clear my explanation was. I am on Internet Explorer, so I don't know if it is different for different browsers.

I changed mine to my middle name in Hebrew. It means "God is my oath". I'll keep my avatar for a little while longer.

Thank goodness my login info will stay the same though. Typing that all the time would be really annoying lol

I've also decided to use my middle name in my signature instead of my first. More privacy, plus I like it more. Sorry if I throw anybody off :hat:

Yep you totally threw me off!

I changed, because I had too many identifiers in my name. And my new name...well I guess it always comes back to kilts on this board.

Ah, kilts!

Right next to the quoting button, there should be a multiquote button. You click it, and it will tell you how many posts you have quoted. You click all the multiquote buttons on the posts you want to quote, and then click reply to ... quoted posts.

I don't know how clear my explanation was. I am on Internet Explorer, so I don't know if it is different for different browsers.

OK, that worked, thank you!!

Well, I can't seem to figure out how to multi-quote with the new format, so I'll just summarize:

I still don't like all the changes, but I can relate to most of the reasons. The stalking is a particularly compelling reason, can't blame that one.

Also, if you just change part of your name like Tap and Annie, that makes it fairly easy on my poor change-addled brain.

However, I did notice that all my whining did (besides finding a few souls to commiserate with) was make people aware that they could change their names easily on their own, leading to even more change!

:rofl:

I changed mine but that's the only time I plan to change it. Even though my old name isn't my real one and it's still on my profile, I've been wanting to do it for awhile because when I joined the forum I didn't realize my need for privacy in the homeschool community. And anyway, I don't even have 1,000 posts over a year and a half. If I had thousands, I would have kept my old avatar or something to clue people in.

Hopefully a one-time that keeps me in the "mildly" annoying category and not the "highly annoying" one. :D

Me too! I have been trying to think of something else, and apparently lack any creativity for user names...

I too am freaked out by all the changed names though.

My user name is my name. I lack any creativity whatsoever. I think I've tried making a real user name twice in the past and could never seem to stick with them or remember them.

I was not freaked out by the user name changes bc I didn't notice. I just thought everyone left or wasn't posting or wasn't posting where I was looking.

My user name is my name. I lack any creativity whatsoever. I think I've tried making a real user name twice in the past and could never seem to stick with them or remember them.

I was not freaked out by the user name changes bc I didn't notice. I just thought everyone left or wasn't posting or wasn't posting where I was looking.

I'm a little clueless about things too...I generally don't notice those things until it is brought to my attention. I would however, be freaked out if you changed your name..:) You need an avatar...

I'm a little clueless about things too...I generally don't notice those things until it is brought to my attention. I would however, be freaked out if you changed your name..:) You need an avatar...

I'm hunting for one... I removed my shotgun wielding nuns. I'm thinking of just putting some flowers up...

I have been wanting to change my username for a long time. I picked it quickly when I registered, and I really have not liked it because local people can easily figure out who I am. I'd like a little more anonymity. This name is a nickname my aunt gave me as a toddler, so it has sentimental value too! :001_smile: