Menu

For fun.....let's dream!

k2bdeutmeyer

Let all your inhibitions go.....if money were literally NO OBJECT, what would you ask for for Christmas....for you! What items do you dream about, but know you'll never get? I have a list a mile long of practical items I need/want, but sometimes it's fun to just dream about all those BIG things.

For me? I want and dream about:

1. A Canon 5D Mark II camera (the ISO capabilities on this camera make me drool all over myself)

2. An iPad (just cuz it'd be fun)

3. The Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L lens (perfect for pics at DD's sporting events)

I think that's it for totally OUT THERE items :)

Oh....except for maybe THIS!

What are yours?

Let all your inhibitions go.....if money were literally NO OBJECT, what would you ask for for Christmas....for you! What items do you dream about, but know you'll never get? I have a list a mile long of practical items I need/want, but sometimes it's fun to just dream about all those BIG things.

1. A Canon 5D Mark II camera (the ISO capabilities on this camera make me drool all over myself)

:iagree: That would pretty much be my dream list too. Maybe I'd replace ipad with a Telescope.

I'd buy a plot of land and build a home that is totally off the grid, and be as self sustaining as possible.

lesser stuff:

a computer projector so the children don't have to stand around me watching videos, they could see stuff from their seats

I'd like to see the family members we cannot afford to go see anymore

I agree with QV and travel

I'd get Princess the Bitty Twins. And a hair brush to go w/, and if there was a matching pj set for the girl doll and her, I'd get that too. But def the Bitty Twins.

Diva, I'd get her some massively rocking art supplies, jewelery making stuff too.

Tazzie...I'd probably get him a DS. Or maybe not, the boy is pretty addicted to electronics as is :tonguesmilie: But, some new Wii games. And hotwheels sets.

I'd also get some family board games, clothes for everyone (Diva and Boo esp) and Wolf that silly RC helicopter he's been drooling over forever.

For me? A new food processor. The lid to mine was left too near the stove, and melted. Made a huge diff in my independance in the kitchen.

Boo...well, he'd be happy w/an empty box, LOL

What are yours?

I sold my mark II, it was not that great. The focus was horrific. Dream of a 7d and get the 24-70L ;) I actually switched to a Nikon d7000 and I'm way happier.

I'd get more lenses, I sold all of my canon ones when I switched, and there hasn't been extra money for new ones.

What are yours?

I sold my mark II, it was not that great. The focus was horrific. Dream of a 7d and get the 24-70L ;) I actually switched to a Nikon d7000 and I'm way happier.

I'd get more lenses, I sold all of my canon ones when I switched, and there hasn't been extra money for new ones.

Boo...well, he'd be happy w/an empty box, LOL

Snicker, snicker...I once had three boys exactly like this. A refrigerator box was a piece of heaven! (Now I shall sniff, sniff in self-pity.)

As for me,

Hmm...There is a certain vintage, Steinway rebuild that I'd really love to own! I'd also replace my partially sterling flute with a solid sterling and listen to the purity of tone it provided to the exclusion of getting anything else done which is why I should be given one of these until after the last boy graduates!

Faith

Really?? I have 2 friends who got theirs in the last year and both love it! Either way, I know it would be a step up from my 40D. I want high ISO capabilities so bad I can't stand it! LOL!

As far as the 24-70L - I need more reach than that for the sports my girls are in (gymnastics and softball).

Oh well.....someday, maybe.

Snicker, snicker...I once had three boys exactly like this. A refrigerator box was a piece of heaven! (Now I shall sniff, sniff in self-pity.)

As for me,

Hmm...There is a certain vintage, Steinway rebuild that I'd really love to own! I'd also replace my partially sterling flute with a solid sterling and listen to the purity of tone it provided to the exclusion of getting anything else done which is why I should be given one of these until after the last boy graduates!

Faith

Honestly, I think Tazzie and Princess would kill each other for a fridge box! There's a certain castle they've been dying to make, but it needs appliance size boxes, and we don't have any of those!

Really?? I have 2 friends who got theirs in the last year and both love it! Either way, I know it would be a step up from my 40D. I want high ISO capabilities so bad I can't stand it! LOL!

As far as the 24-70L - I need more reach than that for the sports my girls are in (gymnastics and softball).

Oh well.....someday, maybe.

my best friend has one too - oh the photos she takes! She's won several awards with PPA. I think she has the 24-70L, not sure, I know it is an L lens, but I"m not impressed with it. She uses my cheapo 85 1.8mm lens for her potraits.

Prime lenses are best, IMO. I don't even have a zoom lens.

If money were no object....

An unlocked iPhone5

Furniture for our bedroom

A redo of the back room with labor and supplies to make it finally useable

And last but not least....

a private jet with capability to cross the Atlantic.

You did say to dream big!! :p

my best friend has one too - oh the photos she takes! She's won several awards with PPA. I think she has the 24-70L, not sure, I know it is an L lens, but I"m not impressed with it. She uses my cheapo 85 1.8mm lens for her potraits.

Prime lenses are best, IMO. I don't even have a zoom lens.

I don't have any L glass, but I have the 50mm f/1.4 and the Tamron 17-50mm. I much prefer my 50mm, but needed the 17-50mm when I was doing weddings. I only use it for group shots, or stuff in the house where I can't back up any more. I rented the 70-200mm several years ago.....it was so heavy, but AWESOME for softball games!

I don't have any L glass, but I have the 50mm f/1.4 and the Tamron 17-50mm. I much prefer my 50mm, but needed the 17-50mm when I was doing weddings. I only use it for group shots, or stuff in the house where I can't back up any more. I rented the 70-200mm several years ago.....it was so heavy, but AWESOME for softball games!

I've read good things about the Tamron. My widest prime is a 28mm 2.8. Sometimes I wish I had a bit wider, but not too often.

A friend of mine asked me to do their family potraits. I've been back up shooter for weddings, but nothing on my own, beside my own son's potraits. Kind of nervewracking! I need to get out my camera (50D I got last year refurbished when they were discontinued) and start practicing. I haven't taken many pics this fall...

If money really were no object, I'd grab a map, throw a dart and take off there with DH and kids. We'd stay there and explore until we got out of it what we wanted and then throw another dart and repeat.

I think a year of that would be just grand. Sigh.

This! For sure. I want to travel, visit my friends/family all over North America, then head over to Australia and New Zealand to make some new friends. After that, we'd hop on over to Italy and pig out, then go wherever DH and the kids want. :)

Nikon girl here, but I'd love an 85mm or 100mm macro. Oh and my local Costco is stocking the D600 which I drool over every chance I get, but boy is that thing heavy! I'm actually pretty content with my D7000 at the moment.

(Not that I'm heaving my giant pregnant body up off the sofa to take many pictures these days, ha ha.)

My really way out there probably not ever going to get would be a Canon 1DX and a couple of nice lenses. Either the 70-200 f2.8 L or the 35mm 1.4. The 1DX is full frame and has speed like the 7D. I have the 5D mark ii. I love it for portraits, but it is not a great camera for sports. It is just too slow to capture a series of pictures quickly.

My daughter, husband, and I all like to take pictures so having a 7D would be wonderful and much more affordable, but still a long way off from what we can get anytime soon. Oh and a new computer so that I can play with all of the photos and videos that I would be taking with the new camera. :)

Janet

There's a D7000 going cheaply in the Phoenix area somewhere, with several lenses and a nice bag. It was stolen from our house in October. :cursing:

So... yeah. In a way we get to go dream shopping because the insurance gave us the funds to replace it and other things that were stolen...but now it looks like we'll be using the money to kick Sallie Mae to the curb, and just stick with the D40. (Which I had with me in Germany when we were burgled.)

I'd ask for a trip to Europe to visit friends and show my kids where I used to live.

Then I'd ask for a trip to the Canadian Rockies with dh. He went there with his cousin Dan many years ago, and he has always wanted to go back. He said it was the most romantic place he's ever been and he was stuck there with his cousin. :rofl:

And, I'd ask for a new house with an indoor swimming pool. And a Vitamix in the kitchen. That's all. Maybe. . . :tongue_smilie:

Travel, with no time limit (and obviously plenty of money). Maybe an around-the-world trip, taking several years. We like to spend a least a month in any given location, so with extra time & money I'd make it a season here, a season there.

Perhaps one of those get on-get off world cruises so I could do tons of reading, relaxing, & watching Great Course DVDs while out in the ocean, and we'd have zero jet-lag when we arrived at our next destination.

Ah well, at least I know I can look forward to getting my favorite perfume. :D

A horse and all that goes with it...

New kitchen, flooring and addition to our house in the N Neck.

Clothes to wear to church.

Snowboard and video camera for my boys.

Trip for dd.

Plane tickets and a 3 month rental car for my parents so they wouldn't have to drive to FL for their time there this year.

The opportunity to move back to my old house.

ooops - posted before I finished!!!

also:

- 45-48" cherry wood floor loom (my current one is just a tad too small)

- a trip with the whole family to Greece (we always said we'd do it)

- the backyard landscaped so it wasn't so hilly - or at least more usable than it is now.

dental work. I need my front teeth recapped, one needs a post. I will gladly sit in the dentist chair if someone would pay for it.

A Jeep Wrangler, 4whd, 2 door, automatic with hardtop and soft top, cloth seats, built in mp3 adaptor. In some zippy color like bright yellow, orange, lime green or dark green. paid for would be good. Also I want no one else to have to drive it so I don't have to adjust the seats, my sunglasses (wait need those too) would sit in the car, my stuff in glovebox, and a dog blanket spread on the back seat so my dog can have rides all the time. Ds can sit in the front seat.

Laser surgery on my eyes, so I can buy cool sunglasses. .

Pay off my house and my parent's house to alleviate a lot of worry

Carrerra marble kitchen counters on one side, with wooden counters on the other, stained to match my living room floors. New ceramic tile in the kitchen and laundry room. New back door for the laundry room. New garage doors and an opener for the second garage.

A mac book for ds

A new TV for dh

A vacation with my girlfriends, who are scattered all over the country

A yamaha baby grand piano, which would not fit in our house, so maybe an upright piano

A small Saddleback leather satchel

And lastly a saxophone (alto), which has been on my wish list for years.

All the work done on the house that really, really needs to be done.

A new kitchen. I'm embarrassed to say that the doors have fallen off of most of my cabinets in there. It is so bad, I don't like to have guests over.

Wood floors and some new carpet at spots.

A landscaped front and back yard.

I would love some Craftman-style built ins in my living and dining room.

What are yours?

Boy are we in sync!

I'd want exactly the same things (except if I'm dreaming I'd want a 5D Mark III).

Ain't happening. But....

Bill

My wishes are extremely boring, but exactly what I would dream for. I would love to have all of our debt paid off so we are not struggling financially anymore. DD5 to not have this crazy chronic liver disease and tummy issues, and maybe a new truck for DH so he isnt cruising around town in the one he's had since he was 16! Nothing really "for me" but these things would make me the happiest woman ever!

If money really were no object, I'd grab a map, throw a dart and take off there with DH and kids. We'd stay there and explore until we got out of it what we wanted and then throw another dart and repeat.

I think a year of that would be just grand. Sigh.

This....and an iPad.

Hmm, I was daydreaming about a few items today as we decided whether or not to buy a few powerball tix. We only buy one now and again when its one of those huge jackpots. If money were no object I'd ask for the following:

Practical:

New car for dh (he's currently driving the one we bought new back in 1998)

A new macbook (would come in handy for my job)

treadmill (mine died today :p)

A commuter/cyclocross bike for dh

For fun:

new iphone

new high end mountain bikes for dh and I - like these

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/safirefsr/safireexpert

http://salsacycles.com/bikes/el_mariachi_ti

a ride at Auburn for my oldest dd (her dream school) she'll likely end up in state or at Alabama due to $$$

buy a set of 6-8 quality microscopes and donate to our co-op

2-3 week hiking/biking family trip to the southwest

Other:

help a friend with adoption/travel expenses for her three soon to be little ones from Africa

help our 2nd dd with funds for another mission trip

help our church buy a van to use for youth trips