Menu

What magazines do you read?

The Economist

National Geographic

Scientific American

Sierra Club

Oooo. I've been wanting a subscription to The Economist for some time now but the price makes me :svengo:.

Do you read yours on iPad or print? I'm confused about the iPad versions- iTunes Newstand and the Zineo(??). Which do you use, if on iPad?

Edited by plain jane

Oooo. I've been wanting a subscription to The Economist for some time now but the price makes me :svengo:.

Do you read yours on iPad or print? I'm confused about the iPad versions- iTunes Newstand and the Visio(??). Which do you use, if on iPad?

We get the actual magazine in print.

We love it; it is by far the most comprehensive news magazine, with a lot more content and in depth analysis than Time or Newsweek.

Regular subscription is currently $96 for one year which does sound a lot at once- but translates into only $1.88 per week. (I don't know what our rate is; we have had the subscription for many years). Student rate is $1.51 per week, or $77/year.

Edited by regentrude

The New Yorker for 25 years

The Atlantic

Harpers

Cooks Illustrated

Martha Stewart Living

People Magazine when I'm at the dentist's office

Real Simple

More

Paris Review

The Week I always dream about the house I'll never own.

Organic Gardening

Vanity Fair

Rolling Stone

The New York Times Book Review

Scientific America

I go through the magazine racks at the library every week.

Mother Earth News

Mary Jane's Farm (I live in a suburb but have lofty dreams of moving to the country and living a sustainable lifestyle)..

I'd LIKE to subscribe to National Geographic if I can find a good deal.

My 6 yo is currently into astronomy - so I think we'll be subscribing to Sky News magazine soon. (Canadian astronomy mag).

I'd also like to purchase a subscription to Ask magazine (science for kids)...

I only subscribe to Nat Geo, but I read (at various places)

Real Simple

Country Woman

Country Living

Woman's Day

The Economist (a client has this and I usually take a month to read it, article by article, so I'm always behind a bit)

Christianity Today (used to receive but it expired)

Consumer Reports (last year--dd gets it online)

Homeschooling Today

There's also an online mag for homeschooling girls I usually read--it comes to my inbox. Haven't seen it for a couple months, tho.

I'm looking to broaden my horizons. :). I don't currently read magazines but would like to start adding some to my weekly reading. What ones do you enjoy?

In addition to our 2 weekly local newspapers, we get Time Magazine.

DH gets Popular Mechanics.

DS10 gets Make & Lego.

DD gets American Girl.

At different times we have also subscribed to Prog Rock, Cicada, Muse, Faces, Your Big Backyard, Click, Cobblestone, Consumer Reports, and Family Fun.

I am a magazine junkie! (As one of you found out when you asked me to buy some GS magazines last year. lol)

I have 5 "girl" magazines I like to read in the bathtub at night. I'm too embarressed to tell you all their names. Just pick 5 beaty/junk magazines. Although "Marie Claire" often has some tough social articles for women. (I justify it that way.)

I get Saveur, Bon Appetit, and Fine Cooking and the Food Network magazine and Culture (the cheese magazine). Those are my inspirational cooking mags.

I get Hobby Farms, Grit, Mother Earth News, and Urban Farm and Hobby Farm Home and Backyard Poultry.

For real brain food, I read The Economist and Scientific American and Mother Jones. I need to add an astronomy magazine to that because this Xmas, we are getting a good family telescope.

For my heart, I read two pagan magazines: Crone and the main goddess one whose name just exited my brain.

My "peace" in life comes from sitting in my bathtub for an hour or more every other day with a good magazine. I love them.

And DD is selling magazines through her GS troop right now. If anyone wants to order and support GS and my DD, contact me or contact any other GS you know right now! :)

I usually rip the heck out of my cooking magazines. But I pass the farming ones off to my friends, unless I keep articles from those too. The rest of them get recycled. I'm in the process of moving stuff to my ipad.

Edited by Jennifer3141

I'll be honest and admit that my magazine reading is complete fluff! Redbook and Glamour, and occasionally I'll pick up Good Housekeeping. We would subscribe to The New Yorker if it wasn't so expensive; other than that, I have no interest in magazine reading for edification...I'm in it for the fashion and light-hearted articles!

Me:

Better Homes and Gardens

wish list:

Southern Living

Women's Day

Family Circle

Hubby:

Consumer Reports:

wish list:

Mountain Bike Action

Son:

Sports Illustrated Kids

Daughter:

Susie - we will switch maybe to Miabella (new and cute)

I'm looking to broaden my horizons. :). I don't currently read magazines but would like to start adding some to my weekly reading. What ones do you enjoy?

I work on an airplane, so I'm always picking up random magazines left behind there or in the terminal :D we joke that we could tell when the economy went south a few years ago because people stopped leaving magazines, and started instead to take them home! I'll read just about anything, and I've learned there is certainly a magazine for any interest.

My favorites are The Week, The New Yorker, and - for my gossip fix - something in the Us Weekly/Star/People vein (don't care which, can't tell a difference half of the time).

We also have subscriptions to GAMES magazine.

National Geographic

Mental Floss

New Scientist

The Week

Smithsonian

And we just took out a subscription to Lapham's Quarterly. It looks really, really interesting. Each volume covers only one topic, but they pull information from across the entirety of human civilization - ancient to modern, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, etc...

And I also get:

Everyday Food

Cooking Light

and whatever the Rachel Ray mag is

Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist

Art Jewelry Magazine

Urban Farm

The New Yorker

New York Magazine

The Economist (online)

Yes

The Nation

Slate (online)

Real Simple

Interview

Bust

Veg News

Vogue

Dance

(I know I'm forgetting some, as we've had a number of school magazine fundraisers, and I'm getting a ton of Mags, too many to keep up with).

Time

Newsweek

I picked up one of these just this week; can't remember which, but the front page was about the weed industry and growhouses as an enterprise.

In the front it mentioned that (whichever magazine it was) would be going 100% digital in 2013. I'm so sad! I can't get into digital magazines or papers. I really prefer to have it in hand. The whole digitizing of reading material is going to but a serious crimp in my free-reading supply at work. Boo!

So, OP, that would be a factor for me -- is the magazine of my choice going to be available in print? (But that may not be a problem for you ;))

Signed,

Old Dog Resisting New (Digital) Tricks

I picked up one of these just this week; can't remember which, but the front page was about the weed industry and growhouses as an enterprise.

In the front it mentioned that (whichever magazine it was) would be going 100% digital in 2013. I'm so sad! I can't get into digital magazines or papers. I really prefer to have it in hand. The whole digitizing of reading material is going to but a serious crimp in my free-reading supply at work. Boo!

Yea, that is Newsweek. I'm gutted. Even as a young child my family got TIME and Newsweek and I read both obsessively. I don't like the idea of "digital only" publication.

Bill