Menu

What is the name of your homeschool?

Even though they attend the same school, my kids have given "their" school different names.

Not that we need a name for anything, they just wanted to each have one because our friends' school had one LOL.

My son attends Pleasant Oak, the name of a nearby subdivision.

My daughter attends St. Anne's, she loves anything to do with St. Anne.

Holy Ascension Academy. Our priest gave a homily on Holy Ascension that I really liked so we have gone with that. In Orthodoxy, it's common to name things after feasts and saints. Maybe you have a tradition or history that you could so commemorate?

Edited by milovaný

Dh and I have always called the children our little monsters-- you know like "we need to feed the monsters" and such.

Dh's family is of Scottish background and all my children have Scottish/celtic names.

A kelpie is a Scottish water monster.

So basically our school, Kelpie Academy, is "Scottish monster school". The mascot is my avatar

[Our Last Name] Academy.

It started as a joke. My daughter used to hate being asked where she went to school. So, one day I told her she should explain that she went to a small and very exclusive private school. (So private it had only two students.) She thought that was silly and asked what the school was called. On a whim, I told her it was the name above.

At one point, I made both kids school uniforms, including a crest with the school logo and name on them.

And somewhere along the line, it just stuck.

I asked my son before this academic year started if he would like to choose a different name, something we could put on the transcripts and forms and such that didn't scream "homeschool" in the same way. But he said he likes the one we've been using and would just as soon keep it. So, in a couple of years, our tiny prepatory academy will graduate its second (and last) student.

Mount Parnassus Academy. DD named it, and picked a hydra as our mascot. We're under a cover school legally, but DD wanted "real" school stuff-by which she meant a name, a mascot, a bumper sticker for the minivan, a t-shirt, and so on. We have matching Polo shirts with a DD drawn hydra logo, too :)

Edited by dmmetler

Lastname Christian Academy and Boarding School for Select Girls.

Dh needed to fill out a form with the school name for Bring a Brat day at work (take our sons & daughters to work day :lol: ) he told them we homeschool, but his mgr said "Other homeschool dad wrote Theirlastname Christian Academy" so Mr. RebelYell had to top it... he added the Boarding School for Select Girls. It makes us giggle. We have no logo or official need for a name.

We dont really use a name. But if we need one it will be "our last name" school.

I am not totally uncreative, our last name if pronounced the French way is a term for a nobleman, and also a fancy sounding way to designate something important. (although technically that is a different spelling but most people don't realize that). So it would sound good as a school name.

We never had a name until recently.

The kids do something called the Premier's Reading Challenge, which is basically read a few books and they get a certificate. No big deal, but I do it because the home ed authorities seem to like the kids having certificates. Anyway, when I filled in the kids' details online this year, even though I had checked home educated, the form wouldn't allow me to submit without the 'name of school' filled out.

So I typed "Snowflake Academy" and now that's what we're officially called. (Cause my little brats are Special Snowflakes.)

Edited by Hotdrink

When filling out order forms that request a name, I used to use Keaton Academy. My oldest is a total Alex P., then I have a brunette dd and a blonde dd, and then we had our surprise boy. The Keatons!

After the next surprise boy, lol, I switched to Full House Homeschool to represent all 5.

I don't know what I'd do if I needed a serious name.

We are The Corps of Discovery Elementary. Originally we were Discovery Homeschool, but it never felt like it really fit. Then when DD was in middle we read a story of Lewis and Clark from the dogs point of view and we fell in love with Corps of Discovery.

Homeschooling is a long, long journey through unknown lands to a far away destination. Sometimes the road is smooth and easy going, and other times it feels like being trapped in the Rockies during the dead of winter. Every day is an adventure! :tongue_smilie:

I'd really love a mascot, motto and tshirts, but I've never come up with anything that seemed to fit. If DS had his way it would be a Lego minfig. *lol* I kinda lean towards a lion/aslan. But I don't know that a lion has much to do with Lewis and Clark.

Edited by photojenic

We've never had to have a name. About 5 years ago, I happened to be reading about the year of Jubilee in the Bible, and identified very closely with the ideas & actions.

School name: Jubilee Academy

Motto: Celebrating freedom from the ordinary, rejoicing in the unique

Our home school is named Pioneer Heritage Academy, because all of my children's ancestors came to Oregon in covered wagons and made great sacrifices so that their children could own their own farms and have better lives.

That is what I am trying to do by home schooling, make sure that my kids have a chance at a better life.

My daughter named our homeschool when we started it a year and a half ago: Our Lady, Queen of All Saints. I was pushing for St. Theresa Benedicta of the Cross, because she was a scholar, philosopher, and a convert to Catholicism (which has meaning for us), but I think my dd figured she could cover all bases with "All Saints." :001_smile: