Menu

What is the name of your homeschool?

We never had a name until recently.

The kids do something called the Premier's Reading Challenge, which is basically read a few books and they get a certificate. No big deal, but I do it because the home ed authorities seem to like the kids having certificates. Anyway, when I filled in the kids' details online this year, even though I had checked home educated, the form wouldn't allow me to submit without the 'name of school' filled out.

So I typed "Snowflake Academy" and now that's what we're officially called. (Cause my little brats are Special Snowflakes.)

If they're so speshul it really should be "Snowflayke Academee" to show off your speshulness.:lol:

We don't use it much, but ours is Red Dragon Academy....dd loves dragons, but that's not the main reason. We've got these friends, a husband & wife, who tour, playing music, for a living. One time when we saw them, she had a brain fart and instead of the line "follow the jack rabbit", she sang "follow the red dragon" and I've teased her about it ever since. :D

The boys joke that they want to change it again to 'Super Saps'. :lol:

That can be their team mascot.

We are the SuperSaps! The mighty mighty SuperSaps!

Everywhere we go people want to know

who we are, so we tell them:

We are the SuperSaps! The mighty mighty SuperSaps!

Everywhere we go ...

:D

I had to put a name down to get free stuff for our school, and since I hadn't thought up a serious name yet, I unofficially named it Gandhi School of Justice. :D I love anything to do with India, and I do want to teach dd the values associated with the name. I just don't think it will make much sense on a college transcript. ;)

Stonewall Academy when I (rarely) need to use a name. Stonewall Jackson is one of dh's personal heroes. We started using this in Arizona. Now that we are in Virginia, there is the name Lee everywhere. I could call us Lee Academy and no one would blink!

I love reading these threads and just wanted to comment on the following names:

Gutenberg Prep. We even have a logo and colors :)

Great name!

We call ours Enchanted Winter School.

I've always liked yours! Although, I think I like it more when I lived in Arizona...

So basically our school, Kelpie Academy, is "Scottish monster school". The mascot is my avatar

So clever!

Mount Parnassus Academy. DD named it, and picked a hydra as our mascot. We're under a cover school legally, but DD wanted "real" school stuff-by which she meant a name, a mascot, a bumper sticker for the minivan, a t-shirt, and so on. We have matching Polo shirts with a DD drawn hydra logo, too :)

Love it!

Aesalon Classical School

named after the first animagus in Harry Potter. I liked that it's an obscure reference and it's Greek. He turned into a falcon which is why my mascot is the falcon. See mascot below :001_smile: It took me forever to settle on it. Our motto is below also and means born to soar in Latin. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what it means....still working on Latin. It kinda bugs me to have a Latin motto and a Greek name but that's just my manic self. :tongue_smilie:

I wish I had thought of having a Latin motto & a Greek name!

We don't use it much, but ours is Red Dragon Academy....dd loves dragons

Dragon fans here too!

Ours is the Thomas Pocatella School. When my oldest were starting kdgn, I asked them what we should call our school. My daughter was obsessed with Thomas the Tankengine, and my son picked Pocatella because he thought it was a cool word. We don't have a logo or colors, but we do have a newspaper, The Thomas Pocatella Times, that has 5 contributors/editors!

Knitter here....dying to know the acronym. :bigear: PM me if needed.:lol:

I crochet and dye yarn :D I think my book collection is the only thing around here that rivals my yarn stash!

"Youth Academy for Resident Negroes"

Needless to say, we use YARNacademy for professionalism (we have to have a name here) :)

I crochet and dye yarn :D I think my book collection is the only thing around here that rivals my yarn stash!

"Youth Academy for Resident Negroes"

Needless to say, we use YARNacademy for professionalism (we have to have a name here) :)

:lol: (I can laugh, right?:tongue_smilie:)

That's the kind of humor around our house. When I was pg, dh & I were coming up with all of these names that we "could" use...names for twins & triplets were quite fun. It was fun to tell them to people when they asked...if we could keep a straight face, that is.

I've done a little yarn dying, but not much. My knitting book collection is the envy of my knitting group.

I wracked by brain off and on for a year and finally decided on this a couple weeks ago.

Panorama Home Academy

Panorama for a few different meanings and reasons. 1) where we live right now has a nice view. 2) We've lived several different places so we've had a lot of different views. 3) It is an unfolding of events that led us to homeschooling. 4) Events will continue to unfold as we journey through life and learning. 5) I hope to give my kids a "wide angle view" of the world that we live in that isn't necessarily achieved in PS, IMO. I could go on and on, it seems. I just think it's the perfect name for us.

Hmmm. I didn't think about a mascot, motto, or logo, though. I'll have to wrack my brain for another year or two, now. :glare: Or perhaps, I'll leave that to the brilliant minds of The Hive...;) Not that they'd be necessary, but certainly fun!