Husbands' preferences for hair  

1. 1. Husbands' preferences for hair

• Dh loves my hair long.
    • Dh loves my hair short.
    • Dh doesn't care at all.
    • Dh is happy if I love my hair.
    • Dh likes my hair natural.
    • Dh prefers my hair colored.

You couldn't choose more than one answer so I couldn't address both length and color. My hubby like medium length, dark, curly hair, Think Babe in Dirty Dancing. My hair is naturally very straight but I have been perming it since I was about 13. I think that we were married a few years before my hubby realized that my hair was not naturally curly.

My husband likes shorter hair on me (shoulder to armpit lengths). He met me with hair past my butt. I think he just likes shorter hair because it's easier on the vacuum cleaner. I shed thick, coarse strands that are always getting stuck in between people's toes, dog's butts, clean towels, and pretty much all over LOL.

The poll only allows for one option, so I voted that he likes my hair long. He also likes my natural color or when I get it done -- doesn't matter either way at this point but I'm not going gray yet. IDK if he'll prefer color then or not.

He also likes me to like my own hair -- so long as it's still sort of long-ish. He doeosn't like short hair at all.

Short hair = chin length or shorter

Medium hair = shoulders to chin

Long hair = past shoulders

Really long hair = past bra strap

My Dh always insisted that he liked my hair long. So when I got it cut really short I was a bit worried what his reaction would be. When I came home from the stylist I got a "Hubba-hubba!" sit up and take notice reaction! :D

He likes when I feel pretty. What's most attractive to him is the confidence I have with a snazzy hair style, whether long or short.

I voted for he loves it long, but he's happy if I'm happy with it in the big picture.

I've dyed my hair a whole two or three times my entire life. He wouldn't mind one bit if I were to play around with colors, but I know he really likes the natural color.

You didn't have an other. I chose that my husband loves my hair long, but I've never had long hair. Ever. My hair is almost as short as a brush cut I suppose you could say. I HATE long hair. Absolutely detest the feeling of it on me. I love long hair on others and think it looks beautiful, but just not for me. My husband would be willing to pay for an entire day at an expensive spa if I would grow my hair out. It's just not me.

I didn't vote because my dh eventually likes what I choose :)

I think our dhs still think of us as 25 and when they look at us, 25 is what they see. While that's all very sweet, other folks don't see us as 25 :) I had hair to my waist and spend lots of time fixing it. It looked good on my 25 year old face and body. Things have changed - and my hair has changed as well.

I just got this cut - Leda Headley - but just a bit shorter than the pic. It is really cute especially if I go for a really feminine look or an artsy look (think big hoop earrings, etc.). I love it. The texture is changing now that I'm getting some grey so the products that I used to use are not effective anymore. Dh prefers that I not color my hair. He sees too many bad color jobs (and growth lines). On the flip side, while he isn't turning grey, he is losing his hair and now gets sunburned on top. Ah, we're not 25 anymore.

I didn't vote as I will have to ask DH,

But DH cuts my hair, it is below hip level. So I am thinking he likes it long... But possibly he thinks I like it long.. I don't know.

I think I will ask him tomorrow as I have already had a deep and meaningful conversation today and we are sort of giving each other space while we process the conversation.

My husband likes shorter hair on me (shoulder to armpit lengths).

Clearly we have different definitions of "short." My "short" is a chin length bob. :) Mine is currently just past my shoulders which is long for me. I wish I could be bothered to learn how to braid it because I'd be more interested in keeping it long. DH doesn't really like braids (it's too "little girlie" for him), so he's surely not going to learn and do my hair. I've been lazy about getting it cut, but I need to because this "all ponytail, all the time" business isn't terribly flattering for me.

I have no idea. He says he doesn't care what I do.

He would cringe if I started spending much money on my hair, but since I work also he can't say much about it.

I keep my hair natural color and cut it myself unless I have a short cut that needs maintenance.

My husband likes shorter hair on me (shoulder to armpit lengths). He met me with hair past my butt. I think he just likes shorter hair because it's easier on the vacuum cleaner. I shed thick, coarse strands that are always getting stuck in between people's toes, dog's butts, clean towels, and pretty much all over LOL.

I have to say that this made me laugh because your short hair is my long hair! I almost always have very short hair and prefer it that way but every few years I get a wild hair, grow it to about my shoulders, find that it is always in a ponytail and looks terrible and cut it off again.

I would also choose "other"... my husband likes change. He loves it when I cut it, if I add bangs, if I find a new hairstyle, if it's colored, natural, etc, but it's best when it is a new style.

That said, I seem to vary between chin- and waist- length, and it's almost always its natural color.

:)

Most definitely below the shoulder. He likes to twirl it around his fingers as he is going to sleep. Colored or not, he doesn't care. I am currently letting myself go gray. I was planning on having it cut super short when the gray grew out a bit, so that it doesn't look like a gray cat is draped across my head. Dh begged me not to cut it short. I haven't decided what I am goign to do, but if it is that important to him I'll most likely not cut it after all. I mean, he is the one who has to look at it!:lol:

He likes long. Really long even. And natural (no coloring).

I've always had somewhat long hair (shoulder to bra strap). After several years he asked me to grow my hair out to the length of the picture in his wallet (from a time before we met) which ended up being waist length.

I like long hair, but I just don't have the time to comb out waist length every day right now. He graciously handled a severe (and frankly not very attractive at first) cut to chin length. That was last year and I'm almost down to shoulder again. I need a trim.

As I mentioned in the other thread, Wolf loves long hair. My hair was about to my waist when we met and married.

I'd talked/threatened about getting it cut short over the yrs, and he about had a mental breakdown.

Then, thanks to RSD, my hair fell out. Like, seeing my scalp fell out. So, no choice but to have it uber short, since it didn't fall out uniformly...had long, thin, scraggly bits like a demented hag here and there.

I loathe my short hair, but he's adapted. I mean, we found out we were having Boo not long after it fell out ;) I'm determined to grow it out again.

As for colouring, Wolf's coloured my hair for me pretty much since I decided to start colouring. First, b/c it was so darned long I couldn't get it all myself, and then once I was injured, there was just no way I *could* do it at all. I even let him pick the colour, since I figure he looks at me more than I do :lol: