Menu

Does your purse have a home?

I am wondering where other people keep their purses when they are at home. I have never paid attention when I go to peoples' houses and now I am curious. Mine usually ends up on the back of a chair. Is your purse out? Do you put it in a closet? Your bedroom? Wherever it lands? My deep question for the day.

Yes, it does. I enter my house through the garage. We have a table in our back hall/mudroom area. This is where I leave my purse. Guests enter through our front door, so our back hall is private family space and no one sees my purse out in that spot.

If you always put it in the same place, you will always be able to find it. My profound answer of the day. :D

In our last home, I kept my purse in my bedroom.

In this house, there's a little area/hall where the door to the garage is (what the heck kind of grammar is that??:lol:); we put a cute row of hooks on the wall, and I hang my purse there, along with my keys and Mr. Ellie's, and any extra house keys.

And I keep my cell phone in the purse when it isn't charging, so I always know where it is; and my reading glasses, so I always know where they are.

I don't recommend it, but I keep mine in my car.

Oh my word, my dh would FLIP if I did that, lol. He's mister 'lock the doors, do you have your purse, where's your wallet, did you remember your cell phone'. If we go somewhere and I want to leave my purse in the car instead of carrying it around with me, I MUST put it somewhere completely hidden inside the car, and even that must be done before anyone opens their door, lest 'someone' see where I put it. :tongue_smilie:

I have my grandmother's cedar chest, and it is the perfect height/size for right under our front window by the front door. My purse lives on top of it.

on a doorknob, somewhere in the vicinity of the kitchen. :001_smile:

Mine, too. We almost exclusively use the kitchen (back) door, so it's either on that doorknob, on a chair at the counter, or on the floor next to the door. It's more a bag than a purse. My proper purse is a wristlet with my keys attached. The bag holds that and the rest of my nonsense as I go around from work to home to other activities.

We each have hooks similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/flip-tumble-Hooknook-Storage-White/dp/B0065CEQ9S/ref=sr_1_11?s=storageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1337176044&sr=1-11

I couldn't find an image of ours but they are shaped like little houses where the frame of the house is for a backpack, the "door" is for a jacked, and the space inside the "house" is for keys. They hang in the laundry room across from the washer and dryer, and there is a shoe rack underneath them for (guess what?) shoes.

If you always put it in the same place, you will always be able to find it. My profound answer of the day. :D

In our last home, I kept my purse in my bedroom.

In this house, there's a little area/hall where the door to the garage is (what the heck kind of grammar is that??:lol:); we put a cute row of hooks on the wall, and I hang my purse there, along with my keys and Mr. Ellie's, and any extra house keys.

And I keep my cell phone in the purse when it isn't charging, so I always know where it is; and my reading glasses, so I always know where they are.

Hmmm, might create a space like this....

Yes, for two reasons.

1) If I don't constantly put it in the same spot, I lose it.

2) If I don't put it up high, my kids get into it and play :glare:

So we have a little shelf high up on a wall that I put it on, our camera goes there too. That way it's easily accessible, but to us, not the kids!

I don't recommend it, but I keep mine in my car.

And see, I'm always getting things out of my purse--my reading glasses, my checkbook or credit cards, my favorite pen, my cell phone. I cannot imagine leaving my purse all the way outside in the car.:001_huh:

The kitchen counter. :blush: I only carry small purses, my current one is a red Hobo that is the size of a wallet. Infact, it is more of wallet with a strap than anything.

If we have company, I put it on the shelf above the shoe closet.

Oh dear.... I just glanced over and realized that mine live on whatever surface they land. Currently - it's on the couch. Worse, though, is the fact that the purse I changed it from is still sitting on a chair from 3 days ago. Guess it's time to address my slovenly habits... :tongue_smilie: If I'm not careful, my kids will inherit them!

And see, I'm always getting things out of my purse--my reading glasses, my checkbook or credit cards, my favorite pen, my cell phone. I cannot imagine leaving my purse all the way outside in the car.:001_huh:

Same here. Just inside our front door is a cabinet with a large aquarium on top of it. When I'm home, my purse is right there next to the aquarium. My keys are usually next to it. I pick up my purse & keys on my way out the door & drop them there when I get back home. The kids & dh know that if they use my keys, they are to leave them next to my purse. (No, they don't actually put them in my purse because messing with my purse is not allowed.) This arrangement has worked for us for the 20 years that we have lived here.

Most of the time I leave it in the car which is in our garage. Our neighborhood is sort of off the beaten path and our driveway is long, so I risk it. When I do bring it in, I hang it on the stairs leading from the garage into the main part of the house.

Purse? I used to have one...........

Diaper bag......always seem to have a grandchild who isn't potty trained in tow. Hmm......book bag.....check.

No purse. Cash or debit card in back pocket and car keys in hand, chapstick in front pocket. Maybe someone could remind me what goes in a purse........