Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug: I think I'd be trying to convince a friend to go with me at the amusement park to watch the kids so I could go get the test results before 3. ;) Waiting is so hard.

FWIW, you still have a line and that's a great thing! Praying that you can get those results ASAP and that you have a big ol' number to share with us. :grouphug:

Semi good news. Was driving to amusement park and it suddenly occurred to me that if Medical Records is open Saturday, maybe they'd be open Sunday. So I called the hospital to ask- and they are! So I got transferred to them and had to leave a voicemail but gave my info and that I was providing mtmy 24 hour notice that I wanted to pick up my results tomorrow.

So, I only have to wait and agonize for one more day instead of two!

Ok kids going bonkers, need to get out of the car and go into the amusement park now!

See now, this is when buddying up with a practicing catholic can pay off.

I've got 5 first response pregnancy tests sitting in the drawer. (Awesome target sale!)

If you were a friend in town, I'd be totally "OMG! I faintly see it too! Here! Use mine! Pee again! Pee again!"

Anxiously awaiting your morning toilette!

LIKE!! ROFLBO!!! I love this lolololol:lol:

It could be, but before you get too excited, you need to know that false positives are very common. False negatives, not so much.

I would wait another 2 days, then try again. Don't keep peeing on cheap test sticks. It will just play with your emotions.

It could be, but before you get too excited, you need to know that false positives are very common. False negatives, not so much.

I would wait another 2 days, then try again. Don't keep peeing on cheap test sticks. It will just play with your emotions.

I believe it is the other way around. False negatives are common, positives are usually positive.

I believe it is the other way around. False negatives are common, positives are usually positive.

I agree with this...because you can't create the hormone that comes with being pregnant, but you can be pregnant and not have enough of the hormone to show on a test.

This is better than ANY tv show or soap opera! I can relate to the whole stressing and wondering and driving yourself nuts. We had to work for 12 months to have baby #1. It sucks, but hang in there. I agree with others, get rid of the cheap pg tests. At least upgrade to the Walmart brand! HA!!!

With this pregnancy (i am almost 14 weeks) I didnt test positive till 12dpo and I started testing at around 9 dpo :lol: It was a SQUINTER. You could BARELY see it :001_huh: I did a few different tests and they all looked different in terms of light/dark. I took a test at 8 weeks (because my sickies started going away which is weird for me) and the dollar store test was still pretty light! The Walmart .88 test came out much darker. I even took a FRER at 12dpo and got a squinter.....just saying to trust the positive result...dont worry so much about the color of the line.

Well, we had a great day at the amusement park and didn't get home til after 8 PM. Watched a show, put the kids to bed, and now I'm relaxing in bed. I'm going to watch another show from my DVR, read a few pages of my book and fall asleep, and when I wake up, I'll just be a few short hours away from getting my results! I plan to show up at the hospital in Med Records around 10:15 AM, 24 hours after I called! No-one ever called me back like I requested to confirm they got my voicemail, but I'm showing up anyway. So, any praying, finger crossing, good vibes, positive thoughts and what have you that you want to send my way over the next 13 hours will certainly be appreciated!

Well, we had a great day at the amusement park and didn't get home til after 8 PM. Watched a show, put the kids to bed, and now I'm relaxing in bed. I'm going to watch another show from my DVR, read a few pages of my book and fall asleep, and when I wake up, I'll just be a few short hours away from getting my results! I plan to show up at the hospital in Med Records around 10:15 AM, 24 hours after I called! No-one ever called me back like I requested to confirm they got my voicemail, but I'm showing up anyway. So, any praying, finger crossing, good vibes, positive thoughts and what have you that you want to send my way over the next 13 hours will certainly be appreciated!

Thinking positive thoughts and sending lots of positive vibes and prayers your way! Glad you had fun today!

:grouphug:

Faithe

Made it through the night. And in two hours or less I should know what's going on!

And right after I find out I have to go to my husband's shop to help with a big promotional event that's been planned for the last two months. Well over 100 people supposed to be there. I will either be ecstatic during this or very depressed and needing to suck it up during the event. Hopefully it will be the former. And if the latter I hope all those people end up being a good distraction rather than hard to deal with.

I am soo nervous.

Looking a little online about the HCG numbers and seeing what other people said their's were at 11 dpo.

One person said their's was 56 at 13 dpo (which would have meant it was only around 28 at 11 dpo, probably) and that by four days later it was in the 500's.

Another said hers was 59 at 13 dpo, which would have had it around 29 at 11 dpo).

Another person said hers was 34 at 11 dpo (same as me) and that by 13 dpo it had doubled.

Somebody else said hers was only 21.6 at 12 dpo and then 59 by 14 dpo.

Another was 22.2 at 12 dpo and 51.8 by 14 dpo.

Another was 39 at 12 dpo and 139 by 14 dpo.

Of course, a lot of other people started out much higher, and going by the charts it seems a little low for this time frame, which is kind of scary, but I guess that doesn't really necessarily mean a whole lot as long as it rises normally from here, and it seems like there are a lot of other women who do start out as low as this and then double just fine. I just wish I didn't have to wait four days to find out for sure! (Again if I could just see a darker line on one of my home tests I'd feel a bit more reassured. If that thing just stays this light or gets lighter there's no way I'm going to be able to stay very optimistic because like I said that was a sign of a problem for me last time, that it got lighter rather than darker). Glad I have no cramping or spotting or anything but I'll still feel better seeing my line get darker while I wait for more bloodwork results.

It's just that I read that once you have an ectopic you're more likely to have another, and I'm 39 so due to age I already have an increased risk of m/c, and it's just hard not to be scared it's going to happen again. I wish I could be more excited and happy instead- hopefully within a few days I can be!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Just getting caughht up on this. I am really, really sorry for your anxiety and having to wait. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I miscarried after my first ds. I remember all the fear when I got pregnant again, so worried my baby wouldn't make it. I carried that fear on some level to the end. Then my only fear was pain due to birth.:tongue_smilie:

Going to go see if you posted anymore.:grouphug:

I am not sure what to think. It went from 34.28 to 56.49 in about 46 hours. It didn't double. But it didn't rise as little as it did when I had my last ectopic. I am thinking of this as kind of inconclusive and I'm going to call dr again in AM and ask them to repeat it again tomorrow.

I am not sure what to think. It went from 34.28 to 56.49 in about 46 hours. It didn't double. But it didn't rise as little as it did when I had my last ectopic. I am thinking of this as kind of inconclusive and I'm going to call dr again in AM and ask them to repeat it again tomorrow.

Do take another one but this early on I would not panic too much about it not doubling. When I got pg with Izzy it was after my 6th m/c and I was a wreck. I was getting a ton ofblood work done, went for a u/s at 6 weeks etc. My numbers with her never doubled, at first they were slow to climb, good increase but not double, and then they skyrocketed. With my m/c right before her I was doing blood work often to check levels and my numbers at first would only go up by like 10 and then they started to drop quickly.

I had always heard about the doubling every 48 hours by my high risk ob told me in the early days it can take 72 hours to acheive doubling. So if you do it again tomorrow and there is a good increase even if not double I would still feel safe enough to go for a scan at 6 weeks to check placement.

I worried right through my whole pregnancy with Izzy that I was going to m/c, I had a very high risk complicated pregnancy with her which didn't help matters though.

Try not to stress between today and tomorrow. I think it is a very good sign that your numbers had a good rise. Take a first response test and you may yourself that dark line that could help your confidence too.

"In most normal pregnancies with hCG levels below 1,200 mIU/ml, the hCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours and increases by at least 60% every two"

I found this online today and based on this your levels are exactly on track. More than 60% increase in 2 days, it would have been double by today putting it at the 72 hour range not 48.

"In most normal pregnancies with hCG levels below 1,200 mIU/ml, the hCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours and increases by at least 60% every two"

I found this online today and based on this your levels are exactly on track. More than 60% increase in 2 days, it would have been double by today putting it at the 72 hour range not 48.

:iagree: It doesn't have to double in 48 hrs. exactly.

Edited by Momof3littles

Aaaaawwwww, Sweetie, you are driving yourself crazy. I wish you had an explosion in your numbers, but it all still appears so normal!

Hang in there. You can do it!

:grouphug: Sorry about this roller coaster ride you are on. It was 9 years and many negative HPTs thrown at the wall in frustration before I had my youngest. Prayers for some peace for you! Whatever happens I hope you find out one way or the other soon so you can celebrate or start planning the next try. I am hoping for the celebration ;)

Someone else had mentioned this....but you are becoming overly focused on numbers/tests....that stress alone can affect hormones...give yourself a breather..go a week without testing...there is nothing you can do to change what you body is going to do..but the stress over it is not good. I found out I was pregnant when I was already 18 weeks pregnant (I had been breast feeding my newborn (they are a year apart) so I never had a cycle...although I did not know from day one I was pregnant, I think it helped me to be that far along and not have time to worry...she came just 4 months later. Rest, breathe, live...let what happens happen.:grouphug:

:iagree::iagree: This! It's supposed to double every 48-72 hours not every 46- your numbers are GREAT! :) You got really good news today and you should definitely focus on that!! :)

Hang in there Nance. I hope you get some conclusive results that ease your mind soon. What you've got so far though seems positive. I hope all goes well for you at your husband's shop today and that everything goes well with the doc's tomorrow! Sending lots of cyberhugs and positive thoughts your way! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hang in there Nance. I hope you get some conclusive results that ease your mind soon. What you've got so far though seems positive. I hope all goes well for you at your husband's shop today and that everything goes well with the doc's tomorrow! Sending lots of cyberhugs and positive thoughts your way! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

:iagree:

I know it's hard not to stress and worry and panic over every little thing, but right now, it sounds like everything is right on track.

Try to get some rest -- and know that all of us are sending you all of our most positive thoughts and encouragement.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I suppose it is in the "normal" range, I just wish it would have doubled because then I'd feel more sure! But if I can get one more test that has doubled or very close to it, I'll feel better about things, I think! Hopefully the doctor will agree to fax over a script for one more blood test tomorrow and we'll see what happens!

The event today was fun and successful and it was nice socializing with a bunch of people and it was a good distraction that made today fly by. Now I'll be going up to bed to relax (and rest my feet, shoulda worn flats lol), and see what tomorrow brings!

Nancy, It looks good! Did you take a test today from a different brand so you can see the line?

Hang in there.

I didn't. I didn't take one last night and I didn't take any today. I figured I was just driving myself nuts with them and that since I was getting the blood test results today, that would be more definitive than what my line looked like. Unfortunately, I'm still driving myself nuts based on the blood test results lol. Trying to be positive about it though, and if I take another faint line test I'll just get myself all paranoid and worried all over again.

Probably, if this works out, I'll just be paranoid and worried through the whole first trimester anyway. :P

It sounds like all is well Nance! :001_smile:

I've never had an ectopic pregnancy, but I have m/c and I can sympathize with you on the wait. We got pregnant with our 2nd daughter about 6 weeks after we miscarried. It was so difficult waiting for results and trying to get through without letting worry consume me!

Praying you can find peace and joy this morning.