Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

The Hospital lab will be open! Can you just go there on Saturday? :D If it's like our hospital, if the doctor gives you a script you can walk into the lab for blood testing. It's worth asking your doc!

:iagree:

I hope you get the news you want -- and I hope you get it very, very soon!

Not for you -- for US! We're all stalking this thread, you know! :D

Seriously, though, I know how hard it is to wait by the phone when it's something this important. I truly hope you hear from them soon. :grouphug:

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hospital lab will be open! Can you just go there on Saturday? :D If it's like our hospital, if the doctor gives you a script you can walk into the lab for blood testing. It's worth asking your doc!

In the meantime, you can amuse yourself by comparing your test to other tests here. http://www.peeonastick.com/ ;)

Even if I found an open lab they would only give results to my dr, and my dr won't be around on the weekend so I'd be waiting til Monday for results anyway, unfortunately!

I will check out that website!

It's the afternoon. Shouldn't we.... I mean you hear back by now?

LOL I called at 1:20 and they said they didn't have my results yet. I figured I'd try again at about 2:30, so in about ten more minutes!

Ok, I called the lab and asked what I had to do to get a copy of the report. It's the hospital outpatient lab, so they said go to the medical records office at the hospital and bring my license and sign a waiver.

So I went and the woman who greeted me was a little cranky and informed me I was supposes to have given 24 hours notice and she was busy and could I come back another time. I said they hadn't told me that on the phone and I really needed the results for my dr for a possible ectopic (hopefully not but after last time I want to know what's going on right away!!) and she caved and got it for me.

I went to my car and immediately studied it.

My number is 34.28 and it says that should put me in the 0-1 week range (25-50, with 1-2 weeks being 40-300).

Now I should be 4 weeks today if that's counting the weeks of pregnancy and ovulation, 2 weeks if not.

I don't know if I should worry that the number is a little low or what.

I brought the report to my dr, found out that the lab IS actually open on Saturdays for a few hours, and was told to go repeat the test then.

They said if it doubles don't worry about anything and I can go in for an appt and ultrasound on 5/14. If it doesn't double we will talk about it then. But I still think I'm going to end up not finding out about Saturday's test until Monday so it's going to be a long few days!

In the meanwhile I really hope my line gets darker between now and then or I'm going to have myself convinced it's another ectopic!

Typing on my phone so excuse any typos!

Sorry I am so late checking in today...that darn kid actually expected me to teach him!

Oooh I see it too!! Congratulations honey!! :party: I'm doing the happy dance for you! woot!

Yeah...She is Alive!:D

A line is a line, no matter how faint. At least that's what boy#5 would tell me (he was a faint line). I can't wait until you hear the okay from the doctor that everything is okay! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

and 3 lines are not a fluke! I Love the Seuss!

Are you back from the lab yet? Are you peeing now?

ETA: I see you ARE back. we posted at the same time. So why are you posting here and not peeing on a stick??

We are not only impatient lot, but even figuring for East coast time, you all wake up WAY to early!

Arggh ok couldn't wait anymore and tested again. Pee did look darker than this morning's but line looked the same as this morning's (although it showed up within one minute). I think these tests will drive me crazy. But I will try to give it a whole day and see what it looks like tonight before bed and again tomorrow morning. Going to go occupy myself now, will update about what I hear from dr and results tonight.

Nance, you are pregnant honey! Congratulations! My doctor didn't even give me a pregnancy test. I told him I had peed on 4 tests and they were all positive. He said "well, those things are accurate, you might get one faulty, but not 4."

Just remember that it is early days, your HCG is supposed to be low right now, if your line got darker in a few days and then started lightening that would be a worry. Various shades of light at this point is to be expected.

I remember being a mix of happy and scared at this point with my last. A part of me didn't believe it. I found pregnancy a lot scarier after the 2 miscarriages. I kept thinking something was going wrong. That goes with time, I relaxed a bit at the 12 week mark and a lot at 28 weeks. We are all here to support you.

:grouphug::party::grouphug:

Ok, I called the lab and asked what I had to do to get a copy of the report. It's the hospital outpatient lab, so they said go to the medical records office at the hospital and bring my license and sign a waiver.

So I went and the woman who greeted me was a little cranky and informed me I was supposes to have given 24 hours notice and she was busy and could I come back another time. I said they hadn't told me that on the phone and I really needed the results for my dr for a possible ectopic (hopefully not but after last time I want to know what's going on right away!!) and she caved and got it for me.

My number is 34.28 and it says that should put me in the 0-1 week range (25-50, with 1-2 weeks being 40-300).

Now I should be 4 weeks today if that's counting the weeks of pregnancy and ovulation, 2 weeks if not.

I brought the report to my dr, found out that the lab IS actually open on Saturdays for a few hours, and was told to go repeat the test then.

They said if it doubles don't worry about anything and I can go in for an appt and ultrasound on 5/14. If it doesn't double we will talk about it then. But I still think I'm going to end up not finding out about Saturday's test until Monday so it's going to be a long few days!

In the meanwhile I really hope my line gets darker between now and then or I'm going to have myself convinced it's another ectopic!

:grouphug::grouphug: Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you wait. :grouphug::grouphug:

Oh sweetie! I can't even imagine the emotions you are feeling right now! :grouphug::grouphug: Since the unknown can't be known probably until Monday I want to focus on the positive that IS known and give you my heartiest congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm SO happy for you!! :party: :hurray: :cheers2: :grouphug::grouphug:

It is hard, but try not to worry. Is there anything you can do this weekend to distract yourself? You are pregnant! That is fantastic! You set yourself goals, and you have been working hard to achieve them, and now you are pregnant. Good job. Now, it's time to stay healthy and see what the Universe has planned for you and the new life. There is nothing you can do at this point but wait, sorry:grouphug:. I am sending positive thoughts (and a few prayers) your way.

There are dpo charts for beta hcg levels online. I don't think 30 something is out of the range of normal if you are 11 dpo (I think?).

My first beta with one of my kids was rather low at 12 dpo and he's 8 now. I think my first # with him was like 20 something or low 30s at 12dpo (and I had a trigger shot and IUI, so my dates were pretty accurate) You can have slightly late implantation and so forth too and even just a few hours here and there can swing things a bit.

As you know, the next # will be more informative, but IIRC the charts online wouldn't say your beta level is out of the range of normal if you are 11 dpo (I think you were 10 dpo yesterday?)

Do not be anxious about anything,but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

I will be praying that you will have this peace as you wait..;)

Congratulations!:D

There are dpo charts for beta hcg levels online. I don't think 30 something is out of the range of normal if you are 11 dpo (I think?).

My first beta with one of my kids was rather low at 12 dpo and he's 8 now. I think my first # with him was like 20 something or low 30s at 12dpo (and I had a trigger shot and IUI, so my dates were pretty accurate) You can have slightly late implantation and so forth too and even just a few hours here and there can swing things a bit.

As you know, the next # will be more informative, but IIRC the charts online wouldn't say your beta level is out of the range of normal if you are 11 dpo (I think you were 10 dpo yesterday?)

:iagree::iagree: I was coming to post the same thing. I'd be happy with the 34. In the old days I had links to lots of beta charts but they're long gone from my computer...

My understanding of betas is that under 5 is considered not pregnant. Given that, your betas would put you around 3 days past implantation (if the numbers start doubling right away, which I have no info about). That seems in line with 11 dpo, as I've generally heard 7-10 days to implantation from fertilization.

Congratulations. Prayers for a healthy baby and for the weekend to go quickly for you!

Looking a little online about the HCG numbers and seeing what other people said their's were at 11 dpo.

One person said their's was 56 at 13 dpo (which would have meant it was only around 28 at 11 dpo, probably) and that by four days later it was in the 500's.

Another said hers was 59 at 13 dpo, which would have had it around 29 at 11 dpo).

Another person said hers was 34 at 11 dpo (same as me) and that by 13 dpo it had doubled.

Somebody else said hers was only 21.6 at 12 dpo and then 59 by 14 dpo.

Another was 22.2 at 12 dpo and 51.8 by 14 dpo.

Another was 39 at 12 dpo and 139 by 14 dpo.

Of course, a lot of other people started out much higher, and going by the charts it seems a little low for this time frame, which is kind of scary, but I guess that doesn't really necessarily mean a whole lot as long as it rises normally from here, and it seems like there are a lot of other women who do start out as low as this and then double just fine. I just wish I didn't have to wait four days to find out for sure! (Again if I could just see a darker line on one of my home tests I'd feel a bit more reassured. If that thing just stays this light or gets lighter there's no way I'm going to be able to stay very optimistic because like I said that was a sign of a problem for me last time, that it got lighter rather than darker). Glad I have no cramping or spotting or anything but I'll still feel better seeing my line get darker while I wait for more bloodwork results.

It's just that I read that once you have an ectopic you're more likely to have another, and I'm 39 so due to age I already have an increased risk of m/c, and it's just hard not to be scared it's going to happen again. I wish I could be more excited and happy instead- hopefully within a few days I can be!

You are in a fine range for 11dpo! I attached a chart from BetaBase (which seems to be down at the moment). Median is 24. Range is 2 - 196.

post-4373-13535086617681_thumb.jpg

post-4373-13535086617681_thumb.jpg

Looking a little online about the HCG numbers and seeing what other people said their's were at 11 dpo.

One person said their's was 56 at 13 dpo (which would have meant it was only around 28 at 11 dpo, probably) and that by four days later it was in the 500's.

Another said hers was 59 at 13 dpo, which would have had it around 29 at 11 dpo).

Another person said hers was 34 at 11 dpo (same as me) and that by 13 dpo it had doubled.

Somebody else said hers was only 21.6 at 12 dpo and then 59 by 14 dpo.

Another was 22.2 at 12 dpo and 51.8 by 14 dpo.

Another was 39 at 12 dpo and 139 by 14 dpo.

Of course, a lot of other people started out much higher, and going by the charts it seems a little low for this time frame, which is kind of scary, but I guess that doesn't really necessarily mean a whole lot as long as it rises normally from here, and it seems like there are a lot of other women who do start out as low as this and then double just fine. I just wish I didn't have to wait four days to find out for sure! (Again if I could just see a darker line on one of my home tests I'd feel a bit more reassured. If that thing just stays this light or gets lighter there's no way I'm going to be able to stay very optimistic because like I said that was a sign of a problem for me last time, that it got lighter rather than darker). Glad I have no cramping or spotting or anything but I'll still feel better seeing my line get darker while I wait for more bloodwork results.

It's just that I read that once you have an ectopic you're more likely to have another, and I'm 39 so due to age I already have an increased risk of m/c, and it's just hard not to be scared it's going to happen again. I wish I could be more excited and happy instead- hopefully within a few days I can be!

Totally BTDT (not with an ectopic but with a miscarriage and a pregnancy a month after) so I won't tell you not to worry. It's impossible. ;) Just preoccupy yourself as best you can- maybe a few movie days are in order? Do you have a really good book you've been waiting to read?

That said- I think your betas are totally within normal range for 11dpo. Congrats! :001_smile:

ETA- On Saturday morning when you go to the lab, make really, really nice with the lab tech. ;) When I was anxiously awaiting the results of my second beta, the lab tech actually called and had the lab fax the results over early rather than making me wait for them to be delivered. I'm pretty sure I told her I loved her. :P

Edited by Coffeetime

You are in a fine range for 11dpo! I attached a chart from BetaBase (which seems to be down at the moment). Median is 24. Range is 2 - 196.

Thanks for posting that! That and a bunch of the anecdotal stories I've been reading are somewhat reassuring. But I guess I'm just not going to be 100% "ok" until I get verification that they're doubling from here. The wait is so hard!

Totally BTDT (not with an ectopic but with a miscarriage and a pregnancy a month after) so I won't tell you not to worry. It's impossible. ;) Just preoccupy yourself as best you can- maybe a few movie days are in order? Do you have a really good book you've been waiting to read?

That said- I think your betas are totally within normal range for 11dpo. Congrats! :001_smile:

ETA- On Saturday morning when you go to the lab, make really, really nice with the lab tech. ;) When I was anxiously awaiting the results of my second beta, the lab tech actually called and had the lab fax the results over early rather than making me wait for them to be delivered. I'm pretty sure I told her I loved her. :P

Ooh that was nice of her! I don't know if it would matter for me though because no-one will be at my doctor's office to receive a fax over the weekend, so I won't hear anything until Monday anyway. And since the lab is only open til 12 on Saturdays I'm not even sure if they'll deliver the results before Monday, but we'll see! I will be on the phone to the doctor's office first thing Monday morning to see if they got my results, and if they didn't, I'll be showing up at the Medical Records office again and hoping to finagle myself a copy from dragon lady again without 24 hours notice haha. But seriously by Saturday if my levels do double, my home test should show a darker line, right?? So maybe that will be an indication to not worry too much before Saturday. It'll help anyway.

Thanks everyone for all of the support, encouragement, prayers, good vibes, etc!

Sounds perfect to me. I had numbers like that with my last. He was the only one I had early blood work on. I was a bit further along then you too. He measured small on U/S too,but is very healthy!

Ooh that was nice of her! I don't know if it would matter for me though because no-one will be at my doctor's office to receive a fax over the weekend, so I won't hear anything until Monday anyway. And since the lab is only open til 12 on Saturdays I'm not even sure if they'll deliver the results before Monday, but we'll see! I will be on the phone to the doctor's office first thing Monday morning to see if they got my results, and if they didn't, I'll be showing up at the Medical Records office again and hoping to finagle myself a copy from dragon lady again without 24 hours notice haha. But seriously by Saturday if my levels do double, my home test should show a darker line, right?? So maybe that will be an indication to not worry too much before Saturday. It'll help anyway.

Thanks everyone for all of the support, encouragement, prayers, good vibes, etc!

Definitely finagle the results from Dragon Lady ASAP lol!:tongue_smilie:

I would think your pg test lines *should* get darker over the next couple of days... but if they don't I wouldn't take that as finality either. ;) You may have a batch of tests with very little dye. It also varies from brand to brand.

Yay!!!! :party:

I honestly don't think I've ever been the excited about someone else's pregnancy. :D

FWIW, I use Qwest lab, specifically because they have an app, as well as online access to my results. I get the report at the same time as my doc, can send them to other doctors by email or fax while I sit in their office, etc. (They are one of the options w/ LabCorp or the hospital lab where I have blood drawn, not an oddball Internet lab or anything) I like having control of my records. :-)

Your line should be darker....especially as you compare over a few days worth of tests. For me, it's hard to see the day to day change. FWIW, my lines are darker in early afternoon rather than with FMU....

My lines were VERY faint at 10dpo.....even at 12 dpo they didn't appear right away--it was about 90 seconds in.

I'm 5w4d today.... :)

With your history I am not sure why the doc didn't just do a sono to see if the implantation is where it should be.

She's much too early. An ultrasound wouldn't show a sac until the beta is at least 1000 (or maybe it's 2000 - I can't remember)

With your history I am not sure why the doc didn't just do a sono to see if the implantation is where it should be.

You cant see a fetal pole or sac until at LEAST 4-5wks. at 4wk youd see a sac, maybe. BUT a thick unterine lining. At 5wks youd see a sac/pole/etc and at 6wks you COULD see a HB.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When was your LMP or when do you think you ovulated? Sometimes you can implant late, there is nothing set in stone for when you have to implant. Its different with every pregnancy and every person. The important thing is that your numbers are doubling!! Id get a repeat, then schedule an u/s for about 2 weeks from now. :)

Your line should be darker....especially as you compare over a few days worth of tests. For me, it's hard to see the day to day change. FWIW, my lines are darker in early afternoon rather than with FMU....

My lines were VERY faint at 10dpo.....even at 12 dpo they didn't appear right away--it was about 90 seconds in.

I'm 5w4d today.... :)

Congrats!! :) I took another test a few min ago and it's still ridiculously light. I really hope tomorrow's looks better!

She's much too early. An ultrasound wouldn't show a sac until the beta is at least 1000 (or maybe it's 2000 - I can't remember)

Yeah, nothing would show up yet. They plan to do one on the 14th when I'm just past 5 weeks, not even sure how much they will be able to see then!

Dh and I have been TTC since November. We have had 3 losses and made an appt with a peri for later this month. Then I got an unexpected and unplanned bfp 12 days ago. I think I was 12??? dpo?? (AF was due but I ov'd late) Anyway, I went in the *next* morning and had a quantitative hCG drawn. It was 44. I wasn't hopeful. Then I had spotting for about 30 hours. So I had another draw (96 hours after the first) and it was 444!!! Then 75 hours later it was 1373.

I am nervous and scared and won't believe this one is sticking until I see a heartbeat on u/s. I have an appt with the peri on 5/8.

I am also 39. I really understand. I really do. :grouphug: It isn't easy. I am happy for you, waiting with you, and praying!!!!

You cant see a fetal pole or sac until at LEAST 4-5wks. at 4wk youd see a sac, maybe. BUT a thick unterine lining. At 5wks youd see a sac/pole/etc and at 6wks you COULD see a HB.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When was your LMP or when do you think you ovulated? Sometimes you can implant late, there is nothing set in stone for when you have to implant. Its different with every pregnancy and every person. The important thing is that your numbers are doubling!! Id get a repeat, then schedule an u/s for about 2 weeks from now. :)

LMP was 4/5/12. I think I ovulated cycle day 18 (4/22/12) because I got a positive opk on cd17 (4/21/12). So that would make me 11 dpo today.

Got my first pos hpt yesterday evening but after 3 tests today (morning, later morning, and evening) (way too obsessive, I know)! the lines still look sooo faint, I think all of them today were fainter than the one from yesterday evening. I hope it looks more noticeable tomorrow!

Dh and I have been TTC since November. We have had 3 losses and made an appt with a peri for later this month. Then I got an unexpected and unplanned bfp 12 days ago. I think I was 12??? dpo?? (AF was due but I ov'd late) Anyway, I went in the *next* morning and had a quantitative hCG drawn. It was 44. I wasn't hopeful. Then I had spotting for about 30 hours. So I had another draw (96 hours after the first) and it was 444!!! Then 75 hours later it was 1373.

I am nervous and scared and won't believe this one is sticking until I see a heartbeat on u/s. I have an appt with the peri on 5/8.

I am also 39. I really understand. I really do. :grouphug: It isn't easy. I am happy for you, waiting with you, and praying!!!!

Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your pregnancy!! Good luck with your appointment! I have my fingers crossed for both of us!

They plan to do one on the 14th when I'm just past 5 weeks, not even sure how much they will be able to see then!

LMP was 4/5/12. I think I ovulated cycle day 18 (4/22/12) because I got a positive opk on cd17 (4/21/12). So that would make me 11 dpo today.

Do you mean 5 weeks from your actual LMP or at 21 dpo? (I'd pretend the LMP was 3 days later, 14 days before your ovulation). Just a few days makes a big difference on ultrasound. I'd hope for a sac, and then seeing a fetal pole would be a bonus.

I have an appt with the peri on 5/8.

Hang in there and good luck!!! (Have you been checked for clotting issues, etc.?)