Menu

Am I crazy or is this a positive pregnancy test?!?!

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL you guys. I physically have at least 5 more tests already in my possession but it seemed pointless to test again tonight! I will hold off til AM and hope like heck for a darker line! Thanks for "keeping me company" through this! :D

LOL you guys. I physically have at least 5 more tests already in my possession but it seemed pointless to test again tonight! I will hold off til AM and hope like heck for a darker line! Thanks for "keeping me company" through this! :D

Maybe a darker line? I mean there wasn't much point in taking the second one tonight, so who needs a point for the third time?!

Besides a positive means at least two are just going to waste anyways.

;D

I'm also kind of freaking out because I have had mild/minor crampiness on and off for a lot of today. I thought it was a sign I'd be getting my period tonight or tomorrow. It could still be that, or I guess it could be a pg symptom as I've read a lot of women have some crampiness in very early pregnancy and that it is pretty common. Hopefully it doesn't mean something is wrong. I hope I can sleep tonight lol.

I also had implantation cramps at about 10 days out.

That's what my positive looked like on a Dollar Tree test, at 10 days post O. I was so unsure, as it was so faint, that I took the test apart and looked at it in the sunlight, and STILL couldn't tell. I ended up getting a first response test, which was obviously positive, with the same urine. I think the dollar store saves money by using light dye, lol.

So yes, looks positive to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo HOOOOOOOO!

This happened to me as well. After two bargain brand tests (one neg, one faint), I went out and got a good name brand test. Next morning my line was good and pink.

I look forward to offering you firm congratulations in the morning. :001_smile:

PS - Martha, you crack me up. :lol:

I'm also kind of freaking out because I have had mild/minor crampiness on and off for a lot of today. I thought it was a sign I'd be getting my period tonight or tomorrow. It could still be that, or I guess it could be a pg symptom as I've read a lot of women have some crampiness in very early pregnancy and that it is pretty common. Hopefully it doesn't mean something is wrong. I hope I can sleep tonight lol.

With 3 of my 4 pregnancies I had cramping. I was so sure Aunt Flo was going to start at any moment. I am sending positive thoughts your way!

My husband just glanced over and said, "Oh...who's pregnant?" So he sees two lines! Congratulations!

My dh likes to read the board over my shoulder... "So, what are you ladies up to tonight..."

I see it.... I see it :party:

I had cramping with all of my pregnancies for about 4 weeks - I took ibprofin with them all thinking AF was coming.

I'm so jealous of people that can get a positive at 10 dpo. All of my pregnancies I never got a positve test till one week after my period was due -and by then it took the fun out because I already knew( I'm never late) :D

I'm really not sure, but I'm soooooo hoping that it is :D.

Can't wait for the update!

:grouphug:

Cassy

ETA I just went back for another look and realised that I'd been looking at the wrong bit the first time (it's been almost six years since I used one of those things) - there's definitely a line there, how exciting!

Edited by Cassy

I have always been very crampy at the beginning of my pregnancies. It feels like your period is about to start. Totally normal! :)

Me toooo. All three of my pregnancies began with "darn it, I'm getting my period" and then feeling depressed.

I consider myself more or less an expert on HPTs :tongue_smilie:, and I say it's quite likely that's a very early positive. At this point I'd probably take it out of the plastic case to get a better look :D

When I test in the morning, I like to pee first to clear out all the old pee (that may have a lower concentration of hormone from being earlier, as hours matter at this very early stage), then not drink any liquids for an hour or so (lol) and then do the test. It doesn't take much in a cup. Or, pee in the middle of the night and then test first thing in the morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! :)

OK I am hoping THIS advice will do the trick because I tested about 7:20 AM (about 30-35 minutes ago) and I did see a line show up again within 2 min, but it was still SO faint. It's possible it wasn't even as dark as the one I took yesterday evening.

Which freaks me out a little because last time, with the ectopic, my tests kept getting lighter instead of darker, which was one of the signs something was wrong.

Of course, with that one, I also had brown spotting, and so far this time, no spotting of any kind.

The pee DID look a bit on the pale side this morning, not extremely dark and concentrated, so I'm going to wait a few hours without peeing or drinking anything and then try again to see if I can get a darker line with more concentrated pee.

Ugh, this waiting and wondering is killing me!

P.S. I'm also going to call the dr when they open at 9 and request a blood test/HCG levels check.

That's no excuse. She has a mobile device - right?! She should have it near the bathroom and in between heaves, she can post her results. Really. This is quite rude of her . . . .

:lol:

Are you up yet?

How 'bout now?

Now?

Drip...drip...drip...drip...

Anything?

OK I am hoping THIS advice will do the trick because I tested about 7:20 AM (about 30-35 minutes ago) and I did see a line show up again within 2 min, but it was still SO faint. It's possible it wasn't even as dark as the one I took yesterday evening.

Which freaks me out a little because last time, with the ectopic, my tests kept getting lighter instead of darker, which was one of the signs something was wrong.

Of course, with that one, I also had brown spotting, and so far this time, no spotting of any kind.

The pee DID look a bit on the pale side this morning, not extremely dark and concentrated, so I'm going to wait a few hours without peeing or drinking anything and then try again to see if I can get a darker line with more concentrated pee.

P.S. I'm also going to call the dr when they open at 9 and request a blood test/HCG levels check.

Yes. Call the Dr. I hate to say this but, I never had any bleeding or symptoms whatsoever. Not even pain other than what I thought was normal with my ectopic who we found out was ectopic at 10w. Of course my line was dark up until I went to the ER. I take tests for like 2 weeks after I find out I'm pregnant. I keep thinking I read the thing wrong. LOL

Still really hoping that in just a few months we'll be hearing all about your healthy newborn!!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: A line is a line, no matter how faint. At least that's what boy#5 would tell me (he was a faint line). I can't wait until you hear the okay from the doctor that everything is okay! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Everyone is so different in what symptoms they experience when pregnant. I didn't have any strange symptoms with 2 ectopic pgs. When pregnant following an IVF cycle, I had cramping and spotting....then had twins. So, you never know. I do think that any line, no matter how dark, does indicate a pregnancy. Can't wait until your doctor's office opens!!

You have given me something to do while I wait for Jen to walk to school and get run over by the crazy lady with the stroller and Audrey's dinner engagement. :D