Menu

URGENT prayer request, please.

My friend and neighbor is a homeschooling mother of nine children. She delivered her ninth child three weeks ago. After delivery it was discovered that she has severe heart failure. She has had two heart attacks since Friday. She is a devout Christian lady with a strong faith. She is a wonderful mother and friend. Her name is Sairah. Please lift her up in prayer. Her husband just notified us that her blood pressure is dropping.

UPDATE at POST 22

UPDATE at POST 35

Update at Post 41

Update at Post 46 (good news!)

Edited by Cammie

UPDATE - In the morning her BP was dropping and we were told to expect the worst. During the day (here) her BP did rise a bit but her heart really needs to start doing some of the work on its own. The family is getting tons of support from their local church community. The little baby is so sweet and does just break your heart to see him. We are all praying very hard for Sairah, her husband, and her children as they go through this.

My sis will be bringing home their 9th child soon and this is my greatest fear for them. If anything ever happened to mom ... oh I just can't even imagine how hard that would be on the entire family.

Praying, praying, praying!

Praying for mom's health, for the doctor's wisdom, for strength for poor dad, and for all those little grieving hearts.

:grouphug:

:grouphug:prayers:grouphug:

UPDATE - In the morning her BP was dropping and we were told to expect the worst. During the day (here) her BP did rise a bit but her heart really needs to start doing some of the work on its own. The family is getting tons of support from their local church community. The little baby is so sweet and does just break your heart to see him. We are all praying very hard for Sairah, her husband, and her children as they go through this.

Thank you for all of your prayers. Last night things were looking a bit better, this morning not so much. She is on a ventilator at the moment. Husband is praying for a miracle but also accepting if God wants her home. We are all just hoping and praying that she is strong enough to continue this fight.

Update - this evening the doctors offered the option of having a heart-lung machine attached. The feeling is that this machine can allow her heart to rest for weeks and give it time to heal. They were willing to do this as her other organs are currently strong and bp was stable today. She went into the procedure about an hour ago and it is expected to take three more hours. Please pray for her, for her family and for the doctors here. The family feels that this option opened up as a result of the prayers they have been receiving for Sairah's life.

Update - this evening the doctors offered the option of having a heart-lung machine attached. The feeling is that this machine can allow her heart to rest for weeks and give it time to heal. They were willing to do this as her other organs are currently strong and bp was stable today. She went into the procedure about an hour ago and it is expected to take three more hours. Please pray for her, for her family and for the doctors here. The family feels that this option opened up as a result of the prayers they have been receiving for Sairah's life.

Thank you for the update. I will continue to pray for Sairah.

I pray this will work. Is she conscious?

Thank you for posting the update. I am glad to hear her doctors are working so hard to give her every possible way to recover. It sounds like they are really fighting for her survival.

Still praying here -- when I first saw that you'd updated the thread, I feared the worst, because things didn't sound good yesterday.

Thank you all for your prayers! The surgery went well but it took about seven hours. She is now on the machine and this will hopefully give her heart a chance to heal. There were nice, happy sounds from the house last night (after a long time!) I think the family feels this option arose as a direct result from the prayers for Sairah's healing that have been going up from all over the world.

Update - For all of you who are praying ...the doctors are saying it is prayer that is responsible for the remarkable progress she is making. They had to do a quadruple bypass a few days ago. She is recovering from that surgery well. The ECMO machine that was doing the work of her heart and lungs has been reduced to 45%. The doctors are saying that today they hope to have her off of it!! She is not yet allowed to be out of the sedation but the hope it that once the external machines are removed they will allow her to be awake.

The doctors are saying that the next 24 hours are critical to see if her heart can take up the work by itself. They have requested prayers as well.

Thank you all so much!

- Cammie

So glad she had the surgery.

Continuing to pray.

Update - For all of you who are praying ...the doctors are saying it is prayer that is responsible for the remarkable progress she is making. They had to do a quadruple bypass a few days ago. She is recovering from that surgery well. The ECMO machine that was doing the work of her heart and lungs has been reduced to 45%. The doctors are saying that today they hope to have her off of it!! She is not yet allowed to be out of the sedation but the hope it that once the external machines are removed they will allow her to be awake.

The doctors are saying that the next 24 hours are critical to see if her heart can take up the work by itself. They have requested prayers as well.

Thank you all so much!

- Cammie