Menu

Yeah, I'm ungrateful.

If you buy your wife a Kindle Fire for Christmas please buy it from Amazon. It is an amazon product for crying out loud and they return everything so easily. Do not buy it from another store that will only give you store credit for the return, especially since what she really needs is new window shades.

And yes, I know what he got me because he registered it at amazon under my email acct. and they sent me an email about it. I never, ever return the gifts he gets me, he has returned some of mine. I know I should just be thankful...

Speaking of husbands and gift giving, I received the exact same pair of dress slacks in same color twice in a row. I wore the first pair at least once a week to work, so you'd think he should have noticed. It is now a family joke.

:lol: You must've look gooood in them for him to buy another pair.

Oh my goodness, what a great reminder.....no more complaining here about DH! (ok, well, maybe just a little, but nothing big)

Dawn

:iagree: And that you have a dh at all.....a hsing mom here lost her husband in a work accident this past August. Shortly thereafter she found out she had breast cancer and had a double mastectomy last weekend. Makes one grateful to be alive.

I try never to return or show displeasure in gifts from dh. He is very thoughtful, but usually way off. Sometimes I'm disappointed and think "I don't need this." and wish I had the money for something else. I push those thoughts aside and honor dh's thoughtfulness.

Perhaps your dh wanted you to have a present for you to just enjoy. Not something practical for the house. Maybe he thinks you get too many practical things, wants to give something special just for you.

My dh tries to give me stuff that is just for me. Last year he gave me a new dress coat. The dress coat I had was about 20+ years old, in OK condition. He thought I should have something new. My mental reaction including thinking about not needing it and the cost. A year later, someone else is enjoying my old coat and I really feel stylish on cold days in my new coat. One of my favorite presents is a watch dh gave me several years ago. I had been training for an open water swim and I complained the watch I had swimming leaked and broke (it was meant to be used for swimming). DH went and bought me a dive watch, much more expensive (to deal with pressure) and it is analog not digital. It's really not great for helping me with split times, because you really need digital for that. I love the watch. Dh was really thinking of a present just for me.

Well, since you said you never return gifts from him, maybe he felt it didn't matter?

FYI, my DH bought me a Kindle for Mother's Day a few years ago and registered it with his account. Because of that, I accidentally purchased my first book under his name, and while it would have been awesome to keep charging him for my books, it was very easy to change it to my Amazon account, just in case you wanted to avoid this in the future.

:lol:

Maybe you'll love the Kindle and be happy for it. At least he's being thoughtful.

Yes, he is. He is a great guy. I'm sure I will like it. I just finished making a new valance and was bummed that I couldn't get some cute bamboo roman shades to go with it. Ah, well. I'll get over it. I'm really surprised dh isn't clamoring to have the window covered considering how energy bill conscious he is. :D

Yeah, it was BB. I think I can return it though. I may keep it though & just put up with naked windows.

Keep it and enjoy it. Your dh wanted to do something special for you, and spend money on something you wanted instead of something you needed.

Your dh sounds like a keeper to me! :001_smile:

PS. If my husband gave me window treatments for Christmas, I would quite probably strangle him with the cord. (Just saying... :tongue_smilie:)

I just finished making a new valance and was bummed that I couldn't get some cute bamboo roman shades to go with it. Ah, well. I'll get over it. I'm really surprised dh isn't clamoring to have the window covered considering how energy bill conscious he is. :D

Maybe he thinks you've already bought them for him then? :D

Rosie

Keep it and enjoy it. Your dh wanted to do something special for you, and spend money on something you wanted instead of something you needed.

PS. If my husband gave me window treatments for Christmas, I would quite probably strangle him with the cord. (Just saying... :tongue_smilie:)

:lol::lol:

I received the same ring twice. He would see it on my finger everyday. I showed him. He rolled his eyes. He returned it to buy the same earings that he already had gotten me the year before. I had them in my ears when he brought them home. I finally rolled my eyes and asked him how he could manage twice. :) Now, I buy for me and let the girls wrap it!

Let's not even remember the year he bought me a ring that was the same as my engagement ring!

Edit: While I know I should be glad that he thought of me, I can't help but think it was just inattentive. I felt as if he didn't pay any attention personally to me, which is probably more true than I care to admit!

Funny thing - I wanted a new battery pack for my hammer drill. Geesh.

Edited by ChrissySC

Yes, he is. He is a great guy. I'm sure I will like it. I just finished making a new valance and was bummed that I couldn't get some cute bamboo roman shades to go with it. Ah, well. I'll get over it. I'm really surprised dh isn't clamoring to have the window covered considering how energy bill conscious he is. :D

If you cover the window with an old sheet, your dh may get the hint. ;)

I received the same ring twice. He would see it on my finger everyday. I showed him. He rolled his eyes. He returned it to buy the same earings that he already had gotten me the year before. I had them in my ears when he brought them home. I finally rolled my eyes and asked him how he could manage twice. :) Now, I buy for me and let the girls wrap it!

Let's not even remember the year he bought me a ring that was the same as my engagement ring!

Edit: While I know I should be glad that he thought of me, I can't help but think it was just inattentive. I felt as if he didn't pay any attention personally to me, which is probably more true than I care to admit!

Funny thing - I wanted a new battery pack for my hammer drill. Geesh.

:lol: Your dh is certainly consistent in his taste!

I knew a lady who started wearing mismatched earrings to see how long it would take her dh to notice. When we moved away, it had been several months and he still hadn't noticed. :lol:

I try never to return or show displeasure in gifts from dh. He is very thoughtful, but usually way off. Sometimes I'm disappointed and think "I don't need this." and wish I had the money for something else. I push those thoughts aside and honor dh's thoughtfulness.

I agree. In the past, when I have returned or exchanged something that DH bought me, it made things uncomfortable and I felt icky.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this here............ when DH buys something for me and puts it under the tree, I unwrap it and peek to see what it is. This prepares me for Christmas morning. I'm not good at receiving surprises and if I know what it is ahead of time, I can be more gracious and grateful.:leaving:

Maybe after Christmas you can have a conversation about how energy efficient the blinds would be, and he will insist you run out and buy some. :001_smile:

My dh bought me a size 16 pants and blouse one year that looked like something his mother would wear. I am a size 4.

:iagree:

Maybe after Christmas you can have a conversation about how energy efficient the blinds would be, and he will insist you run out and buy some. :001_smile:

My dh bought me a size 16 pants and blouse one year that looked like something his mother would wear. I am a size 4.

We can switch!

My husband returned from trip with a track suit top for me (no...I did not like it) that was 2 sizes too small! I asked him why he got it and he said it was the only size they have left?!? Well, skip it then, DH, I look like a stuffed sausage in it.

For years I have tried to be gracious over gifts I just do not like (and I do not think I am not hard to buy for) but my patience is wearing thin. I know it is not personal - but it feels like he doesn't know me at all when he buys me stuff over and over again that I do not care for.

My DH got his hair cut and let the barber trim his sideburns a lot. I loved his side burns. I was so hurt. I think I may have actually said, "YOu don't love me anymore."

Two days later we went to church to learn that an elder of ours had left his wife and 5 dc for a woman at work.

Suddenly, I loved DH's newly trimmed sideburns!

Just felt compelled to share that story.

and was bummed that I couldn't get some cute bamboo roman shades to go with it.

Tread carefully with bamboo shades. Mine were super-heavy and continue to stretch longer every year! It's like they are still alive. :tongue_smilie: Go as lightweight as you can when you have the chance to get them. :)

You might find yourself loving it.

Dh's Nook is my favorite book now...;)and I'm the one who did not want an

e-reader of any kind. He's getting me an e-ink e-reader for Christmas, because he's tired of sharing:001_huh:.

The Kindle Fire looks pretty cool to me. Give us a review if you decide to keep it.

Yeah, it was BB. I think I can return it though. I may keep it though & just put up with naked windows.

You should be able to return it for cash. Last year my hubby bought me a $900 camera from Best Buy--NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!--and, of course, I returned it for cash.

This year I think we must impose a strict limit....

LOL, me too!

Our first year together, my hubby got me a gift certificate......to the grocery store!

HAHAHA! We have a good laugh over it now, and he has gotten much better.

The harder part nowadays is finding something super awesome for him that doesn't cost $4958734958743.

especially since what she really needs is new window shades.

:lol:

For the past two years I have unwrapped nearly identical packets of brochures for a variety of window shades. The papers came with the promise of shades or blinds on all the windows before spring.

I still have bare windows. :D

Tread carefully with bamboo shades. Mine were super-heavy and continue to stretch longer every year! It's like they are still alive. :tongue_smilie: Go as lightweight as you can when you have the chance to get them. :)

No! Don't say that. Ugh. I need to do more research then.

He is a keeper. :001_smile: I know I am weird compared to other women. I did ask for a vacuum one year for Christmas. I wanted a light fixture for mother's day, and a new door for my birthday. I'm saving this birthday for a new storm door. My 17ds was the one who bought me the vacuum, too. Is my dil going to hate me some day?

:iagree:This is what I was thinking. I love getting things for the house, but most women complain if they do. I be he thought that you were going to love it.

You know. I probably will love it. He wanted me to play with it when I found out. I told him, No! I need something to look forward to on Christmas. If I play with it now it won't be as special. I feel like a heel today.

But maybe he also got you window coverings? I can see that he might have thought that wasn't a personal enough gift.

He knew what I wanted, however, he doesn't think things for the home are as neat to get. I'm weird that way. Like I said below. I will probably be eating my words and will love the kindle.

No, No NO! Do NOT make this mistake. I did this once because I was desperate and dh saw it and said it looked really nice. :001_huh:

Yeah, I can't do that. Dh doesn't care so much what the house looks like. If it will save him money we can cover all the windows with sheets. LOL