Menu

I'm just on here to irritate some of you!!!

I have four pies baked, homemade rolls finished, about four dozen cookies, the turkey and the pork loin are smoked. All the veggies are in their crockpots waiting for me to turn them on later, and our exchange students just finished decorating my gingerbread house.

Now, what movie shall we watch and who wants a drink?

I have four pies baked, homemade rolls finished, about four dozen cookies, the turkey and the pork loin are smoked. All the veggies are in their crockpots waiting for me to turn them on later, and our exchange students just finished decorating my gingerbread house.

:D Movie?! There's football on at noon. :D

Well, I can play this, too.

Corn Chowder-ready and waiting to be heated.

Turkey is roasted and carved and ready to be reheated.

Stuffing-prepared and ready to be reheated.

Mashed potatoes-done and ready to be reheated

Veggies-prepped and ready to be roasted tomorrow.

Cranberry sauce-ready to be served.

All that is left to do is set the table and I won't do that until everyone has eaten tomorrow so my tablecloth does not get dirty.

Edited by kewb

Wow.

I'm impressed and I would be jealous but dh and my older girls are doing the cooking tomorrow, so...I'm not (jealous, that is ;).)

I have cleaned and decluttered like a madwoman today though, so definitely ready to kick back now <insert exhausted smiley>.

How's this for irritating? My mom and dad are cooking dinner tomorrow, except for my dd's award winning challah bread (first place at the local county fair ♥). The girls spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa's house baking pies, my dh cleaned out the garage and then went to the grocery store (oh yeah, I married up!), and I hung out all afternoon with my boys and a friend at the park.

So now I am drinking wine and reading the boards while my girls do dishes. Top that! :tongue_smilie:

Good. It was someone else's turn.

I've never made a gingerbread house. It looks fun. I saw kits at the supermarket, but that'd be cheating.

Rosie

Gingerbread houses are so much fun to make. we make them for the country show.

They are really very easy, no need for a kit. Just make sure you bake the gingerbread very hard, soft walls collapse

Well.....

Pies are purchased

rolls are in the freezer waiting for me to rip the bag open and heat

:tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Now, tomorrow DH will make his fabulous mashed potatoes and I will make my wonderful sweet potato casserole with real sweet potatoes (not canned), but those really are better made fresh.

You know, I think I'll put a gingerbread house kit on the shopping list. We have a dodgy oven that will burn it to a crisp before I have time to, uh <insert Australianism> The kids should get a kick out of it, and that should inspire me to remember to make a proper one in our next house. :)

Rosie

How's this for irritating? My mom and dad are cooking dinner tomorrow, except for my dd's award winning challah bread (first place at the local county fair ♥). The girls spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa's house baking pies, my dh cleaned out the garage and then went to the grocery store (oh yeah, I married up!), and I hung out all afternoon with my boys and a friend at the park.

So now I am drinking wine and reading the boards while my girls do dishes. Top that! :tongue_smilie:

You win. A husband that cleans out the garage AND goes to the grocery store the day before a holiday makes you a winner. I thought that man was a myth...I've heard about them, but never thought I'd see one... :D

Mine would brave the store (and did!) but cleaning out the garage...nah.

All that is left to do is set the table and I won't do that until everyone has eaten tomorrow so my tablecloth does not get dirty.

Putting on the tablecloth AFTER everyone has eaten kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I mean, why bother then? ;)

Jk. I assume you were referring to breakfast. :001_smile:

Putting on the tablecloth AFTER everyone has eaten kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I mean, why bother then? ;)

Jk. I assume you were referring to breakfast. :001_smile:

Believe me, I have thought about just using the table pad with dh's family.

I am not in charge of the main meal but snacks so:

Kids and I did chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate in the molds. Dh actually tried it out too. Kids were thrilled :)

Also, did a fruit tray.

Today's supper was homemade chicken soup. It was a hit and it was only the second time I made it.

clothes all cleaned and packed. Kitchen all clean.

Homeschooling done.

Pretty good day for me.

Oh- I have bought those Gingerbread house kits. Let's just say, mine never stayed together and was sitting in pieces hard as a rock in the basement for a few months after the horrific experience. Fortunately, I have another kit that I can try my hand at this year :D

I've never made a gingerbread house. It looks fun. I saw kits at the supermarket, but that'd be cheating.

Rosie

Don't buy a kit and then leave it in your pantry until June when you finally give in to DD's begging to put it together. When the busted open packaging makes you go, "hmmm," don't grab the gray fuzzy ball that you think is a big mass of mold. It might suddenly jump out of your hand and take off running while you jump on the couch screaming. Your DD, wondering what's going on, might then copy you and jump on the couch screaming as well. When you recover your composure, you might then call DH freaking out, who puts mice traps in the pantry to catch the critter. A few days later, you'd come home wondering why your house smells like something died and discovered something did die: that mass of gray fuzzy mold.

Don't buy a kit and then leave it in your pantry until June when you finally give in to DD's begging to put it together. When the busted open packaging makes you go, "hmmm," don't grab the gray fuzzy ball that you think is a big mass of mold. It might suddenly jump out of your hand and take off running while you jump on the couch screaming. Your DD, wondering what's going on, might then copy you and jump on the couch screaming as well. When you recover your composure, you might then call DH freaking out, who puts mice traps in the pantry to catch the critter. A few days later, you'd come home wondering why your house smells like something died and discovered something did die: that mass of gray fuzzy mold.

:ack2:

Pies are purchased

This is me. I was going to make them from scratch but I came down with mastitis yesterday, so I had no choice but to sit around and rest all day so that I'm (hopefully) better by Thanksgiving, the kids would be disappointed to miss it. We're going to my mom's house and I was in charge of the pies, now I'll bring Costco pies instead.

All this food talk is making me hungry! Anway, what I have lined up...

spiral-sliced ham from Trader Joe's in the fridge ready to be heated up tomorrow

potatoes in the bag waiting to be boiled

salad, bought from my favorite Italian restaurant for $6.50

cookies, also from the Italian restaurant

bottles of wine

DONE! Or am I forgetting something. Hmm.

Oh yeah? Well...

I just made 3 pumpkin pies; 2 french silk pies; 1 peanut butter pie; 1 pumpkin roll; 2 banana cream pies; and some gluten free ginger snaps.

MmmHmmm...NOW who rocks?!;)

I couldn't help but think that all you're missing is the partridge in the pear tree! :D

Oh, and YOU rock! That's who!

2 truffle tarts are done. (Chocolate truffle filling in pie form :drool5:

Lemon bars are done.

Crinkle cookie dough is chilling overnight.

I am about to make a pumpkin cheesecake and two pie crusts.

Tomorrow I mix the pumpkin pies and bake them, bake the cookies and homemade bread.

We are going to SIL's house, but not until 5 pm. Some things need to be fresh, mainly the bread :)

Rosie

They are very fun!

We make ours the weekend after Thanksgiving. The houses sit in our Lemax Sugar n Spice Gingerbread village up 'til New Years. Then we blow them up with leftover 4th of July firecrackers on New Years Eve. Really cool! :D

Oh, I didn't cook the dressing, I just prepped it. It is ready to put in the oven.

:iagree: Same here.

Prepped the cornbread stuffing tonight and put it in a casserole dish for cooking tomorrow.

ETA: Also got the cranberry jello salad molded tonight. Relish tray items prepped. Wine and Sparkling cider chilling. Turkey will be roasted tomorrow morning along with potatoes boiling for homemade cheesy mashed potatoes (I like them freshly made -- heating in the crockpot while the turkey is roasting). Rolls thaw overnight. Table is already set with holiday linens and china. :)

Well, I came home from a lonnnnggg dr. appt for ds#3 (doctor is a great guy, just always late) and ds 13 had already cooked 2 pumpkin pies (didn't ask him to) & dh had just put an apple pie and an apricot pie in the oven after doing all the dishes. Since the "spine" of the meal was now done :) , ds 13 and I made 3 batches of cranberry sauce, experimenting with amount of sugar to see if it affected how much it gelled. (Recipe called for 1:1 sugar to water, but 3/4 :1 worked as did .5 : 1 in case anyone is interested!) I made stuffing (well I guess it's dressing since it's not going in the bird) tonight. Since I recently had surgery and am not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds, someone else will have to wrestle the turkey through its bath and into the oven. :p Some of those ds's who didn't help can peel the potatoes, so I'll be able to enjoy a nice hike in the woods tomorrow!

Turkey is brining

Squash rolls are baked

Cranberry-Applesauce is done (Do I get bonus points for smashing the berries and apples through a sieve since I don't have a foodmill?)

Sweet Potato Cranberry Casserole is prepped and in the fridge (with real sweet potatoes, lol).

Green Bean Casserole is ready to assemble and bake (I made a sauce instead of using canned soup)

Pumpkin pies are baked (we did use canned pumpkin for that one)

I would have done more but we are out of refrigerator space. So tomorrow I just need to pop the turkey in the oven, make the turkey-neck stock for the gravy, make the mashed potatoes, make the dressing, finish up the gravy, and heat up the dressing, sweet potatoes, and green beans. That will keep me busy for a couple of hours but the kids will be helping.

I crashed out early with the (teething, daytime nursing strike) baby and got up this morning to discover that DH had not done much of anything he'd said he was going to do last night, such as the dishes, clearing tables and prepping the living room so we had places for people to eat (maybe even around a table), cleaning the bathroom, etc.

DW#2 will be waking soon to go to work...I'm going to take her so I can pick up the muffin cups I forgot to add to the list--fresh muffins for breakfast is a tradition passed down from my mom. Then I guess I'll start in on cleaning up the kitchen, etc.

You know, I think I'll put a gingerbread house kit on the shopping list. We have a dodgy oven that will burn it to a crisp before I have time to, uh <insert Australianism> The kids should get a kick out of it, and that should inspire me to remember to make a proper one in our next house. :)

Rosie

http://cheeriosinmysneakers.blogspot.com/2010/01/weekly-report-111-111510.html

Here's ours from a couple of years ago. It was a kit....but we had to bake it. I like the pre baked or Graham cracker ones better...but we had fun.

Enjoy....

Faithe

I'm on my way to the grocery store to buy a turkey. (They are usually marked down by Thanksgiving day.)

I am packing the car as us and extended family are spending a couple of days at Peddlers Village in Pa, eating Thanksgiving dinner tonight at Cock and Bull Rest. (never been there, but at least I don't have to cook lol). Last year we all caravaned to Lancaster for the holiday, only problem was the resterant ran out of pecan pie so this year I am getting my pie as soon as I sit down.

My sil makes all the arrangements and we always have a great time. One year we all went on a cruise that she arranged for. We are taking her with us to Disney World this year as she is fun and easy to be with.

Finished my Banana Pudding, Sweet Potato Casserole, Strawberry Pretzel Salad, and Cranberry Spinach Salad this a.m. Killing some time before we head out the door to my brother's house to be with family for the day. I think I'll have a piece of fudge while I'm waiting.:001_smile: