Menu

And You Thought You Had a Bad Day...

That actually happened to me when my oldest two were about 3 and 5. It was my kitchen, though. I came down with the flu about 4 in the afternoon, so I put a movie on for them and went to bed. I literally couldn't stand up without feeling like I was going to pass out. My dh got in the car to come home and was there in 20 minutes tops.

In that 20 minutes, my two boys dumped my flour canister and my sugar canister in the floor of my little galley kitchen. Then they filled the canisters with water and poured that on top of the flour and sugar. They had a great time running in one door and out the other - until their dad got home. :001_smile:

The worst part was that my washer and dryer were in the kitchen behind MIRROR bi-fold doors. It took my dh a long, long time to clean up. I think he mopped about 10 times.

"It's like a snowman puked all over my living room."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was my favorite part too. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm told that when I was little my brother (a year and a half older than me) and I spread butter all over the living room. I'm not sure how we got hold of a stick of butter, but evidently we had a wonderful time in there until Mom realized it was a little TOO quiet in there. She had been in the kitchen making lunch. For my dad. And his boss. Who were at the door when she discovered the wreckage. At this stage, my primary regret is that I have no actual memory of this event myself. I mean, if you're going to do something like that, you want to be able to remember it, right?

We also once made tomato soup in the fish tank.

I think it is staged. Not that kids wouldn't do that, but it looks too evenly spread to me. Perfectly spread on each couch cushion, each picture, etc. And she has disabled comments on it.

The thought wouldn't have occurred to me, but now that you mention it...:001_huh: Would the kids really throw flour on the photo frames and on the ship above the tv?

In that 20 minutes, my two boys dumped my flour canister and my sugar canister in the floor of my little galley kitchen. Then they filled the canisters with water and poured that on top of the flour and sugar.

:001_huh: Yes if I was that woman I would be grateful it was just flour and the kids didn't add anything wet.

Would the kids really throw flour on the photo frames and on the ship above the tv?
You mean you have kids that wouldn't :001_huh:

I've cleaned some messes like that in my time - although mine involved things like Desitin cream and paint :glare: I'd probably have just shrugged my shoulders and been grateful it was only flour :lol:

Grab the vacumme -it's an easy clean ;)

You should have seen the tears (mine) when I had to clean Desitin cream off the window shades and window (did you know that it is almost impossible to clean diaper cream off a window -I do) -how a 3yo got it all the way to the top of the roller without a chair or ladder I still don't know -it took me two days to scrub it off.

Edited by sewingmama

Lol, I know a mom that happened to, but it was sugar AND flour.

You start with wine. :D

No, I don't think it was staged, the kids said, "You sick mommy?"

Yeah, I think the kids seem pretty genuine--I don't think that would be easy to fake. "See? See? See, Mommy?" I can totally see myself walking around in shock and not knowing even what to say (if it was staged, she'd probably have given herself some lines other than, "Oh my gosh"). I just probably wouldn't have had the presence of mind to grab the camera. Or at least that's how I would probably have reacted when mine were littler. Now that they're older if they pulled something like this I'm sure I'd blow my top!

Very, very staged!

There is no way the kids are going to throw perfectly even amounts all over the couch, covering each cushion perfectly, in a uniform pattern.....with perfect sized ADULT sized fingerprints smearing it around (visable at about 30 seconds in on the front edge of the smaller couch, and at the end of the video in the couch under the pictures).

The flour is obviously dumped from above, onto the couch, NOT thrown from the floor, UP. The kids aren't even throwing the flour in the video, just dumping and playing in it...like you would expect kids to do. LOL

It is also quite convenient that they threw perfect handfuls onto each picture on the wall! The little lumps that are aimed right at the people in the pictures was just amazing for the kids ages LOL.

I also find it suspect, that while they supposedly threw it all over the couches, the TV and other parts of the room were barely touched.

My guess...she wants a new couch and rug. I am sure she will get someone to donate to help her get new furniture. Or just doing it for attention. In the picture on the wall she looks like a single parent. hmmmm maybe deception and antics like this is why!

I had my first 3 in just under 3 years . . . there were some unfortunate messes.

A gallon of milk dumped on the kitchen floor and then swam in. A dozen cracked eggs on that same kitchen floor (at a later date) and then swam in!

A naked two year old fully clothed in lip stick.

An entire living decorated with red sharpie (even though we did not own a red sharpie and we never found that implement of destruction after what we referred to as "red Wednesday"). This one took multiple coats of primer and paint to remedy:glare:

I know I have blocked out many other traumatic mess memories.

Little kids are sneaky and have super-human speed. None of the above disasters took more than three (five max) unsupervised minutes.

Huge cheers for all parents that ever have or ever will spend hours of time they don't have to spare cleaning up little kid disasters!:hurray:

I have had my children do something similar, though kept in in the kitchen. They were making waffles as we did about 2 times a week. About the same age, though mine seem to be closer in age.

BTW, not positive it was the flour, could have been the baking soda or baking powder, but when I tired to vacuum our mess up it just shot out the bag.

Also, the couches look like the boys tried to climb it and then saw their prints, the thrown flour could be a result of the two boys trying to "share" the bag or the little one putting it on his head repeatedly.

Hopefully they do not try this again!

I had a friend many years ago whose son, then a toddler, was a climber. He loved things in the kitchen cabinets, usually sippy cups, plastic containers, etc.

However, the day he started to branch out, he started with the oil and, then, the Costco-sized cinnamon. She came in to find him fascinated with not only the finger painting on the floor, cabinet doors, and frig door, but with what he could do on himself. Yep, tiring of the flat surfaces, he had stripped down to his birthday suit, and was decorating himself.

:lol:

I think it is staged. Not that kids wouldn't do that, but it looks too evenly spread to me. Perfectly spread on each couch cushion, each picture, etc. And she has disabled comments on it.

I agree.

I absolutely believe that kids *could* make a mess like that but this felt very staged.

It's flour. Totally cleanable.

How would you get new furniture out of that?

Today, I just filed the second claim in 30 days on my car insurance. I wasn't driving the first time, and not even in the car the second time.

The rental car I was driving while my Traverse was being repaired was hit in a parking lot--by someone who just hit it and drove away. :glare:

I didn't even notice it, but the guy at the body shop who inspects incoming rental cars sure did. At first I thought he was joking since he used words like "all crushed up". It was a dent to the rear passenger side door and quarter panel, typical of what you'd expect of someone backing out of a parking spot and clipping you with their front bumper. A fast moving shopping cart could have done it.

They say these things happen in threes. Somewhere out there is a deer waiting to run out in front of me. :tongue_smilie:

I have had my children do something similar, though kept in in the kitchen. They were making waffles as we did about 2 times a week. About the same age, though mine seem to be closer in age.

BTW, not positive it was the flour, could have been the baking soda or baking powder, but when I tired to vacuum our mess up it just shot out the bag.

Also, the couches look like the boys tried to climb it and then saw their prints, the thrown flour could be a result of the two boys trying to "share" the bag or the little one putting it on his head repeatedly.

Hopefully they do not try this again!

....but, there are no kid sized hand or foot prints on the couch. If you look at the end of the video, she zooms in on the couch cushions. The smearing is only on the front part of the cushion, like someone went by and wiped it with a hand.

I can believe it. I've cleaned a baby powder disaster on a smaller scale not once, but twice and a diaper cream fiasco that rivaled the linked video. I have photographic evidence of that one. (Maybe it is why I do not see her filming as an indicator of deception.) When I opened the door to find an new tub of Boudrioux's empty and the room's furniture, floors, walls, and occupants covered in diaper cream I closed the door, did a silent scream, and then grabbed the camera because I knew that mere words could NEVER capture what I had seen. I reasoned that DH would never believe it unless he could see it!

That being said, she should just be thankful it was only flour!

Apparently the masses don't believe it.

http://shine.yahoo.com/moments-of-motherhood/video--boys-dump-flour-all-over-house-in-an-ususually-uniformly-messy-way.html

I don't either. I'm a devout Catholic who tries to control my temper, language,etc. Had I walked in on that mess, I would have put sailors to shame. I would NOT have grabbed the video camera and filmed everything for a good 7 minutes.

Total Hoax!

Wow. I'm getting flashbacks. :001_huh:

We had it with a container of flour too, but it wasn't as nicely sprinkled/spread as hers. It was a huge pile of flour in the middle of the floor and a one very happy toddler on top of it.

My reaction, however, wasn't anywhere near as calm as hers.

Apparently the masses don't believe it.

http://shine.yahoo.com/moments-of-motherhood/video--boys-dump-flour-all-over-house-in-an-ususually-uniformly-messy-way.html

I don't either. I'm a devout Catholic who tries to control my temper, language,etc. Had I walked in on that mess, I would have put sailors to shame. I would NOT have grabbed the video camera and filmed everything for a good 7 minutes.

Total Hoax!

Did you read any of the comments underneath? "It looks like Charlie Sheen sneezed." :lol::lol::lol:

I had my first 3 in just under 3 years . . . there were some unfortunate messes.

A gallon of milk dumped on the kitchen floor and then swam in. A dozen cracked eggs on that same kitchen floor (at a later date) and then swam in!

A naked two year old fully clothed in lip stick.

An entire living decorated with red sharpie (even though we did not own a red sharpie and we never found that implement of destruction after what we referred to as "red Wednesday"). This one took multiple coats of primer and paint to remedy:glare:

I know I have blocked out many other traumatic mess memories.

Little kids are sneaky and have super-human speed. None of the above disasters took more than three (five max) unsupervised minutes.

Huge cheers for all parents that ever have or ever will spend hours of time they don't have to spare cleaning up little kid disasters!:hurray:

:lol::lol:

It does look suspicious to me. A five-pound bag of flour would be heavy for a small child. I'm sure they didn't sit in the middle of the room and throw it by the handful, nor walk around the room and onto the furniture carrying it as it spilled out. In the video they weren't throwing it at all, they just rolled and played in it. I also find it hard to believe they could have physically gotten it onto some of the higher places, such as the window sill and the picture frames on the wall. More likely they would have started to dump it out and it would have come out in a hurry and landed into a pile. None of the damage suggests that is what happened.

it looked pretty staged to me since I have experience with 2 darling ds as tots

one took pancake syrup and yes decorated my living room, which no matter how much steam cleaning, it just stayed sticky and would look dirty again

one took a indoor plant dumped it out and played in the dirt added some milk for mud

one played in his poop to such a degree it was horrible more than once and we duct taped his diaper on

there were lots of other stuff like trying to flush a whole loaf of bread, toothbrushes, hot wheel cars well you name it my youngest tried to flush it

i remember each time going omg for about a minute in pure shock then, went to cleaning the kid up then the mess - just wouldn't of got the camera out - but that was before Internet and you tube

in hind sight wish I would of videotaped it so I could show my boys what a hand full they were when they call about my future grand kids:D

That actually happened to me when my oldest two were about 3 and 5. It was my kitchen, though. I came down with the flu about 4 in the afternoon, so I put a movie on for them and went to bed. I literally couldn't stand up without feeling like I was going to pass out. My dh got in the car to come home and was there in 20 minutes tops.

In that 20 minutes, my two boys dumped my flour canister and my sugar canister in the floor of my little galley kitchen. Then they filled the canisters with water and poured that on top of the flour and sugar. They had a great time running in one door and out the other - until their dad got home. :001_smile:

The worst part was that my washer and dryer were in the kitchen behind MIRROR bi-fold doors. It took my dh a long, long time to clean up. I think he mopped about 10 times.

Same here except the boys were using their tonka trucks to haul and dump the flour. :D I would take cleaning up flour over paint anyday. Ask me how I know.

It looked fake to me. Way too evenly distributed. It's like an even coat down the hallway into the living room. Plus, who comes out of the bathroom feeling sick, sees the mess in the hallway and instead of freaking out and running into the living room, grabs the camera and slowly video tapes it all? And yeah, there would definitely be toys, books or something on the floor in my house.

We've had the baby powder all over the coach, activated charcoal for the fish tank all over the floor but our most common is the chalk, crayon and marker on every surface of our house. The river rock fireplace, the walls, even the ceiling of the kids room (evidently standing on the dresser gives ds just enough reach). On rare occasion, when the mess wasn't going to get any worse in the meantime and there wasn't possibility of injury or illness, I would grab the camera for a quick picture.

If there was one main pile where the bag was dumped out and then it appeared scattered from there, I might believe it. But the even distribution appears that the bag was slowly emptied as it went along and poured little by little onto the furniture. That would be a little strange for little guys. Plus, mine would look way guiltier when first caught - the classic hands behind the back, shocked face with an immediate "I'm sorry" depending on how bad the transgression.

Edited by dottieanna29

it looked pretty staged to me since I have experience with 2 darling ds as tots

one took pancake syrup and yes decorated my living room, which no matter how much steam cleaning, it just stayed sticky and would look dirty again

one took a indoor plant dumped it out and played in the dirt added some milk for mud

one played in his poop to such a degree it was horrible more than once and we duct taped his diaper on

there were lots of other stuff like trying to flush a whole loaf of bread, toothbrushes, hot wheel cars well you name it my youngest tried to flush it

i remember each time going omg for about a minute in pure shock then, went to cleaning the kid up then the mess - just wouldn't of got the camera out - but that was before Internet and you tube

in hind sight wish I would of videotaped it so I could show my boys what a hand full they were when they call about my future grand kids:D

I just wanted to offer my sympathy on the poop. I had a DD that smeared it all over the walls on numerous occassions. We put her Pj's on her backwards. I wish I had thought about duct tape...