Menu

About your house

Does your house have a covered porch?  

1. 1. Does your house have a covered porch?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

No and I hate it. Standing outside in the rain to unlock the door sucks. Our main door is actually at the back of the house and opens onto our deck. We did have a 10x10 canopy set up for a while but took it down before one of the storms. For a while our gutter was leaking so there was actually a waterfall to stand in while unlocking the door. DH didn't take TOO long to fix that.

Yes, we have one on the front of the house, that runs the length of the front of the house. It has a lot of good space for rocking chairs. Then, we have what is technically considered a carport on the side of the house, which is large enough for two parked cars. We use this space as a covered patio. I want to finish it into a sunroom, or screen in room of some sort, one of these years...

We have A small deck in the back that is completely enclosed. It's accessed from living room via French doors. It's not really big enough to entertain or anything on, but its a nice place hang out or have my morning coffee when it's warm out. We just have a covered walk in the front.

Guest IdahoMtnMom

I have a deck on the middle floor (which is the main living area) that is about 1000 sq feet and half of it (north and west sides) are covered by the eaves on the 3rd floor roof.

We use both the front and back covered porches. My swing along with other furniture is on front porch. My beloved sky chair, hot tub, and patio set are on back porch. We also have a covered porch/balcony on front 2nd floor. Two bedrooms have French doors that lead out onto balcony. It unfortunately does not get used to its fullest potential.

Well, depends on your definition of porch. In front, we have a covered entry way, so people can ring our doorbell and not stand in the rain. Out the back we have a small, covered patio. I'm not sure if either fits the traditional definition of a porch. So, I voted other. Because they're covered. But not porches.