Menu

Why is your teen crying?

Well...pick a child.

DD14: Because her friend's mom was mean to her (the friend). Much sympathy crying over the phone. (btw, the mom was "mean" because she yelled at her for failing grades at school)

DD11 (not technically a teen, but has the body and hormones of one) because of the Boston Tea Party. Really.

DD11 #2 nothing recently :001_huh: I'm in for it soon I'm sure.

(yesterday)

Because she caught her fingers in a mouse trap. Twice.

DH was using the loud-snappy kind of trap to discourage the puppies from eating the muffins on the counter. Instead he caught DD17 going for a chocolate muffin. Then she snapped her fingers again trying to reset the trap.

Fortunately chocolate muffins can cure this sort of thing!

Not even a teenager yet! 6yo dd cried yesterday when narrating back the story of the dog who dropped his meat in the water while trying to steal the "larger piece of meat" from his reflection. Apparently it was heartbreaking to think of that poor dog losing his piece of meat (even if he did deserve it for being greedy).

If she's crying like that now, I can't wait for 13! :rolleyes:

If she's crying like that now, I can't wait for 13! :rolleyes:

I have one like this (age 4). We watch family movies together, and when one gets too deep, she says "I'm almost crying!" Sometimes she has to run out of the room because it's so emotional. She's going to be the biggest bleedin' heart ever. As for me, I'm movin' out on her 13th birthday.

He is too manly to let me see him cry, but I guarantee you much weeping inwardly over:

The supplement of an angle is 39 degrees more than twice its complement.

He's done it before. His brain is not in gear. He is mad that he can't remember how to solve it and he gets fiesty if I attempt to help him. So, I will allow him to wallow in total self-pity.

(He's in the kitchen making french toast, fruit salad, and a small cheesy souffle. I'm pretty certain once he eats, the world of supplementary and complementary angles with either appear to him magically, or his mood for asking for assitance will improve. Either way, I'm in here hiding with some chicken, beans, and spanish rice until the storm clears! I suppose I should have pity on this brothers. Nope - survival of the fittest today. :D)

Faith

I have 2 currently in tears which is about to cause me a melt down of my own.

ds is crying because I told him he needs to change his clothes a) they smell, he has been wearing them for a couple days and b) there is a huge hole in teh crouch I would like to stitch up, no one needs to see your goods falling out of your pants

dd is crying because I told her is was time to wake up and get dressed for the day.

Good grief, I thought having 2 in less than a year was hard when they were toddlers, this is worse, with both having these new hormone rushes at the same time.

My tween is actually having a good day. This is only because she finished her Harry Potter book and wants to watch the movie. I told her if she gets her work done by 1 with a positive attitude, we'll see about the movie. Normally, she would have been crying over math already.

My 15DD almost cried last night because she didn't do well on her biology test that I begged her to study for. She was upset that she left answers unanswered. A year ago she would have cried all night long now it is just tears in her eyes and loud wailings "I didn't do good on the test. I have a case of the dumbs." :confused:

You mean there's actually a reason????

:iagree:

No tears here today (yet, anyway), but when dd busts out crying & I ask why, she often says she doesn't know. LOL. Poor thing w/ raging hormones! I've learned that giving a hug often helps (helps her to deal w/ things & helps me to keep from getting mad/frustrated at the water works). :001_smile:

Oh let's see....

One is crying because no one in this house loves her, respects her or supports her art. This outburst was precipitated by being told to do the math that is due tomorrow before getting on the computer to draw. Granted her art is exceptional, and she has started her degree in animation, but she still has to do math.

Another is crying because boys don't like her. She is always the "friend." She gets to listen and give advice to guy friends but they don't ask her out. I have worked for 16 years for her to have decent self-esteem and to let her know if she is kind, fun and smart she will not have to dress scantily or behave inappropriately to find a boyfriend. Apparently I was wrong. Guys only ask out girls in booty shorts who engage in NSMO (No Strings Make-Out.)

My youngest dd is crying because she has a piano lesson today & her piece is not perfect.

Who are these aliens and what have they done with my three sweet, funny, loveable daughters?

Amber in SJ

My teen doesn't cry, he pouts, usually when I make him get off facebook with his out of state girlfriend. We have house rules. You must get off the computer when dinner is on the table. Internet curfew is 10:30. Is that a problem? Apparently it is. Every day. Even though he knows the rules and gets reminded repeatedly.

He's a great kid, but if he wasn't going to community college right now, I would ban his internet usage for a while.

Well, I called her on some math mistakes. She keeps forgetting the order I want her to do her math and I told her it wasn't an option. She has to do it my way [this is b/c she consistently makes mistakes that would not occur if she followed procedures.] I explained that even though she was not yelling or stomping her feet at me, she was indeed disobeying me for not doing things the way I have instructed.

Mind you, all of this was done with me being calm and rational. [There's a first] and yet it still produced tears. I told her to go to her room, cry as necessary, wash her face and then get back to work. :tongue_smilie:

Nothing today--yet.

Last week my 17 yo was crying because we told her it is not feasible to see her boyfriend every weekend. He lives 40 miles away --dd is a brand new driver, he doesn't drive and neither one have a job. Apparently dh and I are just big meanies and don't understand that the world revolves around him and their love for each other. :tongue_smilie:

My almost 12 yo cried because my ds was joking around with her. She was so upset that she refused to come out of her room until he had gone to bed so that there wouldn't be ANY chance for her to see him--she hated him that much.

The next day she started her period (not her first, but still). :001_huh:

You mean there's actually a reason????

We need a spinoff:

Why is your teen angry?

On second thought, never mind. The answers would probably all be the same. :lol::lol::lol:

Yep.

Neither of mine is crying at the moment. However, my son did just storm off to his room, because I had the effrontery to ask him questions about the history reading he promised me he had done. He couldn't answer them, looked at me like I had two heads, swore that stuff wasn't in the book (which I was holding and reading as I asked) and stormed off in a huff.

Of course, this is the same book he couldn't find after looking for 10 minutes (because he was sure that Dad moved it) that I found--wait for it--sitting on the chair next to said teen after less than a minute.

Sigh.

At least my daughter's having a good day.

Stop it!!! You guys are scaring me! Newly hormonal DD9 stormed off to her room and cried yesterday because DD6, who was playing with dolls, was making them talk to one another. Apparently, that is "soooo stupid!!!" I asked her how she thought she played with HER dolls when she was 6. She didn't have an answer, just a thoughtful pout. And this is my perpetually even-keeled kid! I need a running-away-and-hiding emoticon.

Stop it!!! You guys are scaring me! Newly hormonal DD9 stormed off to her room and cried yesterday because DD6, who was playing with dolls, was making them talk to one another. Apparently, that is "soooo stupid!!!" I asked her how she thought she played with HER dolls when she was 6.

I've lost count of the number of times I've explained to my daughter that if we had spoken to her the way she speaks to her brother, she wouldn't be the successful and self-confident person she is.

We've also had a lot of "fun" lately, because my son insists he cannot accomplish any schoolwork at all if his sister and I are making noise (which includes quiet conversation). I've reminded him that his sister had to put up with him making noise when she was trying to do high school, and he swears he was never as distracting as she is now. I've reminded her that it drove her crazy and make it hard for her to concentrate when he made noise, and she says she's not nearly as distracting as he was.

I honestly can't win.

My tween is actually having a good day. This is only because she finished her Harry Potter book and wants to watch the movie. I told her if she gets her work done by 1 with a positive attitude, we'll see about the movie. Normally, she would have been crying over math already.

Correction. She managed to make it through her school work successfully and I was in a good mood so we actually watched the HP movie this afternoon. We never watch TV after school, so this is a big deal for me. She made it barely past the credits rolling before she hit her brother with a pompom thing. I, being the good mother that I am, took the pompom away from her. Of course I am torturing her and she doesn't understand why I would take it away. This was said with enough attitude she earned a full on time out (she has a squat on the wall position for that). As she proceeded to wail unnecessarily about the situation and how absolutely unjust I am, she earned sentences. She has finally stopped wailing as she realized I wasn't going to reengage her.

this thread is hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dd will be 12 in November, and she's still pretty even keeled. She'll have an outburst here and there, a crying fit here and there, but overall, she's still pretty much the same for the most part. Today would have been the perfect day for her to cry! She attends a weekly co-op but I only go with her every other week because dd8 can't handle much activity, so I want her involved with our local group. I dropped her off at my friend's house, the one who takes her, when I noticed that she had my sandals on. :lol::lol::lol: She is my fashionista and she was HORRIFIED to see that she was wearing my sandals and not her own! We have matching sandals, but mine are 2 sizes larger!!!:lol::lol::lol:There was no time to turn around to get her sandals so she's had to wear them at the co-op all day. Today is only the second day of the co-op so she's still getting to know everyone.:lol: Poor kid!

Well after dd broke down a couple more times today I finally told her she had to cry elsewhere, her cry is too ugly for me to watch. That made her start laughing. She really does have the ugliest cry ever. So far the rest of the day has been tear free.

Awesome!

Not a teen story, but my overly-emotional DD4 again. She'd been discipined (mildly) and was in the Depths of Despair. I went in there and held her and she said, between sniffles, "why d-did you spank my g-gludious maximus?" I, who did not know she'd heard that term, busted out laughing. She was very pleased that she'd succeeded in making me laugh.

Oh, this morning I read this thinking I hadn't seen my tears for a while, so I wouldn't respond. Well, I guess I shouldn't have read this thread cause now I can add my version of "teen in tears": homework for her art class this evening - a 3/4 view drawing - and she was in tears! So yes, glad we aren't alone!

Barb

My teen is much too manly to be weepy, he just sulks instead. Today it was because I said, "Good morning," which was obviously a condemnation of the fact (of which I was unaware at the time) that he had forgotten to do his math from yesterday first thing this morning as promised, and was playing his computer game while it was yet unfinished. I can't believe I lost it like that over something so trivial!

My 12 y.o. DD cried because the medication for her eczema burns horribly and the eczema is just painful and itchy to begin with. So a good reason to cry. Other than that I think I have seen her cry maybe 5 times in her life. :confused:

My 14 y.o. used to be a constant crier but in the past year he's turned into a stone. I can't remember the last time I saw him cry or even show emotion other than annoyance.